Never to the dark side

29 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

season 2011/12 1,720

15/16 3321

16/17 3529

17/18 3391

18/19 3310

All above games were played on Saturdays

In fairness, although considerably lower than previous games - I think that with only little over a weeks notice of the re-arranged date, the likely 1,500 is pretty decent. 

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

In fairness, although considerably lower than previous games - I think that with only little over a weeks notice of the re-arranged date, the likely 1,500 is pretty decent. 

Agreed, a bit of a negatively named thread, could have gone with ‘great effort getting 1500 fans to a Tuesday night in Reading’ 

1 minute ago, Galway Red said:

Crazy to have 15000 empty seats, they should be giving away teams the whole end

True.

One thing I did notice though, to their credit, is that in the programme they had upcoming away games. Coach travel to Weds is free and to Cardiff £15. I’m assuming they charge for Cardiff as the tickets would sell anyway, but it still looks below going rate.

I suppose as one of the traditionally poorer supported sides they need to do something, but it just highlights again how much more proactive we could be in this space

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

True.

One thing I did notice though, to their credit, is that in the programme they had upcoming away games. Coach travel to Weds is free and to Cardiff £15. I’m assuming they charge for Cardiff as the tickets would sell anyway, but it still looks below going rate.

I suppose as one of the traditionally poorer supported sides they need to do something, but it just highlights again how much more proactive we could be in this space

I can't imagine they would sell 2500 at Cardiff, just 9000 home fans there tonight

I was watching on Ifollow last night and the commentary from Radio Berkshire said it was their second lowest gate of the season. They were quite surprised there weren't more home fans as there weren't any Champions League games on etc. and it being a localish game. They were of the opinion the footballing bubble had burst in Reading so tough times ahead...They spent most of the night wondering how they'd spent £7.5m on Puskas one of the worst strikers I've seen this season.

34 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

I was watching on Ifollow last night and the commentary from Radio Berkshire said it was their second lowest gate of the season. They were quite surprised there weren't more home fans as there weren't any Champions League games on etc. and it being a localish game. 

Maybe there was a cycle race on?  Or it could have been the weather.....

Archived