IGNORED

Shrewsbury Vs Liverpool

myol'man

3 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

I imagine their forum is full of ‘Klopp out’ threads after that. Poor Shrewsbury side...

and that they really need a goal scoring striker, that they lack pace in the team and need creativity in midfield to create more chances.

Great to see an old fashioned pitch invasion too... & well deserved Shrews...

Trip to Anfield -  Clip Klopp :) 

(lessens our embarrassment at going out big-time - and we had a big hand in todays classic game through Max O'Leary, Great save to deny Pool , immediate big boot clearance up other end.. GOAL! an assist from Max in my book!)

Think I enjoyed that second half today almost as much as if we were playing it.. Nice one Shrews!

10 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Pitch invasion is a bit tin-pot mind. 

And they are still there singing, doubt if our stewards would have let us be on the pitch that long. And now the Shrews manager is praising Max which is nice

16 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Pitch invasion is a bit tin-pot mind. 

Yeah, would have been much more dignified to have stood up, clapped politely and left the ground in a quiet orderly fashion taking care not to disturb the neighbours... 

Tin Pot? ..FFS what are you on about?   …..it's called joy and fun, rarely happens, rarely get the opportunity to experience it... I remember standing on the pitch with at least half a million other Reds at the Gate applauding and cheering a very proud Harry Dolman the night we secured promotion to Div One all those years ago - I was young then - and it's still a brilliant fond memory!

For those young Shrews fans today will live long in the memory, and cherished for years to come.. Fair play to them for seizing a very rare opportunity!

Lovely scenes you Shrews ? 

22 minutes ago, Street red said:

Max is quality done himself no harm at all tonight Congratulations to him... Hopefully see you back in a city shirt soon.

Even if we don't, it's upped his value to our advantage.

Enjoyable game for the neutral. Shrews more than held their own.

Good for the Shrews. Those on earlier threads suggesting that they weren't fussed that we missed the Liverpool game because of all the requests they might have had from plastic-Liverpool fans for tickets need their heads examined...

...this is what supporting a less fashionable side is all about. A night at Anfield...and what a night that was all those years ago!

36 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Yeah, would have been much more dignified to have stood up, clapped politely and left the ground in a quiet orderly fashion taking care not to disturb the neighbours... 

Tin Pot? ..FFS what are you on about?   …..it's called joy and fun, rarely happens, rarely get the opportunity to experience it... I remember standing on the pitch with at least half a million other Reds at the Gate applauding and cheering a very proud Harry Dolman the night we secured promotion to Div One all those years ago - I was young then - and it's still a brilliant fond memory!

For those young Shrews fans today will live long in the memory, and cherished for years to come.. Fair play to them for seizing a very rare opportunity!

I’m all for fans getting excited and enjoying themselves. Pitch invasions are fine if you’ve escaped relegation, won promotion etc. But to invade the pitch after drawing (even if it is Liverpool) just seems a bit premature. 

When we draw at home next I expect to see you on the pitch. 

17 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

I’m all for fans getting excited and enjoying themselves. Pitch invasions are fine if you’ve escaped relegation, won promotion etc. But to invade the pitch after drawing (even if it is Liverpool) just seems a bit premature. 

Remind me. What happened when we beat a Man Ure.  Actually agree with you. Just saying. 

To put things in perspective it was teenagers, kids on dads shoulders and even men and women in their 50's & 60's on the pitch who've probably never been so happy in their life's watching their small friendly club give Liverpool a game after seemingly been dead and buried. Now if that was Millwall on the pitch I take your point but on this occasion let them have their glory on national TV!

41 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Bit more than a draw for them today though... a comeback from a 2 goal deficit  to earn a replay at Anfield when all match bar the second half of the second half and the weeks leading up to it you'd resigned yourselves to a resounding defeat to the best club side in the World. Then the realisation that you and your league one club are heading for a fabulous day out at Anfield as a reward its what dreams are made of for a little club like the Shrews... Theres no comparison between their achievement in seeing us off followed by the performance their lads gave them today and a run of the mill draw for us at Ashton Gate... 

The difference is 'leagues' apart literally! and nothing 'tin - pot' about it.

Cant see whats 'premature' about their celebrations to be honest when realistically they know this is a good as its going to get, before their well earned exciting day trip to Anfield ends in a footballing lesson and the end of the road of their FA Cup adventure.

They know that, today belonged to them it was their day and good luck to them!

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Spot on. Its their Champions League final. Their FA Cup final. 

No less an important result for the Shrews than it was for Liverpool winning last June. 

The pitch is there. No harm meant. Get on it. 

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

Good for the Shrews. Those on earlier threads suggesting that they weren't fussed that we missed the Liverpool game because of all the requests they might have had from plastic-Liverpool fans for tickets need their heads examined...

...this is what supporting a less fashionable side is all about. A night at Anfield...and what a night that was all those years ago!

I agree I bet they are hoping for for the return of 10000 gates so there is plenty of room for them

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

The one area of concern in Max's appearances for us has been his command of the area and that wasn't really tested today. Does look like he's bulked up a bit though.

