IGNORED

Euro 2020 tickets

BCFC1512

I applied for every possible England game and got nothing.

Frankly it pisses me off to see some people in the ballot getting tickets for multiple games. How is that in any way fair? It seems blindingly obvious to me that you distribute tickets as equally as possible to everyone applying.

By the way I’m not talking about travel club members, who have clearly earned the right to multiple dibs. I mean the general ballot. Although I do think there is an argument to limit travel club members to, say, 3 games, to give everyone else not able to commit the time and money, a better chance of going to at least one game.

Shit system in my view.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Frankly it pisses me off to see some people in the ballot getting tickets for multiple games. How is that in any way fair? It seems blindingly obvious to me that you distribute tickets as equally as possible to everyone applying.

By the way I’m not talking about travel club members, who have clearly earned the right to multiple dibs. I mean the general ballot. Although I do think there is an argument to limit travel club members to, say, 3 games, to give everyone else not able to commit the time and money, a better chance of going to at least one game.

Shit system in my view.

General ballot I agree with you but I think the ESTC is pretty fair. If you've put the money and effort in then you should be rewarded. 

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

General ballot I agree with you but I think the ESTC is pretty fair. If you've put the money and effort in then you should be rewarded. 

I know, I do agree there should be reward. But it does effectively create a class system where those who can afford to get to go to every game whereas those of us who’d love just one get nothing at all. I just wonder if that’s a little too unbalanced.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I know, I do agree there should be reward. But it does effectively create a class system where those who can afford to get to go to every game whereas those of us who’d love just one get nothing at all. I just wonder if that’s a little too unbalanced.

That's the same with pretty much anything in life. Not really sure how you clear that up without causing more issues - you'd certainly piss off a lot of people. I've got 10 caps and I'd be fuming if someone with no caps suddenly got a ticket instead of me especially when the rules were generally known before hand (ie the more caps you have the more chance you have). And I'm barely in the top 8,500 so those on much higher caps have put in way more effort.

That's the same with pretty much anything in life. Not really sure how you clear that up without causing more issues - you'd certainly piss off a lot of people. I've got 10 caps and I'd be fuming if someone with no caps suddenly got a ticket instead of me especially when the rules were generally known before hand (ie the more caps you have the more chance you have). And I'm barely in the top 8,500 so those on much higher caps have put in way more effort.

I agree it wouldn’t be right for someone with no caps to get a ticket instead of you. But if you already had three games in the bag guaranteed, would it be unfair for someone who can’t commit the time and money to the travel club, to get one game before you get a 4th?

I’m slightly playing devils advocate here.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

But if you already had three games in the bag guaranteed, would it be unfair for someone who can’t commit the time and money to the travel club, to get one game before you get a 4th?

No not really but I do understand what you're saying - just we don't live in an ideal world where all can get a ticket so this system is best way I think.

I do get that certain people can't got for various reasons but many are making a choice.

Shame UEFA haven't sorted the general ballot very well. Pretty greedy too on the ticket prices I think.

Shame UEFA haven't sorted the general ballot very well. Pretty greedy too on the ticket prices I think.

Really! I’ve paid €50 each for the group games. And €85 and €95 for semi final and final. But more for the others as I went CAT1 to make sure I got them.

goto games, get loyalty points. Get tickets simple really!

2 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Really! I’ve paid €50 each for the group games. And €85 and €95 for semi final and final. But more for the others as I went CAT1 to make sure I got them.

Group games pretty reasonable. Final a bit of a joke if you didn't get cat 3 or fans first. But yeh agreed on the loyalty thing.

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I agree it wouldn’t be right for someone with no caps to get a ticket instead of you. But if you already had three games in the bag guaranteed, would it be unfair for someone who can’t commit the time and money to the travel club, to get one game before you get a 4th?

I’m slightly playing devils advocate here.

The other problem with something like this (and I'm not knocking you at all, just continuing the conversation), how do you allocate the games? I've got (I think) 16 caps and if I could only have 3 games I'd choose final, semi and 2nd group game. However, if we don't get past 1/4 then I would only see 1 game. If I choose the 3 group games then I'd potentially miss the games that really matter. 

I honestly don't think there is a solution that would please everyone, especially seeing it's the national team in a major, almost exclusively at home, tournament. After the world cup a few of us made the decision to watch every home game in the hope of being in a position to almost certainly guarantee tickets. Luckily, for us, we got every game except the r16 and being honest, I'd have been p!$$ed if we were limited. 

However, if I was on the opposite side of things I'd also be pi****. 

I do think it's the fairest way of doing it as a reward for those who spend the money in the 2 years leading up but can also totally sympathise with those who missed out. 

(Want 3 tickets for the 1/4 in Rome or St Petersburg ??)

9 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Really! I’ve paid €50 each for the group games. And €85 and €95 for semi final and final. But more for the others as I went CAT1 to make sure I got....

