IGNORED

Reading v Bristol City Match Day 29

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I have never, ever posted "Johnson out" in a match thread, or even just that comment in a thread. I think I've only once said I was leaning that way but not 100% sure, with a reasonably long explanation.

Don’t worry about, he can find an arguement with someone in a empty room. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

What’s the answer then spudski , better scouting , better coaching or is it a case of these are the type of that our budget can afford? 

I think LJs presser was very telling.

It's a catch 22.

We are now a trading team. He said so.

He plans a team...we get the players. As he said, at the beginning of the season we had the best mix of experienced and talented inexperienced. And I agree with him.

Then got injuries to Kalas,DaSilva, Smith and Afobe...massive.

Then we have a bunch of inexperience and youngsters. Fitting in with the Championship and taking time to integrate.

It will have flaws.

If you sell your best players and build your team previously around them, then you are screwed.

Bryan, Webster, Reid etc..

It's not LJs fault, or the scouting.

The system we have is two steps forward, one step back.

We recruit well...but it's to develop and sell.

In the process we hope to gain promotion and keep the books healthy.

No manager will do better imo.

The club's system dictates.

The one thing that is hardest to do is sign a player...it gets harder every year.

As a Club...we are seen as a stepping stone or a Club that has ethics and will look after a player. Baker being a prime example of the latter.

There is no magic solution.

I personally think we are doing ok.

17 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think LJs presser was very telling.

It's a catch 22.

We are now a trading team. He said so.

He plans a team...we get the players. As he said, at the beginning of the season we had the best mix of experienced and talented inexperienced. And I agree with him.

Then got injuries to Kalas,DaSilva, Smith and Afobe...massive.

Then we have a bunch of inexperience and youngsters. Fitting in with the Championship and taking time to integrate.

It will have flaws.

If you sell your best players and build your team previously around them, then you are screwed.

Bryan, Webster, Reid etc..

It's not LJs fault, or the scouting.

The system we have is two steps forward, one step back.

We recruit well...but it's to develop and sell.

In the process we hope to gain promotion and keep the books healthy.

No manager will do better imo.

The club's system dictates.

The one thing that is hardest to do is sign a player...it gets harder every year.

As a Club...we are seen as a stepping stone or a Club that has ethics and will look after a player. Baker being a prime example of the latter.

There is no magic solution.

I personally think we are doing ok.

There's 18 ( 17 if we concede!) championship clubs that would be happy to be doing as badly as us right now.

33 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

If he was a shrinking violet like some seem to think I doubt he`d have just thrown himself in front of that Reading shot just then...…….........

I still maintain, Baker is the best defender we’ve got - (and I said this when we had Aden Flint) - I laugh at the petty and misguided criticism he gets on here...no one doubts our other defenders when they are injured - they just love to deride a guy who has extensive premier league experience, it’s rather pathetic - and it reached a peak tonight with @redsquirrel claiming Baker “pretends” he’s injured ...

Archived