IGNORED

4 wins from 5

sticks 1969

10 hours ago, INCRED said:

Who knows with streaky Lee at the helm. If we boost our attack this week and not lose JB then maybe. No reason why we can’t win the next 3 games but as we know too well, we are also capable of losing the next 3 

Roller coaster to season end, I just hope the quality of the football we play improves with a gain in confidence because I was becoming bored with what was being served up

There are quite a few teams in the league this year who are just as streaky as we are. The form tables that people have posted show that.

Anybody can beat anybody

6 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

There are quite a few teams in the league this year who are just as streaky as we are. The form tables that people have posted show that.

Anybody can beat anybody

thats been the same for every year we've been in the championship to be fair

11 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

If we're going to throw our collective toys out the pram when we're on a bad run of form, it's only fair that we praise when we're playing well. 

So I'll just leave this here...

Screenshot_20200128-222501.png

Yeah, but if you exclude the league games we won, and include the cup games, our form has been dire........ ;)

11 hours ago, Lez said:

Streaky's back.

Sort the home form out and we have a great chance of play offs

Interestingly West Brom have won the same number of home games as us (6) having gained only an extra 2 home draws to have 2 more home points than us.  Not saying we can’t improve as we can, but in context every team is a bit flakey

22 minutes ago, Super said:

Big few days now. LJ needs to be backed.

he has been backed, we are working with the constraints of FFP, because we spent 25 million in the summer it means we only have about 3 million to spend now, unless we sell brownhill

12 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

If we're going to throw our collective toys out the pram when we're on a bad run of form, it's only fair that we praise when we're playing well

So I'll just leave this here...

Screenshot_20200128-222501.png

I wouldn’t say we’re playing well. Grinding out results is how I would describe it...

11 hours ago, spudski said:

In the big picture of things....how does following your club cost a lot?

Take in Sky subscriptions, drinking, smoking, going to cinema etc etc etc?

It really doesn't.

You seriously can't complain about the cost compared to what is conceived entertainment.

If it was a commodity then yes...if it's poor quality consistently. If Tesco's sell you manky apples weekly you'd shop elsewhere. But we aren't Tesco's...we have other football Clubs bruising our apples every game. We still support.

We are Aldi on the up... not Waitrose ?

It's all relative. My Nowtv monthly fee costs me the same as a City home game on average. I'd rather watch a month's quality sport than 90 minutes of pony football but that's just me

3 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

It's all relative. My Nowtv monthly fee costs me the same as a City home game on average. I'd rather watch a month's quality sport than 90 minutes of pony football but that's just me

In that case stay at home and watch Manu and Liverpool on TV, I would rather go and support my team come what may. Yes the football could be better this season, but I am a city supporter not an armchair critic.

Look at bowling and cinema...it's comparative imo.

A season ticket is good value imo. By British standards.

Smoke a pack a day... or a bottle of wine a day as many do...I think it's comparative.

I still think the system would be better under the German way.

I feel for anyone who can't afford going to follow their team.

It's because of the emotion people put into football. You can go to the cinema or bowling (who goes bowling!?) and know exactly what you're going to get for your money.

With football, lots of people also have the emotional investment. In addition to the experience, they want to be entertained, they want their team to win - that means if their team plays badly they feel shortchanged. 

Look at bowling and cinema...it's comparative imo.

A season ticket is good value imo. By British standards.

Smoke a pack a day... or a bottle of wine a day as many do...I think it's comparative.

I still think the system would be better under the German way.

I feel for anyone who can't afford going to follow their team.

A bit of an odd statement imo.

What has spending hundreds on a season ticket and then on top the costs of travel, food, drink etc got to do with the cost of going bowling or smoking a pack of cigarettes?

Football is classed as a rip off to many fans for what is generally on offer for a couple of hours, and other fans cannot go due to the costs - I doubt the ones who don't go all spend money bowling, smoking and drinking (granted some will though). 

Then take in the costs if you are going away, some places £40 to get in, £5+ for an alcoholic drink or get ripped off with the soft drinks or terrible tea/coffee, food disproportionately high, trains usually awful service and a complete rip off etc etc.

May as well say smoking isn't a rip off if you compare it to buying a car or having a mortgage.

Ps - the big issue for football is the ridiculous wages that no footballer should be earning (in the top leagues), and that in turn makes it a rip off and struggle for the average fan as they are the ones in general paying the ridiculous wages.

12 hours ago, spudski said:

In the big picture of things....how does following your club cost a lot?

Take in Sky subscriptions, drinking, smoking, going to cinema etc etc etc?

It really doesn't.

You seriously can't complain about the cost compared to what is conceived entertainment.

