IGNORED

Not a thread for Robbored

Unan

34 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

‘You’re going in the river’ always made me smile when I was young.

Does anybody if any poor soul did go in the river?

Also there was a song about Paul Randall which in these more enlightened times would never be sung.Great fun hearing it though when a young teenager in the middle of a packed East End.

Sung AT us originally by West Ham fans in the Park End iirc.

Hence the next home match we sang it at the away fans in a mock cockney accent and it went on from there.

46 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

Also there was a song about Paul Randall which in these more enlightened times would never be sung.Great fun hearing it though when a young teenager in the middle of a packed East End.

Yes, who too could forget the Neanderthal classic... "You'll be dead by 5 O'clock" ?

Different times indeed

3 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Years ago "if I had the wings of a sparrow...etc"

In recent times has to be "Flint says no..."

Flint said no and was as close to an ‘original’ Chant as you could probably get, The organic circumstance and meaning surrounding it were brilliant and summed up the eurphoria and defiance of that season and that we were absolutely going to smash our way out of that league 

In the first division days, I'm sure I remember the EE singing 'BRISTOL' the same as the egg chasers do nowadays. It was either that or 'CITY' and, as a young 'un, I always felt proud when it boomed out of the EE.

For me, it has to be Tom Thumb although we used to have a few choruses of Allouette back in the day, which was usually pretty good. 

9 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

My old man, he Played one....etc...

With a nick knack paddywhack give the dog a bone

Bristol rovers got no home!

Just realised that paddywhack is probably atrociously inappropriate!

The last line used to be `Bristol Rovers **** off home` before they started their nomadic wanderings and still festered over at Eastville.

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The last line used to be `Bristol Rovers **** off home` before they started their nomadic wanderings and still festered over at Eastville.

Ahhh before my time, started going in 88 by which time they were already squatting!!

'we are red, we are white, we are f****** dynamite, la la la la la la la la la'

'flying high against the sky, we'll keep the red flag flying high, ciderheads until we die, we'll keep the red flag flying high...'

'if you're standing on a corner with a blue scarf round your neck, City boys will come and get you, and we'll break your f****** neck'

In the old (standing) East End, anyone else remember doing the 'ma nah me nah' song from the Muppets? Or is it just me?

Silence in the crowd and a simple 'Brrrriiiistol' chant (one of my fondest memories in the EE starting chants....)

3 hours ago, Victory Park Reds said:

Wasn’t it reference to when we went away to Newport County and someone got thrown over George St bridge 

Had a pang of disappointment when I realised "we're by far the greatest team the world had ever seen" turned out to be untrue ☹️

Hearing "hit him on the head, hit him on the head, hit him on the head with a baseball bat, on the head, on the head" at the Barnsley game was a welcome return! More of that please. 

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

The Tony Harling classic

We hate Andy Pandy and we hate Bill & Ben

We hate Ken Dodd and his Diddymen

We hate Big Ted and Little Ted too

But the BCFC we luv you

My google search just throw up an old thread I started about him in 2013 here. Legend.

Ci-ty where ever you may be
We went down from 1-2-3
We'll be back , to win all 3
We'll go down in his-tory 

still waiting

We all agree,
Gibson is better than Yashin,
John Galley is better than Eusebeo,
and R*vers are in for a thrashing 

Get enough old boys together, add beer = a bloody good sing song :yes:

Archived