Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

JonDolman

Korey Smith

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Korey Smith.........

Breaks up opposition play with interceptions and tough tackling. Is a ball winner thru and thru.  Can and does pick a pass......

I will have to watch more closely for this passing you speak of....since the 2016 season he’s had about 2 assists 

2 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I will have to watch more closely for this passing you speak of....since the 2016 season he’s had about 2 assists 

I’m not talking about assists - he tends to play too deep to be directly in creating a goal but what he does well is interceptions and winning the ball back. From there he usually lays off a simple pass wide  to Dasilva or Hunt or  if they’re well placed, Brownhill or another midfielder.

He’s a ball winner and why he’s an vital part of the midfield. 

• Like 3

In terms of extending his contract, versatile cover for RB too should we need him there.

LJ > smaller squad (numbers not height 😂) > need a couple of versatile players = Smith and Rowe.

• Like 2

What I’m getting confused with is that people are calling for the 35 year-old Williams to have his contract extended despite us having no idea what division we’ll be in & even calling for him to be offered player coaching positions. Despite no one having any idea if he can coach or if he’s interested in going into coaching.

And yet Korey who is 7 years younger? And has just got himself back towards fully fit is already being cleared out of the squad! 

Sorry but for me Korey still has plenty to offer us & will only be more influential this season, especially if JB leaves in the next two days! If someone comes in with an offer Korey now, which is their right, then the decision for next season would be taken out of hands anyway & I still believe he can do a very good job in the Championship (if we’re still here) or for someone else.

Edited by Tipps69
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Anyone know how Korey played? Is he getting back to anywhere near his best? I’ve always been a massive fan & cannot believe some fans take on him, although I accept we all have opinions. Another point, is it coincidence that this run has started around when he came back? I’m fairly sure this sort of coincidence has happened before with Korey coming back from injury. Top man, top player. COYR 

• Like 1

On 28/01/2020 at 23:05, RedDave said:

Probably our most underrated player. Best midfielder since Gary Shelton.  Quite a few fans wanted him sold but hopefully they now realise how good he is. So much time on the ball. Class. 

Nail full on the head! Not quite in the GG class, but not far away.