If it was a commodity then yes...if it's poor quality consistently. If Tesco's sell you manky apples weekly you'd shop elsewhere. But we aren't Tesco's...we have other football Clubs bruising our apples every game. We still support.

We are Aldi on the up... not Waitrose ?

It costs me over 1000 pounds a year (on ST tickets) .... probably about 500 on the 4-5 away games I do .... Not including any travel beers, food etc, which is another 500 quid probably 

I get the point you are making, and it's my choice as I can afford it, but I still think it is expensive as a form of "entertainment" ... when often it's not very entertaining. 

Anyway hopefully this good run will wrong some confidence back to the team and we start to play will a bit more freedom particularly at home ??

14 hours ago, Lez said:

Streaky's back.

Sort the home form out and we have a great chance of play offs

The thing is, whilst I know the "streaky" reputation is justified from seasons where we lost ten in a row or won eight in a row or whatever it was, I am really sceptical as to whether we have been any more "streaky" this season than most other teams.

Certainly - just off the top of my head - West Brom, Brentford, QPR and Millwall have all had impressive winning runs and a few games of winless runs and I just think the nature of the Championship is that a lot of teams win a few and get into the play-offs, then lose a few and then drop out again and so forth. I think the learning is less that "streaky's back" and more that "we are in a competitive division where, like everybody else, sometimes we have the momentum and sometimes we don't".

3 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

In that case stay at home and watch Manu and Liverpool on TV, I would rather go and support my team come what may. Yes the football could be better this season, but I am a city supporter not an armchair critic.

Good for you. I don't live anywhere near Bristol, am unemployed and watch the games on the club player. I get Nowtv mainly for cricket and golf but thank you for judging ne without knowing me 

4 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

12 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Good for you. I don't live anywhere near Bristol, am unemployed and watch the games on the club player. I get Nowtv mainly for cricket and golf but thank you for judging ne without knowing me 

So when you said

What you really meant, is I don't go go because I live too far away and can't afford it, but instead you made reference to the price of a game for poor football

I don't know you but when you come on a forum and make such comments then how else do you expect people to judge you

4 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Can’t argue with that. We might not particularly like the football on offer but most keep on going and it’s the hope that kills you!!!

What Armchair Critic will never be able to replicate are those games when it does all come together or when we grasp a win from the jaws of defeat. No amount of fawning over Liverpool on the box replicates those feelings imo...

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

The thing is, whilst I know the "streaky" reputation is justified from seasons where we lost ten in a row or won eight in a row or whatever it was, I am really sceptical as to whether we have been any more "streaky" this season than most other teams.

Certainly - just off the top of my head - West Brom, Brentford, QPR and Millwall have all had impressive winning runs and a few games of winless runs and I just think the nature of the Championship is that a lot of teams win a few and get into the play-offs, then lose a few and then drop out again and so forth. I think the learning is less that "streaky's back" and more that "we are in a competitive division where, like everybody else, sometimes we have the momentum and sometimes we don't".

I agree this post from @bcfc01 sums it up very well.

"Just an observation (and I've highlighted this in other threads with no virtually no response).

Obviously, we're in a bit of a rut at the moment but last season 18/19 we had one poor run of 4 defeats and not really another, just inconsistency. No streaky run of poor results. But straight after those four defeats we went on a run of 13 unbeaten with 7 straight wins. I would say thats getting back on track tbf.

Season before 17/18 we didn't really have a poor streaky run (we lost 3 on the trot at one stage) but we had two very good runs;

10 game unbeaten (5 wins and 5 draws)

11 games (8 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat)

Two streaky runs - but very good ones.

You have to go back to 16/17 for the long streaky bad run of results;

12 games with one win with 8 defeats on the spin. Dreadful, and looking back it seems remarkable that LJ kept his job.

That was immediately followed by the remaining 19 games - 7 wins, 6 draws, and 6 defeats to see off relegation (which probably saved his job). It is this season that people seem to focus on.

15/16 there were no streaky runs, we lost 3 on the spin once and won 3 on the spin once. The rest was inconsistent, not good at all, but just enough to stay away from what seemed like certain relegation earlier in the season. 

As I say, just an observation really and not a dig at yourself :)"

2 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Your best bet providing you have the internet is Hesgoal I watch all the golf and cricket anywhere in the world at anytime on there and it costs nothing, a lot of other sports are on there as well as football but it does occasionally drive you mad by buffering, very rarely on the cricket or golf though give it a try it may save you a few bob.

19 hours ago, phantom said:

This forum does amuse me, it's people like above that cause others to go bananas when we lose 

It's like a willy waving competition on here

How about enjoying the result and stop trying to point score against anyone that dare to have a different opinion 

Those of us that are supportive still post when we lose. The loudest idiots when we’re losing are nowhere to be seen when we win, that’s why.

Archived