IGNORED

Reading away 80s

Red Army 75

Went up there with a van load of lads from around our way. (Barton Hill) Strangest thing that happened was  being sat in the stand before the game and when the players ran out everyone followed them on to the pitch and ran straight across to where the Reading fans were. 

fond memories partly because the  young lad who drove us there had cancer and died not long after ☹️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

If I remember rightly a big mob of Man City turned up .

You do indeed. Playing pool at the time and the cues came in very handy - saved us from a battering!

We weren't given the normal area reserved for away fans, being chucked in the 'bear pit' instead (you needed to be 6ft to see the pitch), but the bear pit emptied when it kicked off in the stand behind. Different times.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, swanker said:

Went up there with a van load of lads from around our way. (Barton Hill) Strangest thing that happened was  being sat in the stand before the game and when the players ran out everyone followed them on to the pitch and ran straight across to where the Reading fans were. 

fond memories partly because the  young lad who drove us there had cancer and died not long after ☹️

Who was that mate ?

17 minutes ago, basshead said:

Who was that mate ?

Martin Blyth an Easton boy.  He was bit younger than me, must have been about 21 when he died of lung cancer. A nice lad and a good friend of the family. 

quite a few of our lot are sadly gone now. So sad!!!

Edited by swanker

10 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Swindon away cant remember exact year jan moller was in goal and swindon fans pelted him with coins city fans responded by ripping up half the terracing and chucking it on the pitch 

I was there as well. Used to get about a bit back in the day. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, swanker said:

Martin Blyth an Easton boy.  He was bit younger than me, must have been about 21 when he died of lung cancer. A nice lad and a good friend of the family. 

quite a few of our lot are sadly gone now. So sad!!!

Ah right yea nice lad .must know you Barton hill aswell know his brother better .He's  going through  it at moment aswell  ?