IGNORED

The fa cup replays vs the premier league winter break

miketh2nd

50 minutes ago, numbeast said:

F.A Cup replays bring in much needed revenue to clubs like Shrewsbury especially when you hold a top 6 premier side at home. If replays are scrapped would teams like Liverpool and Manchester City give up some of their Sky cash to support lower league sides?

My opinion: If you want replays scrapped then PL sides are always the away team by default against lower opposition.

Objective reality, in either your thoughts or mine:

tom.jpg

Any and all bartering that the FA would open to would never be an even arrangement. There will be obvious bias towards PL sides.

30 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

My opinion: If you want replays scrapped then PL sides are always the away team by default against lower opposition.

Would the lower league teams actually want that? Surely part of the joy of the FA Cup for the smaller teams is the chance to play one of the big teams away? 

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

No it’s not fake news

liverpool have had to play in the champions league , world club cup both fa and league cup, prem, charity shield, euro super cup,

no other club in the country have had to deal with that and the only club to have ever come close to it was man united, who pulled out of the league cup to battle fixture congestion 

if anything it just show you to be anti Liverpool and that you have a bias against them,

and no I don’t like or support Liverpool in anyway, that’s why I can be objective about it

It is fake news because the figures I quoted you with is all the competitive games Liverpool have played including the competitions you have mentioned, Of which they have played less than the other teams I mentioned. In fact we can even knock one off because they played the kids against Villa in the cup so that can hardly count as a competitive fixture for the 1st team.

Other clubs have had to deal with it, lower league clubs like Portsmouth and Exeter just get on with it, dont see their managers refusing to manage the team because they need a break!! 

Yes I'm anti Liverpool, so what? The figures I quoted you with does not lie. You said no other club in the country have had the amount of fixtures they have had and that is factually incorrect as I have proven.

1 hour ago, sephjnr said:

Objective reality, in either your thoughts or mine:

tom.jpg

Any and all bartering that the FA would open to would never be an even arrangement. There will be obvious bias towards PL sides.

Assuming the premier league fellas don't want to also eat their cake then I think this is a perfectly logical condition  to any agreement to scrap replays. I would go further and give the lower league team the option whether to play home or away if they are drawn at home, say up to the Quarters, and either way the premier team gives up their win bonus, or at least 50%, should they prevail...

Playing during the winter break should then be a moot point, so yes then team has to be drawn from first team squad but with an allowance of youth players starting / in the match day squad.

On the point of Klopp not attending the replay, physical demands may be less but equalised by the probably increased stress levels vs the players = he therefore deserves the break if the players do? Notwithstanding the fact that these guys are richly rewarded, if we think of them as simple humans...

It's a bit of a joke that clubs feel their players need a winter break. But pushing that aside, I think Man U can partly be blamed for the trivialisation of the FA Cup. Only partly, though, as the glorification of the top European leagues and the CL has also rendered the domestic cups something of an after-thought

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Would the lower league teams actually want that? Surely part of the joy of the FA Cup for the smaller teams is the chance to play one of the big teams away? 

vs a larger share of ticket revenue, which would be guaranteed by said soft-seeding.

I wonder how they'd cope with 42 games as all teams in the league used to have to play? Now teams outside the premier league have to play an additional 4 games a season or 8 more than their overworked prima donnas. The premier teams could always opt out of the carabou cup (or league cup in old money) as they opted out of the football league. Most only have 2.matches in the FA cup. How.many teams in the premier league have an extended run in european competitions? Why do they need a winter break?

Heaven forbid that 4 or 5 entitled teams should feel that they have the right to spoil everyone else's season.

Rant over!

Archived