IGNORED

Szmodic scores for Posh

Redrascal2

17 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

According to Sky "a clinical cool finish". Is that because he is playing at a lower standard or because the Manager has belief in him and he is getting selected. Either way we could do with some finishing like that. 

I've watched him a few times for the U23's & he can definitely pick a finish..

It's "off the ball" he struggles and seems to drift...plus 'physicality'..

13 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Yeh, makes you wonder how all those Sheff Utd players who played in that division managed to get by in the Championship!! 

Great coach who trusts his players, and picks a settled side, players giving their all week in week out , we could learn alot from them 

He didn't really do a lot when he played. Very rarely touched the ball. But the little bits we saw he showed glimpses.

Would not be surprised if he is involved next season. If we ever want to go back to high pressing then he fits right in with his work rate along with Weimann.

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

See him every day in training do you?

Very few of us get to see the training ground- but we all get to see the news of exciting new signings AND how well some of them do once they leave, most of us never seeing how good they may have been - One recent leaver was joint top scorer in his league this season after the Johnsons exchanged 1.5 mill to get him to the gate very recently!

2 hours ago, dave36 said:

Very few of us get to see the training ground- but we all get to see the news of exciting new signings AND how well some of them do once they leave, most of us never seeing how good they may have been - One recent leaver was joint top scorer in his league this season after the Johnsons exchanged 1.5 mill to get him to the gate very recently!

I'm glad LJ doesn't think 'well Mo Eisa looks poor in training, he's clearly not good enough. But I need to show the fans he isn't good enough so let's give him 5 or 6 games which might mean we lose a few, but at least the fans will then be ok with me selling him.'

Mo Eisa can't even get in the Peterborough team now. He is behind Toney and Dembele.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm glad LJ doesn't think 'well Mo Eisa looks poor in training, he's clearly not good enough. But I need to show the fans he isn't good enough so let's give him 5 or 6 games which might mean we lose a few, but at least the fans will then be ok with me selling him.'

Mo Eisa can't even get in the Peterborough team now. He is behind Toney and Dembele.

It’s bad isn’t it... Peterborough have a better selection of strikers than we do!

27 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

He started for them four times this month, the last time 8 days ago.

He's scored 15 goals. He's hardly out of favour.

He has been dropped last 2 games.

It goes to show goals are not everything for a striker. 

It sounds like Eisa either scores or contributes very little. 

Lazy and lightweight. Some even call him 'Mo effort'. 

There is absolutely no way a striker who doesn't seem to put in the effort at league one level would work in a LJ side.

I keep saying about him because so many keep on saying we should not have sold him when they're just guessing whether he is good or not.

I've even seen comments from our fans saying Ivan Toney can't be much better than Eisa if he's scored similar amounts of goals!

I seen the goal now, it was really well taken he clearly looks to have an eye for goal, I see in this thread his position play was poor in the under 23 side so he didn't make the first team but with finishing like that maybe an argument for just telling him to say in the box and shoot at goal when ever he can, I sometimes think Lee wants his strikers to do to much see them all over the place more like midfielders and not in the box where we need them,

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

There is absolutely no way a striker who doesn't seem to put in the effort at league one level would work in a LJ side.

I keep saying about him because so many keep on saying we should not have sold him when they're just guessing whether he is good or not.

I've even seen comments from our fans saying Ivan Toney can't be much better than Eisa if he's scored similar amounts of goals!

Has he become lazy or was he always like that? 

If the latter you have to question why he was purchased in the first place 

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Jesus. what we'd give for someone to score 15 goals. :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Has he become lazy or was he always like that? 

If the latter you have to question why he was purchased in the first place 

Well he never seemed to have great work rate going by what I've read.

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Jesus. what we'd give for someone to score 15 goals. :facepalm:

Maybe we should get Matty Taylor back if we ever go down!

32 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Maybe we should get him back now - as it looks like every other striker we like the look of doesn't want to come here?

I'd have him back to be fair. Even if we sign one, we need to loan out Semenyo so we might need Taylor.

Archived