IGNORED

Euro 2020 tickets

BCFC1512

Instead of flying to Dublin (I have applied but I'm not an ESTC member), there is always the ferry as a walk on passenger. What's more, you can do it all by train! The Holyhead to Dublin route is great as the Holyhead train station is right next to the ferry terminal. Trains run direct from Crewe.

If you use Fishguard, the usual Irish port is Dun Laohaire (pronounced Dun Leery). The Irish Dart train service is great. Dun Laohaire is about 12 miles south of Dublin.  It's their metro line. I think the  Steve Lansdown Road Aviva Stadium has it's own Dart station as well.

Using the train/ferry service is a great alternative and cheaper!

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I applied for the Croatia game for me and Joe as part of the normal ballot.  Any idea when we find out?  Thought it was around now.

Yeah, ditto. Applied for two games via the UEFA ballot. Checked the “application status” on the site today and it’s honestly no clearer. Feels like we maybe missed an email saying we didn’t get any? 

I also applied through the normal ballot. Heard nothing - but the application status doesn't say that I'm unsuccessful (at this stage!)

We were lucky that someone else in our group got tickets in the first ballot and we're working on sharing those around. We'll be at matches in Rome.

11 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Got tickets for Rome. Looking forward to it!

Flying to Pisa and staying there for 2 nights. Then we are making our way to Rome for another two nights.

I’ve never been to Italy before so should be a good trip.

Rome really is an incredible place mate. You will love it 

Got the 3 group games at CAT 3 prices and the semi & final at fans first prices. €660 for me and my boy for 10 tickets in total. not too shabby that. Decided against 2nd round and quarters as planning trips to Rome/Dublin/Copenhagen/St Petersburg at a couple days notice would probably be costly. so doing the friendly in Vienna at the beginning of June instead.

Personally unsuccessful, yet again, but fortunately our party is big enough for one of the others to have got 4 tickets to Italy v Wales. That means we can all get to that match. Still waiting for a few of the others to check their emails or accounts. I didn't get an email but logged into the UEFA ticket site to get the news. 

Congrats to those who were successful!

On 27/01/2020 at 14:11, Norn Iron said:

Instead of flying to Dublin (I have applied but I'm not an ESTC member), there is always the ferry as a walk on passenger. What's more, you can do it all by train! The Holyhead to Dublin route is great as the Holyhead train station is right next to the ferry terminal. Trains run direct from Crewe.

If you use Fishguard, the usual Irish port is Dun Laohaire (pronounced Dun Leery). The Irish Dart train service is great. Dun Laohaire is about 12 miles south of Dublin.  It's their metro line. I think the  Steve Lansdown Road Aviva Stadium has it's own Dart station as well.

Using the train/ferry service is a great alternative and cheaper!

There is indeed a DART station right outside the ground. However it is my understanding that, in their normal fans-first approach, UEFA are putting a security ring around the stadium that leaves the station inside, and thus unusable, so you're trekking from Grand Canal Dock.

I know it’s £70 every 2 years to be a member of the travel club but I think the way they allocate tickets for tournaments is pretty fair

go and watch them home or away and you get caps,  the more you get the better chance of getting tickets for the more popular games or games with small allocations 

always a good showing from city at england games 

Archived