IGNORED

Jamie Paterson - great pro

DownendRed97

Takes a lot to come back to your parent club that deemed you surplus to requirements 5 months ago and hit the ground running, inspiring us to victory in recent performances. Has been criticized on here, sometimes rightly, however think we should appreciate how professional the bloke has been. I for one would love to see him continue his form for the rest of the season and fire us to the play offs. Keep it up Pato!

2 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

Takes a lot to come back to your parent club that deemed you surplus to requirements 5 months ago and hit the ground running, inspiring us to victory in recent performances. Has been criticized on here, sometimes rightly, however think we should appreciate how professional the bloke has been. I for one would love to see him continue his form for the rest of the season and fire us to the play offs. Keep it up Pato!

Or automatic! Only 6 points. 

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

Why was he loaned out. Always gets goals and assists every season.... yes inconsistent but so is every championship player.

Dont understand why he went in first place tbh.

Because he is so inconsistent. He didn't do much at the start of the season, LJ loaned him out. He's come back, LJ has utilised him and it's worked. No need to look at it negatively, try looking at it positively.

1 minute ago, Lez said:

Why was he loaned out. Always gets goals and assists every season.... yes inconsistent but so is every championship player.

Fell out with LJ didn’t he.. i think it was off the field antics rather than on the field ones that got him loaned out.

He is a great player to have in your squad at this level but he is painfully inconsistent.. 

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

Maybe Johnson thought 3-5-2 was the way forward and didn’t think he’d fit in? Maybe he thought Palmer and O’Dowda would perform better than they have so thought he wasn’t needed? Either way he’s doing his best to prove that it was the wrong choice!

3 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

Maybe Johnson thought 3-5-2 was the way forward and didn’t think he’d fit in? Maybe he thought Palmer and O’Dowda would perform better than they have so thought he wasn’t needed? Either way he’s doing his best to prove that it was the wrong choice!

Surely 352 would have been perfect for him considering half the forum think hes a number 10.

Always rated him personally and still dont understand why he was sent to a rival on loan.

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

Surely 352 would have been perfect for him considering half the forum think hes a number 10.

Always rated him personally and still dont understand why he was sent to a rival on loan.

I too have always rated him. And yet he has always got fearful stick on here. One of the forum's regular scapegoats.

I love that so far he is doing rather more for us than Rooney is for Derby. Sorry, Wayne Rooney's Derby County.

What I don't get is people saying in the past he doesn't work hard, doesn't tackle.

He is very skinny and lightweight so might not be the best tackler but for me he works his socks off and tries his best to get his foot in too. 

You can see why he keeps Palmer out. So much more reliable and so better off the the ball. 

Couple of very sloppy give aways in a few minutes that can be infuriating, but other than that he was mainly very good again tonight. 

When he’s good he makes a massive difference to our attacking game but when he’s not on it he disappears from games and is a passenger

Technically he is very capable and on his day one of the best in the league in his position - just needs to do it consistently 

In my opinion, after he was ill in late 2018 (rumoured to be glandular fever, if I remember rightly) we didn't give Pato enough recovery time, and his form dipped because he subsequently took much longer to get back to full fitness. 

A lot of the squad suffered from burn out over that period, because of the cup run and the fact that we didn't bring in reinforcements in that January transfer window. Pato more than most. 

LJ got stick as a player, unjustly at times, because GJ wouldn't drop him even when his form was bad. I think Pato has taken similar criticism, but now he's fit, back with us and seemingly rejuvenated, he's almost like a new signing. 

I just hope he's not the only signing we make in January....

59 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

Big. Kick. Up. The. Arse.

Last chance saloon in reality to get another deal at current wage level.

37 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What I don't get is people saying in the past he doesn't work hard, doesn't tackle.

He is very skinny and lightweight so might not be the best tackler but for me he works his socks off and tries his best to get his foot in too. 

You can see why he keeps Palmer out. So much more reliable and so better off the the ball. 

Couple of very sloppy give aways in a few minutes that can be infuriating, but other than that he was mainly very good again tonight. 

Because he hasn’t always.  He’s one of those players who at times, huffs and puffs, but doesn’t get close to his man to effect him.

Tonight was a totally committed, whole-hearted performance...and looks like he is really up for it.

Funny old game, might just be the most important ‘signing’ of the window.  Perhaps repeat it with Matty, Liam and Joe. ?

I thought he started the game incredibly well. He had a decent first half overall, but I actually thought he went quiet for a long period in the 2nd half and would have been tempted to take him off around the time of the goal. He then made some nice interceptions but also some very tired errors. 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Because he hasn’t always.  He’s one of those players who at times, huffs and puffs, but doesn’t get close to his man to effect him.

Tonight was a totally committed, whole-hearted performance...and looks like he is really up for it.

Funny old game, might just be the most important ‘signing’ of the window.  Perhaps repeat it with Matty, Liam and Joe. ?

It's funny because I remember a game last season where he put in a few great challenges. One was such a hard, crunching challenge the guy next to me thought he was seeing things!

Not saying he is generally a great tackler, but I've never really thought he jumps out of challenges like I've seen a few say.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It's funny because I remember a game last season where he put in a few great challenges. One was such a hard, crunching challenge the guy next to me thought he was seeing things!

Not saying he is generally a great tackler, but I've never really thought he jumps out of challenges like I've seen a few say.

No, he doesn’t shirk when he has to make a challenge, but I’ve seen him ease up on a press as to avoid needing to make one. ?

1 hour ago, DownendRed97 said:

Is it good management to send him out on loan (to a potential promotion pushing rival) in the hope it motivates him? Or do Derby have really good coaching staff which has improved his game? Or both?  Many on here question whether or not the coaching staff at AG are up to the task of improving players.  

2 minutes ago, fishy said:

Is it good management to send him out on loan (to a potential promotion pushing rival) in the hope it motivates him? Or do Derby have really good coaching staff which has improved his game? Or both?  Many on here question whether or not the coaching staff at AG are up to the task of improving players.  

I feel like @Davefevs hit the nail on the head saying it gave him a kick up the arse! Has the ability to be class at this level just needs consistency...hope he can keep it up!

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Amazing how many people now rate him :laughcont:

He's playing well no doubt about that, but he was being slagged off left, right, and centre on here not so long ago.

Are fans not allowed to criticise a player who is playing poorly and then sing his praises when he is? Happens to every player at every club.

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It's the same kick up the arse that Brownhill and Weimann need imo.

Both automatically picked and it shows.

Both can do better imo. They both have the ability, but they are comfortable.

A Brownhill playing like a 10 and a Weimann in the box rather then by the corner flag would be far more beneficial imo.

Archived