IGNORED

Euro 2020 tickets

BCFC1512

So my research shows me it would be difficult for us to transfer the tickets to us without himself attending. One of the attendees has to be the person who bought the tickets, so one person would need to pretend to be the purchaser. Chances are they wouldn’t check, but with €240 euros at stake and a 9 year old by my side, that’s not a chance I want to take!

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought it was your friend offering them?

No I meant the random people on twitter selling tickets!

With regard to my friend that’s not a bad shout, but problem is one of the tickets has to be in his name. I would have a 9 year old with me so I’m very reluctant to take any chances, plus it’s an awful lot of money.

10 hours ago, The_Don said:

According to the England supporters website there is no way to transfer the tickets to another person and UEFA have a way of monitoring this.

My understanding is England Travel Club tickets cannot be passed on, whereas those bought via the UEFA ballots can be. So first question for @ChippenhamRed is where the friend sourced them, if ETC then a non-starter.

9 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

No I meant the random people on twitter selling tickets!

With regard to my friend that’s not a bad shout, but problem is one of the tickets has to be in his name. I would have a 9 year old with me so I’m very reluctant to take any chances, plus it’s an awful lot of money.

I have been to various World Cups and Euros, and used tickets with a variety of names on: at no game has there been any attempt to link a name on a ticket to any  form of ID. This includes Russia where everyone had a photo fan ID as a condition of entry. So odds are you should be good. The caveat is that this has never involved app based tickets. That said, it would be carnage at the turnstiles if there were ID checks versus scan of an app barcode and in you go.

Gut feel is you would be OK, but clearly you need to decide what works best.

2 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

My understanding is England Travel Club tickets cannot be passed on, whereas those bought via the UEFA ballots can be. So first question for @ChippenhamRed is where the friend sourced them, if ETC then a non-starter.

I have been to various World Cups and Euros, and used tickets with a variety of names on: at no game has there been any attempt to link a name on a ticket to any  form of ID. This includes Russia where everyone had a photo fan ID as a condition of entry. So odds are you should be good. The caveat is that this has never involved app based tickets. That said, it would be carnage at the turnstiles if there were ID checks versus scan of an app barcode and in you go.

Gut feel is you would be OK, but clearly you need to decide what works best.

My friend bought in the ballot. My research tells me that the mobile tickets require the purchaser to be one of the group, with each ticket named. So I would have to have his ticket on my phone - which I’m not sure is possible - and use his name for entry. I realise I would probably get away with this, but it’s a big gamble with €240 and the thought of being refused entry with my football-mad 9 year old son with me is just awful!

Done over by UEFA on the England v Czech match - 2 hour wait in the queue got the ticket and then they declined my payment! Called the bank etc...UEFA system problem not them...back in the queue but pretty sure they've all gone now.

We got lucky in other draws but seriously unimpressed today!

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

For anyone still looking for tickets, a new sales window is now open.

Looks like there is availability for 2 of the 3 England group games (although by the time you have waited to access, it may be a different story):

1750464815_Annotation2020-02-26105649.thumb.jpg.ea2fc5abb9d5aeae1689069c004a88c1.jpg

I’m currently in the queue and the information available says the same - but I’m not holding my breath, plenty of people on twitter saying nothing available for England at all. Shambles from UEFA.

Just got to the ticket portal. Nothing left at  Wembley for England games.

I could've bought Italy vs Wales in Rome for €50. Plenty of tickets available in Bucharest and Baku. 

The drop down pop-up of tickets left at all venues was never updated. That is the annoying bit.

10 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Just got to the ticket portal. Nothing left at  Wembley for England games.

I could've bought Italy vs Wales in Rome for €50. Plenty of tickets available in Bucharest and Baku. 

The drop down pop-up of tickets left at all venues was never updated. That is the annoying bit.

Same. Keeping people hanging on for hours in the false belief there’s tickets available really isn’t on. Pathetic from UEFA.

Can anyone understand the changes made, outlined in the email today?

We will get refunds if games are cancelled, played behind closed doors or reduced attendance. We won't get refunds if we can't go, which is normally the case if you were ill anyway. 

Is that it?

18 minutes ago, Selred said:

We will get refunds if games are cancelled, played behind closed doors or reduced attendance. We won't get refunds if we can't go, which is normally the case if you were ill anyway. 

Is that it?

Just received the email so will have a look 

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Is that it?

Just had a look on the ETC forum and there’s quite a lot on there about it

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve not read it myself yet, but summary

image.thumb.png.5a3adfeb1ab751a74d621c412a022cc1.png

Thanks Dave it’s the small print that seems to be the pain in the ass 

quick summary 

if you have tickets and they suddenly change venue and you can’t make it NO REFUND 

Basically uefa are trying to cover there ass 

EUFA are to make a decision on what to do on Friday 5th March.

Which is the day before we due to play QPR at home

So what would you think the best thing to do.

Bring all the games to England although their might be a chance that fans MIGHT be allowed in.

Downside for the country as a whole is that Covid COULD be brought into the country.

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I have England V Scotland tickets I'm going to take the risk of losing my money than give these up. It devastating that its highly unlikely to be anywhere near a full Wembley as this might have been the most incredible atmosphere ?

Mine are for Croatia....wheelchair tickets only £50.....I’m gonna leave it and see what happens.

4 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I have England V Scotland tickets I'm going to take the risk of losing my money than give these up. It devastating that its highly unlikely to be anywhere near a full Wembley as this might have been the most incredible atmosphere ?

And so do we. 

Thing is I bought mine on the resale market. Further complication? Or a massive hit?

Either way it was worth the gamble. For the boy. Was there in 96 behind the Gazza goal, watching it all unfold.

McAllister. Hendry. Back of the net. Memories last a lifetime. Money? That soon goes.... ?

7 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I'll be stood next to you right? ?

Archived