IGNORED

Tomorrow

steviestevieneville

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

Not particularly no, and you are right it would happen every time we played a ‘big’ club.

Yep. Used to go to Aston Gate with a mate years ago. He's not been for 12 years or so. I can guarantee with every fibre of my body that if we get to the Prem he'll try to be first in the queue for tickets. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think people are probably over estimating it - but in brief...

£120k prize money. 
£100k TV coverage. 
27k gate receipts (40% of)

Extra merchandise sales and sponsorship for the game, plus hospitality.

Probably looking at nearer half a million in reality, although obviously not to be sniffed at.! 

If you add what all the local pubs ,restaurants around the area make , plus car parking ,extra drink sales in the ground plus other additional sales I bet it’s not far off a million pounds mark 

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Fabinho, Lovren, Matip, Keita, Ryan Jones....would have been terrible to have to watch those nobody's, as well as Klopp at AG.

As for the media circus...get used to it if you want a part of the Premier League.

Personally I wont be watching the game as I will be gutted at us missing out...and also hopefully still laughing at Man U losing (please god) at Tranmere.

For 6 clubs (Mancs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal) these will be high profile games that we would take in our stride as members of the same league and they will, give or take, be playing their strongest teams, and we will be competing for premier league points, which will be fantastic. Pretty much every other team currently in the Prem (with the exception of Everton and possibly Bournemouth) we have played in the league in the last decade.  The "magic" of the FA cup has long gone.  

When we last got promoted to the top flight it was brilliant to play the top clubs in front of full houses, but the reality is that most of the time you are playing teams like (with all due respect), Brighton, Watford, Palace and Burnley. We had our glamour cup run 2 seasons ago, which was fine, but promotion to the Premier League has to be our priority.

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Fabinho, Lovren, Matip, Keita, Ryan Jones....would have been terrible to have to watch those nobody's, as well as Klopp at AG.

51 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

“Who are ya?” ?

If those players are half as good as Ryan Kent was for us, we are missing a footballing treat!

15 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Been there, done that, Liverpool at home, draw, Anfield, beat them, their Manager sacked.  

So for myself, no big deal, but I do feel for those who were too young to have experienced that night at Anfield, it was one of those you don’t forget too easily.  Have never had anytime for Liverpool, but a a visit there and seeing the kop in full YNWA mode does send a shiver down the spine - an iconic football moment.  ( Yes , I do appreciate that if we had got through it was a home tie, but that’s how ‘94 started).

Actually it was Liverpool at Home, draw then floodlights fail and match abandoned, then repeat Liverpool at Home, draw, then away at Anfield win!

15 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Been there, done that, Liverpool at home, draw, Anfield, beat them, their Manager sacked.  

So for myself, no big deal, but I do feel for those who were too young to have experienced that night at Anfield, it was one of those you don’t forget too easily.  Have never had anytime for Liverpool, but a a visit there and seeing the kop in full YNWA mode does send a shiver down the spine - an iconic football moment.  ( Yes , I do appreciate that if we had got through it was a home tie, but that’s how ‘94 started).

I agree. If we had been going to Anfield I would have been gutted as I wanted to return after all those years. Liverpool at home and all the 'friends' I suddenly had because they thought I could get them a ticket as I have a ST was another thing. Where were they a couple of weeks ago on a Tuesday night?

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

If you add what all the local pubs ,restaurants around the area make , plus car parking ,extra drink sales in the ground plus other additional sales I bet it’s not far off a million pounds mark 

To the local economy, yes. Not to the club though. 

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Correct. We might want to see the World Club Champions at AG, but would we want to see City beaten both easily and heavily on national TV?

Financially we missed out on £135,000 for not winning the third round tie. Now we have missed out on both gate & TV income from this fourth round tie.

Perhaps this could have added up to £500,000; enough for some wages if not a transfer fee?

Possibly somewhere between £500,000-£1m...though if gate receipts split a certain way then maybe less?

Edit: Just seen post by Bar BS3- says 45% online! 45% per side, then 10% to the FA or something?

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

it was over that, just for the club alone.

16 hours ago, TomF said:

I also don’t think it’ll be anything like the first XI playing tomorrow - similar line up to what they fielded against Everton I’d imagine. 

Adrian- Not first choice but decent record at West Ham, and Real Betis before that.

Gomez- Could be first choice or there or thereabouts.

Milner- at LB, an unorthodox position for him but...still he's played LM before.

Lallana- In and around first team squad. Experienced, known.

Origi- A useful squad player, became a bit of an unexpected hero for them last season- in the CL notably vs Barcelona. In and around a high calibre national side such as Belgium.

Oxlade-Chamberlain- Off the bench, definitely in and around.

A mixed side basically- they had a lot of youth as well but not solely, clearly!

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was this for the two Manchester games, or the projected earnings from this tie?

Also local area + AG/City, or merely local area including AG/City?

By not getting the Liverpool game the club has lost out on £1.Xm. I wont put the exact figure i was told but my info was that the money was from this game alone. They had worldwide interest and enquiries, obviously for Liverpool not us as potential hosts, but by not beating Shrewsbury we lost well over £1m.

32 minutes ago, RedM said:

By not getting the Liverpool game the club has lost out on £1.Xm. I wont put the exact figure i was told but my info was that the money was from this game alone. They had worldwide interest and enquiries, obviously for Liverpool not us as potential hosts, but by not beating Shrewsbury we lost well over £1m.

Perhaps gross, but it’s the nett figure that count!

Fair play to Man.Utd, 5-0 up at half time.

A team seeming to relish playing on an old fashioned cut up muddy pitch rather than the snooker table surfaces they must be used to.

Far from a Man.Utd fan, but some quality football and goals so far.

Archived