IGNORED

No talking football in the workplace?

Red Onion

1 hour ago, DownendRed97 said:

Absolutely ridiculous thing to say. I have many good debates and  **conservations at work with female colleagues who follow City or other teams, and even if others who don’t follow the game are involved in the conversation they always seem engaged and actually seem interested in what we’re saying. 

As a general rule the topics of religion, politics, personal relationship issues/sexlives should be avoided in the workplace.

Yet you see fit to bring  ** tory politics into yours?  

? 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

This is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard and as a female I am embarrassed by her attitude

Chartered Management Institute head Ann Francke said sports banter can exclude women and lead to laddish behaviour such as chat about sexual conquests.

"A lot of women, in particular, feel left out," she told the BBC's Today programme.

"They don't follow those sports and they don't like either being forced to talk about them or not being included."

She's getting loads of well deserved vitriol for her views, people are angry.

If I was Ann Francke I'd find myself an attic to hide away in until things blow over.  ? 

Making the assumption that women don't like to talk about football is probably quite offensive to the thousands of female season ticket holders we have at Ashton Gate, who are as knowledgeable and enjoy the football craic as much as anyone.

Dont know why the BBC give these cretins a platform ... Well I do ... but not worth wasting anymore air on it. 

1 minute ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Good luck actually enforcing this rule. Can you imagine being hauled in front of a disciplinary meeting for having a chat about the previous weekends football? 

The way things are going, quite possibly.

36 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

As a general rule the topics of religion, politics, personal relationship issues/sexlives should be avoided in the workplace.

Yet you see fit to bring  ** tory politics into yours?  

? 

Actually I was referring to wildlife conservation and other eco friendly activities ?

I'm no snowflake by any stretch of the imagination but Anne Frank gags on Holocaust Memorial Day are in pretty poor taste. At least 3 so far I think on here so far along with Godwin's Law being invoked early on in the debate. 

If anyone needs a reminder : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust

Rip the piss out of the article we're discussing but leave it there, yeah? 

6 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I'm no snowflake by any stretch of the imagination but Anne Frank gags on Holocaust Memorial Day are in pretty poor taste. At least 3 so far I think on here so far along with Godwin's Law being invoked early on in the debate. 

I mentioned Nazi Germany.

Honestly had no idea of the day or the womens name. Would of been poor taste if deliberate i agree.

54 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Jacqui Oatley did a cracking job of telling her she was talking shite on the radio this morning.

Good, I've got a bit of a crush on her too but don't tell anyone. Knows her football etc. Lovely woman, Jacqui is.

Seriously though, good on her for saying so.

12 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

My wife has just read this and says she should be strung up and have men kick footballs at her! I'm struggling to pick out which City players to choose for the job..

Agreed, could be a problem there.

Even if she was just a couple of metres away, they’d probably keep passing the ball to each other, rather than take responsibilty for shooting!

Should I not be embarrassed that she has come out with this drivel? Actually I am embarrassed that any human being thinks like this, I thought we had evolved from the Cavewoman.

Well I am and she no way represents me. 

14 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

My wife has just read this and says she should be strung up and have men kick footballs at her! I'm struggling to pick out which City players to choose for the job..

I think it would be more interesting if you were Ann Francke's agent and you could choose the City player who had to kick balls at her.

Francke is made to stand up with hands tied behind her back on the goal line. The chosen City player, current or past, has 3 balls in which to kick at her from anywhere within the D. This means in order to hit her, the ball will have to be struck with power.

I know if I was her agent, I'd go for the obvious as I would want her not to be hit. Junior!

26 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I was actually thinking of this from a different angle Reg. I find it a rather foul coincidence that someone named Anne Franck, on Holocaust Day, would care to come out with comments suppressing freedom of speech. 
Obviously it’s not her fault she has a similar sounding name to Anne Frank, but I’m sure she is aware of this similarity. I’m minded to showing more ire toward this woman for suggesting such horseshit, on such a poignant day, than to a few ill-timed gags. 

Archived