IGNORED

No talking football in the workplace?

Red Onion

13 minutes ago, Red Onion said:

This is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard and as a female I am embarrassed by her attitude

Chartered Management Institute head Ann Francke said sports banter can exclude women and lead to laddish behaviour such as chat about sexual conquests.

"A lot of women, in particular, feel left out," she told the BBC's Today programme.

"They don't follow those sports and they don't like either being forced to talk about them or not being included."

That’s made me really angry. Just had a massive rant in the office with a male colleague who hates football. ?
I’m fed up of people making stupid assumptions and patronising women. I’m not embarrassed by her comments because I don’t acknowledge other women’s comments  because I’m female too. She’s just a stupid idiot. I don’t like X factor, celebrity culture, Love Island, plus I don’t have kids - shall we ban talk about that too?!

No idea who she is, or why she is sought out as a spokeswoman to make such absurd comments.

Or furthermore why anybody would be interested in her views or take the slightest bit of notice of them.

Oh, I see this was on the BBC - that explains it then.

27 minutes ago, RedM said:

This is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard and as a female I am embarrassed by her attitude

Chartered Management Institute head Ann Francke said sports banter can exclude women and lead to laddish behaviour such as chat about sexual conquests.

"A lot of women, in particular, feel left out," she told the BBC's Today programme.

"They don't follow those sports and they don't like either being forced to talk about them or not being included."

Impressively managing to be sexist towards men and women there.

Saying women don't understand sport and men just want to talk about sex.

Purely anecdotal but my office is 70% male but the only other football fan is female.

Women being involved in football is to the benefit of all fans and stifling conversation about it can only be detrimental to this.

25 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

That’s made me really angry. Just had a massive rant in the office with a male colleague who hates football. ?
I’m fed up of people making stupid assumptions and patronising women. I’m not embarrassed by her comments because I don’t acknowledge other women’s comments  because I’m female too. She’s just a stupid idiot. I don’t like X factor, celebrity culture, Love Island, plus I don’t have kids - shall we ban talk about that too?!

Yes!

27 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

But.. but... aren't you meant to gossip about love island whilst us blokes objectify all the women we have slept with over the weekend?

2 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

But.. but... aren't you meant to gossip about love island whilst us blokes objectify all the women we have slept with over the weekend?

Ah, Love Island. The true meaning of love. 

It's not love, and it's not on an island. Can we sue? 

Chat about football or cricket in the workplace should be curtailed, a management body has warned.

Chartered Management Institute head Ann Francke said:

1. sports banter can exclude women and lead to laddish behaviour such as chat about sexual conquests.

2. "A lot of women, in particular, feel left out," she told the BBC's Today programme.

3. "They don't follow those sports and they don't like either being forced to talk about them or not being included."

"I have nothing against sports enthusiasts or cricket fans - that's great," she said.

"But the issue is many people aren't cricket fans," she added, arguing bosses should crack down on sports banter.

Who gave the go ahead and the airtime to spout such nonsense?

1. How many people have chatted about FOOTBALL and then thought "I better tell my mate about the woman I slept with on the weekend"??

2. What about the women who aren't left out? The ones who are, probably couldn't give a sh1te about any blokes chatting about football or sport in general.

3. If they don't follow the sports then they are not forced to talk about them. The same as men won't be told to chat about make up if women are chatting about it - but they wont want women stopped from talking about it.

Another sign of the times when a single person thinks they have the right to speak up for a whole group of people - when that group of people haven't even been asked for their views on the matter.

So should it stop at parents with babies not being allowed to talk about their offspring because someone in the office might not have kids?

People talking about what they bought at the weekend while out shopping because it might lead to people feeling inferior if they don’t have the budget to spend money on clothes or shoe shopping?

Can I now get offended when people tell me things that they’ve seen on Facebook or Twitter as I don’t use those types of social media?

It’s getting to the stage where you can’t breath without offending someone now!!

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

So should it stop at parents with babies not being allowed to talk about their offspring because someone in the office might not have kids?

People talking about what they bought at the weekend while out shopping because it might lead to people feeling inferior if they don’t have the budget to spend money on clothes or shoe shopping?

Can I now get offended when people tell me things that they’ve seen on Facebook or Twitter as I don’t use those types of social media?

It’s getting to the stage where you can’t breath without offending someone now!!

Getting to? We're already there mate! 

Everyone's a victim now. Which is highly convenient for many - it means they can whine about the mundane and ignore the big issues around them that they really should be caring about. 

Bloody glad I am retired. Hated all the sexual inuendo I had at work after we had beaten the Rovers. Fannywomble as Reg says. FFS there are two homo sapiens on this planet, one male one female, or cant she accept that. Makes I angry she should get on and help pay for my pension and indirectly my season ticket :argh:

How has this thread managed to get to nearly 20 posts without anyone pointing out that this is political correctness gone mad.

(It's not political correctness gone mad, it's the media spending the entire time looking for cheap stories to troll the British public.)

Social media has killed off proper journalism, now it's all about the most ridiculous and trivial story guaranteed to generate outrage.

This daft lady's opinion is obviously ridiculous, rather than ignore it completely, the media amplify for as many clicks as they can get.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

It's ironic that someone named Ann Francke has the societal awareness of someone who has spent several years in attic. 

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

How has this thread managed to get to nearly 20 posts without anyone pointing out that this is political correctness gone mad.

(It's not political correctness gone mad, it's the media spending the entire time looking for cheap stories to troll the British public.)

Social media has killed off proper journalism, now it's all about the most ridiculous and trivial story guaranteed to generate outrage.

This daft lady's opinion is obviously ridiculous, rather than ignore it completely, the media amplify for as many clicks as they can get.

I ran out of likes but couldn't agree more!!

1 minute ago, Olé said:

Spot on Olé. 

Someone says something ever so slightly critical or negative (such as "I'm not sure what Joe said is correct) is translated to the nonsense headline "Person A slams Joe". 

Everything is "slams" now. Nobody can have a healthy or constructive disagreement any more. 

What a total idiot she is.

Just do a quick Google on Ann Franke and that’ll tell you all you need to know about kind of person she is. She’s certainly prolific in the media and its a wonder she can walk, judging by the massive size of the chip she’s got on her shoulder.

Doing women no favours whatsoever with her attitude.

2 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Just do a quick Google on Ann Franke and that’ll tell you all you need to know about kind of person she is. She’s certainly prolific in the media and its a wonder she can walk, judging by the massive size of the chip she’s got on her shoulder.

Can’t be bothered , she sounds like a total ****! ...talk about what you want ! Idiot! 

7 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

That's it. It undermines the genuine efforts of people trying to enhance women's rights in the UK and overseas. It makes a mockery of equality and she should realise that her comments cause a lot of damage. 

Archived