IGNORED

Twice a week!!

pillred

And no I'm not talking about the average nookie but us being on twice, Birmingham on the Friday night 7th Feb and Derby the following weds, how do season ticket holders feel about it? I know some would go anyway but if it's peeing down must be tempting to miss at least one of them.

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

And no I'm not talking about the average nookie but us being on twice, Birmingham on the Friday night 7th Feb and Derby the following weds, how do season ticket holders feel about it? I know some would go anyway but if it's peeing down must be tempting to miss at least one of them.

3 times a week here ?

28 minutes ago, pillred said:

Part of modern football these days it gets worse the more successful you are 

3 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I've never understood why anybody would choose to watch a game on TV that they had tickets to attend, regardless of the weather. The live football experience is so superior to watching on TV (yes, even with our current home performances!).

People may make plans before the game is moved?

5 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Yes, of course. But the original question was about season ticket holders deciding to give it a miss because it's on TV and the weather isn't great.

Some with kids do, my sister does because of school and after school commitments for her kids (football training for example),

as well as travel arrangements like trains, buses etc

12 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I've never understood why anybody would choose to watch a game on TV that they had tickets to attend,

8+ hrs in a car, £100 in petrol, a city that hates visitors, loads of time to follow other pursuits.....

Haven't bothered totting up but I reckon I'll have 'wasted' over half the games on my ST this year to watch remotely.

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

8+ hrs in a car, £100 in petrol, a city that hates visitors, loads of time to follow other pursuits.....

Haven't bothered totting up but I reckon I'll have 'wasted' over half the games on my ST this year to watch remotely.

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Some with kids do, my sister does because of school and after school commitments for her kids (football training for example),

as well as travel arrangements like trains, buses etc

Okay, I'll revise my original comment...

I've never understood why anybody who lives nearby and has parking already arranged close to the ground, and doesn't have any kids or other commitments, would choose to watch a game on TV that they had tickets to attend, regardless of the weather. The live football experience is so superior to watching on TV (yes, even with our current home performances!).

Better? :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I've never understood why anybody who lives nearby and has parking already arranged close to the ground, and doesn't have any kids or other commitments, would choose to watch a game on TV that they had tickets to attend, regardless of the weather. The live football experience is so superior to watching on TV (yes, even with our current home performances!).

No I’m DONT get those ppl ether :) 

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I've never understood why anybody would choose to watch a game on TV that they had tickets to attend, regardless of the weather. The live football experience is so superior to watching on TV (yes, even with our current home performances!).

I'd feel absolutely pissed off that I'm not there.

There was a home game earlier on in the season where I had left my car lights on and my battery went flat, the breakdown company messed up and didnt get someone out to me in time and I was absolutely fuming I was having to miss a game.

For me the result is secondary really. I attend regardless because I enjoy just having a day away from the daily grind, having a few beers, a KFC pre match and meeting up with friends and it's a great way to let out the stresses of life by shout explicits at the ref for 90mins. It's a way of life for me and it doesn't matter what division we are in I'll still be down there enjoying my day. 

3 hours ago, pillred said:

I love it when it's wet.

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

People may make plans before the game is moved?

Neither of these games have been moved for TV. (Birmingham on a Friday was announced September time as LJ wanted an extra days rest for the Derby match).

I have access to sky but would never miss the live experience to sit in front of the TV whatever the weather. I shall be making a four hour round trip for both games.

7 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Most of our games are available to watch these days anyway either through robins tv or online

15 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

"....and who doesnt have a TV?"

I've been going down for over 35 years, 20 years on my own, becoming friends with some of those around me.  My little lad is only on his second season ticket, but already it doesn't feel right being there without him.  I'll go to the Derby game without him, but the experience will be lessened by his absence there.  I've missed games in the past to watch it with him if I've felt a little under the weather.  Brum he can go to as there's no school the next day, so yay!

There are lots of reasons for people to miss it, but I agree there's nothing quite like being there - irrespective of the result!

Archived