I imagine we'll release Niki at the end of the season and Max will be back to provide cover/competition for Bentley.

I bet he will really look forward to that.

7 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

In the words of Jim Bowen...

This is what you could've won

I genuinely think, under the Ashton Gate lights, with a roaring atmosphere, assuming Liverpool played a similar team (which I think they would have) we would have won that or at least equaled Shrewsburys result. It's a bitter pill to swallow.

Klopp has said that he and the 1st team wont be involved in the replay at all as they will be on their holidays and he wants to respect the winter break (but doesn't want to respect the FA Cup and Shrewsbury) I used to like him before those comments. He fielded a weakened team in order for his players to have an extended winter break and now that that gamble has backfired he's going to disrespect the competition and their opponents? 

I can see Shrewsbury winning the replay now, what a great opportunity for them it is. 

People are constantly speculating if this Liverpool team can equal what the Arsenal invincible team did, what the Man Utd treble winning team did but my answer to that is no, those teams didnt achieve what they did by playing the kids, they didnt have a winter break, they didnt even moan about the amount of games like Liverpool do, they sinply loved playing and winning.

No doubt Liverpool will win the league but their arrogance is starting to grate on me, how they are now looking down on clubs like United who were winning multiple titles whilst Liverpool were finishing below Everton in the league. One good season and suddenly they have forgotten about just how shite they were? 

I have a feeling that due to the high intensity they play at, due to their absolute obsession with winning a premier league title, they will not win it back to back (which is one of the most difficult things to do) they have given it all to win it the once (in a year where Man City have been blighted by injuries) just like Rosberg and Hunt in F1, they will win it the once and that will be that, unfortunately Liverpool cant retire like those drivers did after they won the title. Those drivers retired immediately after winning because they put so much into winning that one title, they knew they didnt have the motivation in them to win it again as they had already won it, I get a similar feeling about Liverpool. 

Whilst I'm on the subject of F1 drivers and I moaned about Klopp moaning about fixture congestion, how many F1 races are there now? 21? 22? I know Libeety eventually want to increse it to 25 race weekends a season. That's 25 Thursday-Sundays per season. 3 days of driving a weekend so 75 days of driving a season plus the insane amount of physical training they have to do in order to drive those cars, plus sim work, plus all the briefings, sponsorship and media commitments, whilst travelling all around the world every week yet they rarely moan about it, it is what it is, they just get on with it. Yet footballers need to be wrapped in cotton wool.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I genuinely think, under the Ashton Gate lights, with a roaring atmosphere, assuming Liverpool played a similar team (which I think they would have) we would have won that or at least equaled Shrewsburys result. It's a bitter pill to swallow.

Klopp has said that he and the 1st team wont be involved in the replay at all as they will be on their holidays and he wants to respect the winter break (but doesn't want to respect the FA Cup and Shrewsbury) I used to like him before those comments. He fielded a weakened team in order for his players to have an extended winter break and now that that gamble has backfired he's going to disrespect the competition and their opponents? 

I can see Shrewsbury winning the replay now, what a great opportunity for them it is. 

People are constantly speculating if this Liverpool team can equal what the Arsenal invincible team did, what the Man Utd treble winning team did but my answer to that is no, those teams didnt achieve what they did by playing the kids, they didnt have a winter break, they didnt even moan about the amount of games like Liverpool do, they sinply loved playing and winning.

No doubt Liverpool will win the league but their arrogance is starting to grate on me, how they are now looking down on clubs like United who were winning multiple titles whilst Liverpool were finishing below Everton in the league. One good season and suddenly they have forgotten about just how shite they were? 

I have a feeling that due to the high intensity they play at, due to their absolute obsession with winning a premier league title, they will not win it back to back (which is one of the most difficult things to do) they have given it all to win it the once (in a year where Man City have been blighted by injuries) just like Rosberg and Hunt in F1, they will win it the once and that will be that, unfortunately Liverpool cant retire like those drivers did after they won the title. Those drivers retired immediately after winning because they put so much into winning that one title, they knew they didnt have the motivation in them to win it again as they had already won it, I get a similar feeling about Liverpool. 

Whilst I'm on the subject of F1 drivers and I moaned about Klopp moaning about fixture congestion, how many F1 races are there now? 21? 22? I know Libeety eventually want to increse it to 25 race weekends a season. That's 25 Thursday-Sundays per season. 3 days of driving a weekend so 75 days of driving a season plus the insane amount of physical training they have to do in order to drive those cars, plus sim work, plus all the briefings, sponsorship and media commitments, whilst travelling all around the world every week yet they rarely moan about it, it is what it is, they just get on with it. Yet footballers need to be wrapped in cotton wool.

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

The priority for Liverpool is winning the league nothing else matters. As for weakened teams even Brentford and WBA did it as the priority for them is promotion.

10 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Stop knocking Shrewsbury. They got what they deserved today and totally deserved to invade the pitch at FT. Football in 2020 is very much a case of the haves and the have nots. They held Liverpool and were ******* brilliant today.

:clap:

Archived