Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

myol'man

Shrewsbury Vs Liverpool

Max O'Leary starts

Scott Golbourne passed a late fitness test so he's in too.

Liverpool, even with a weakened team, should p!ss it 

• Haha 1

C'mon The Shrews.Didnt realise that Golbourne was at Liverpool now.

Edited by Slacker
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Max O'Leary starts

Scott Golbourne passed a late fitness test so he's in too.

Liverpool, even with a weakened team, should p!ss it 

Let's hope Shrewsbury do the business

10 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Premier League 10-0 Football League, as it stands. Final guesses folks?

Tranmere v Watford 9-1

Pretty shite atmosphere from the Shrewsbury fans tbh. Ashton Gate would have been a cauldron and from what I've seen so far I'd quite of fancied us to have a real go at this Liverpool team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Pretty shite atmosphere from the Shrewsbury fans tbh. Ashton Gate would have been a cauldron and from what I've seen so far I'd quite of fancied us to have a real go at this Liverpool team.

Yeh... massive cauldron. They’ve been giving us so much to get up and get excited about recently!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Aubergine 2
  • Robin 1

Personally hope liverpool stuff them, maybe I'm bitter but I have taken a real dislike to shrewsbury since going up there the other tuesday. There fans really reminded me of Swindon (especially the ******** in the red coat) for anyone that was there

• Haha 1

Gutted we aren’t playing lfc second 11 to be honest.My eldest boys team won this morning and it would have been a quick shower and down the gate for more LJ tombola / cheddar valley/ chunky pies etc.

My wife is from Shrewsbury but even she wanted city to go thru so theboys could watch Liverpool.

At least they saw us beat Man U a couple of yrs ago- we can’t do it all- and as wally says these things take time- until our global domination is complete.

Cmon City just sign a striker- even Devon White would do at the moment

35 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Must be 10-0 to the BBC just on mentions of how Shrewsbury beat us to be playing Liverpool!

Am I the only one angry at the leadership in our club? It’s obvious that had we been there Klopp would have fielded a better team, but Shrewsbury for gods sake are utter rubbish - yet we could not beat them twice!

Is Mr Motivator still available? Or is he too tall?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Must be 10-0 to the BBC just on mentions of how Shrewsbury beat us to be playing Liverpool!

That's why I'm watching without commentary because that bloke's over dramatising really does my head in.

Got Talk Sport on, a few seconds ahead, but at least i know when to look up at the TV if something is about to happen

Edited by AppyDAZE

This match has big international coverage. I’m currently watching it live on ESPN in Cuba of all places. In addition to the million plus income we have lost this would have been a great opportunity to raise the club’s profile on the world stage. 

2 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Fam'd be burying these chances. He'd be on for a first half hat trick against this shower...

Except we wouldn't be making half the chances Shrewsbury are.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 4

I watched 5 minutes and got bored. I have no interest in the FA cup.

The only good thing is for the smaller clubs. Hardly any clubs really want to win it. 

If they did want to win it then they wouldn't all play reserve teams.

• Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

Great finish that

Sad to see such a young player make an error like that......poor kid.........:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Sad to see such a young player make an error like that......poor kid.........:facepalm:

Less sad when it's the ***** who knocked you out though.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

25 counts as a kid now?

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I watched 5 minutes and got bored. I have no interest in the FA cup.

The only good thing is for the smaller clubs. Hardly any clubs really want to win it. 

If they did want to win it then they wouldn't all play reserve teams.

The Man City vs Fulham game was real bore fest, I know Fulham had a man sent off early and rightly so, but they continued to try and play out from the back at the home of the PL champions and we're constantly getting caught in possession by the Man City press.  I don't think they had a single shot on target and any shots of the supporters in the crowd showed both sets looking thoroughly bored.

Edited by BanburyRed

42 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Am I the only one angry at the leadership in our club? It’s obvious that had we been there Klopp would have fielded a better team, but Shrewsbury for gods sake are utter rubbish - yet we could not beat them twice!

Is Mr Motivator still available? Or is he too tall?

Liverpool fielded the kids against Everton in the round before. I have no doubt we would've seen a similar if not the same line up as is playing Shrewsbury.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He's made for life now as he'll be in every OG compilation......

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Outside the box, surely no pen if they had VAR today

Never a pen, well outside. Shrewsbury got away with one first half as well - blatant handball by Pierre.

It’s agony watching this match with all the chances wasted by  Shrewsbury. City would have marmalized Liverpool. 

Edit - now 2-2!

Edited by pongo88