IGNORED

Jonathan Pearce commentating; will he mention Bristol City?

Never to the dark side

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't get why people still say the FA cup is amazing.

It might be for non league teams to get big pay days.

But it's a competition many teams don't care about.

If they did care about it that much then they wouldn't all play weakened teams.

That's not just prem clubs, but championship and even lower.

Perhaps we should have fielded a weakened team and could then be lineing up against Liverpool! :whistle:

while commentating on the Chelsea v West ham game

1) The five nil thrashing of the other lot in the Gloucester cup

2) 1992 when he took on a bet with Robbie savage J.P. lost and had to dye his hair blonde

3)He was trying to recall his first game/s for Bristol City when they drew 0-0  back in 1968

4) J.P.'s  91 or 93 year old mum who has a pin up of David Moyes (on her wall?)

5)Made no bones about being a Bristol City follower although he won't be commentating

on a Bristol City fixture for sometime.

I could suggest J.P. could visit the City ground on the 10th January for the visit of Pompey

39 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

2) 1992 when he took on a bet with Robbie savage J.P. lost and had to dye his hair blonde

3)He was trying to recall his first game/s for Bristol City when they drew 0-0  back in 1968

5)Made no bones about being a Bristol City follower although he won't be commentating

I could suggest J.P. could visit the City ground on the 10th January for the visit of Pompey

His "Cider With. . . " podcast interview with @Shtanleyon OSIB is well worth a listen for anyone with a spare hour or so over the Christmas Break. 

Since my missus is a Chelsea fan we listened to the game and all the mentions were always fantastic. This is probably the most references he has ever fit into a single game!

When his co-commentator said that City has started well Pearce responded with a ‘yep, we always start well, then it...’ before getting back to commentating on the game.

I really hope we get to the Prem before he retires so that he can commentate on one of our games

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

He said his first three games all ended 0-0 Chelsea v QPR then City v Portsmouth then Gas v Vale

• The title was changed to Jonathan Pearce commentating; will he mention Bristol City?
  • Admin
14 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Will go back and have a full listen as I was engaged watching another game

It is possible there was more, I recorded the game back to watch any goals,talking points etc, and happened to watch this section as there were two goals scored so close together

On 10/01/2021 at 18:25, phantom said:

You'll be delighted to know @Never to the dark side that he spoke about our win against Leeds in 1974 

(Between the first two goals just after the Crawley clears the ball from his hands)

He mentioned that in the pre-match chat on the radio also, absolutely shoe-horned in, made I laugh!

Archived