IGNORED

city playoffs

MattWSM

4 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

No way would they have beaten us at home, not 4 0 no chance.

Funny you should say that about a coin toss for a venue.

I went to most games in that era, and im sure it was cambridge in the fa cup?

And milne wasnt playing then so i reckon it was that game.

You could be right, I just can't remember a shoot out at Walsall.

To me the roar for the end of the match, celebrating our comeback, was followed fairly swiftly with a toss of the coin and an announcement that the decider would take place at Fellows Park.

So a little bit of a downer as we trooped out, but not enough to stop us going home more than happy with the result.

I may be wrong and have blotted it out - I'm sure someone else will remember either way.

I've always thought the 3rd match should have been played at a neutral ground really.

6 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

True that, if we would have played at say villa park, there would have been 35000 there easy.

We would have took 25 for a game like that.

Agreed.

Remember the big queues at AG for tickets on the Sunday, and plenty left disappointed when they sold out in double quick time.

7 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Agreed.

Remember the big queues at AG for tickets on the Sunday, and plenty left disappointed when they sold out in double quick time.

I may be wrong about this and it could well have been another time we queued up for tickets but I seem to remember it was the same day they blew up the old Wills warehouses on Winterstoke Road.

9 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Wish they would show us winning 2 0 at walsall in the play offs.

Big joe crocked half of walsalls defence that day.

I loved that game - I went to all three of those games in the play off ‘final’ vs The Saddlers - obviously hated the 4-0 when we were 3-0 down after 20 mins - still at least good old Shutty planted one on Fred Barber at a corner - then turned round and trotted off without waiting to see the red card being waved in his direction ... I loved Carl! Obviously David Kelly notched a hatrick against us that day - his scoring record against us was ridiculous, for all his clubs! And dear old Ralph Milne played in all three of those games - happy days! 

8 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Don't remember the pens at all, are you sure it wasn't decided on the toss of a coin?

Wasn't too bothered at the time, still celebrating the unlikely 2-0.

Not sure it would have helped playing at home anyway, don't forget Walsall had already beaten us 3-1 at the Gate in the first game.

Kelly loved playing at AG too.

8 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

No way would they have beaten us at home, not 4 0 no chance.

Funny you should say that about a coin toss for a venue.

I went to most games in that era, and im sure it was cambridge in the fa cup?

And milne wasnt playing then so i reckon it was that game.

There was definitely a penalty shoot out to decide the venue for the third game vs Walsall - we lost the shoot out 4-2 - it took place directly after our 0-2 victory ...

8 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Agreed.

I remember we got about 2,000 tickets for the game.

Me and a mate were stuck somewhere alongside the park in the queue, and people were coming back with tickets numbered over 1,000 before we had even moved! They were selling 4 per person and people were buying tickets, heading to the back of the queue and selling them on. We gave in with the ticket numbers indicating something like 100 left at the ticket office and paid over double face value.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There was definitely a penalty shoot out to decide the venue for the third game vs Walsall - we lost the shoot out 4-2 - it took place directly after our 0-2 victory ...

Well, we would do, wouldn't we!

Still can't picture it, just as well probably!

Archived