Yeah same prices as I paid. €95 for the final is an absolute bargain. (Hopefully my seat is in the stadium). I've watched Champions league, FA Cup, Europa League finals, 100m Olympic Final and €95 is ridiculous compared to the others. Probably only rugby finals have been comparable/cheaper

For anyone with a conditional quarter final ticket for England, the Fan ID process (if that quarter final is in St Petersburg) looks like fun and games. The Fan ID system is currently only accepting applications from fans with a confirmed match ticket for a game at Krestovsky. The system won't allow fans with conditional quarter final tickets to apply at present, and for all games in St Petersburg a Fan ID is mandatory to gain entry to the stadium.

That means that if England finish second in the group and then win the last 16 game in Copenhagen (admittedly two quite big 'ifs'), thousands of England fans with conditional QF tickets would have to apply immediately for a Fan ID within minutes of the end of the last 16 game, as this would be the earliest point at which the QF ticket becomes unconditional. They'd then have to hope that the system accepts their photo (which was a mission in itself 2 years ago; many fans ended up having to pay for pictures from a photo booth as the application system rejected almost every photo taken on a phone or with a normal camera), and then hope the Fan ID is issued and received in the few days before the quarter final in order to be able to travel to Russia.

It would have been much easier if the authorities allowed anyone with a Fan ID from two years ago to re-use it this summer, but they've said everyone will need to re-apply.

8 minutes ago, North London Red said:

For anyone with a conditional quarter final ticket for England, the Fan ID process (if that quarter final is in St Petersburg) looks like fun and games. The Fan ID system is currently only accepting applications from fans with a confirmed match ticket for a game at Krestovsky. The system won't allow fans with conditional quarter final tickets to apply at present, and for all games in St Petersburg a Fan ID is mandatory to gain entry to the stadium.

That means that if England finish second in the group and then win the last 16 game in Copenhagen (admittedly two quite big 'ifs'), thousands of England fans with conditional QF tickets would have to apply immediately for a Fan ID within minutes of the end of the last 16 game, as this would be the earliest point at which the QF ticket becomes unconditional. They'd then have to hope that the system accepts their photo (which was a mission in itself 2 years ago; many fans ended up having to pay for pictures from a photo booth as the application system rejected almost every photo taken on a phone or with a normal camera), and then hope the Fan ID is issued and received in the few days before the quarter final in order to be able to travel to Russia.

It would have been much easier if the authorities allowed anyone with a Fan ID from two years ago to re-use it this summer, but they've said everyone will need to re-apply.

I know the feeling about getting the correct picture 

ended up paying to get my pictures the correct size off some websites 

a bloody nightmare 

10 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Shit system in my view.

I have a great deal of sympathy. It's pot luck. Last Euros we went for tickets to watch matches in Bordeaux - which we got because it wasn't a particularly popular location. We had no idea who we were watching when we got them. Turned out we watched Wales v Slovakia and Austria v Hungary. We then got in early on restricted view tickets to England v Wales - which were released late in the day. So late release of tickets might happen again. We had an email alerting us to this.

The other way of experiencing the fun of a big international competition, which we've done in the past, is to go to a fan zone. I imagine - for example - that the fan zone in Amsterdam will be an experience if Holland are playing.

This time there are 8 of us going to Italy. We all applied for 4 tickets to each match in both ballots. That's 16 applications. Between us we have got enough tickets for two of the three matches, and half what we need for the other. Applying in a group certainly raises your chances. I'm always cursed but others seem not to be!

2 hours ago, Red Exile said:

I have a great deal of sympathy. It's pot luck. Last Euros we went for tickets to watch matches in Bordeaux - which we got because it wasn't a particularly popular location. We had no idea who we were watching when we got them. Turned out we watched Wales v Slovakia and Austria v Hungary. We then got in early on restricted view tickets to England v Wales - which were released late in the day. So late release of tickets might happen again. We had an email alerting us to this.

The other way of experiencing the fun of a big international competition, which we've done in the past, is to go to a fan zone. I imagine - for example - that the fan zone in Amsterdam will be an experience if Holland are playing.

This time there are 8 of us going to Italy. We all applied for 4 tickets to each match in both ballots. That's 16 applications. Between us we have got enough tickets for two of the three matches, and half what we need for the other. Applying in a group certainly raises your chances. I'm always cursed but others seem not to be!

The day of that game me and my sister were travelling from Nice to Lyon for Northern Ireland v Ukraine when we got an email about tickets going back on sale. We debated sacking that off and heading to Lens but figured we would get there and be SOOL.

On 30/01/2020 at 22:35, Taunton_BCFC said:

I've got tickets for all three group games at Wembley. All Cat 1. All around £170 EACH ?

2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

But on the flip side only €50 for CAT 3 think 9 caps got you a CAT 3 so just 4/5 games is all you had to of gone too in the 2 year cycle.

I get that but more the point is there doesn't need to be such a big gap between the £43 cat 3 and £170 cat 1 I don't think.

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Hi all, advice needed from a tournament expert!

A friend has offered me two tickets for England v Czechs. He isn’t able to attend and won’t be in the country at the time. The tickets are being issued via the mobile app. Can he legitimately transfer the tickets to me, and if so how?

According to the England supporters website there is no way to transfer the tickets to another person and UEFA have a way of monitoring this.

Archived