Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

HayBCFC

Our Vocal Support

51 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Piss. Less of it. Lot less lads than normal x alcohol. Short journey like this normally means hours of drinking. Not many on the train early and not many in vans either.

Due to the short notice at the game you're probably right, that said our train back there were quite a few City fans onboard and the pubs we were in in the centre all had City in.

8 hours ago, deadratinmycider said:

I watched on Robins TV and all I could hear were the Reading fans in their singing section. I think some people watching or listening on the radio have mistaken

them for City songs. Was very surprised as Reading fans are normally so quiet, just shows what can happen when the singing section are next to the away fans....

This

Let's be honest 90% of our songs are absolute dirge. All the songs for individual players are genuinely embarrassing tbh and I include Massengo's and Palmer's in that. 

Says everything when the best songs which are sang with the most gusto are 30+ years old.

We used to have decent banter not that long ago but all imagination has been lost it seems. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I think what has to be considered is the team performance? And by that I mean the energy that the team play with.

For months now there has been very little to get ‘bums off seats’ if you get what I mean? Our free flowing attacking football seems to of deserted us & things like having a free kick with less than a minute of the half left & about 30 yards out is the prime opportunity to get our first shot on target of the game (if my memory is correct) but instead it is played wide to our right-back & it was like the ref had even decided that if we aren’t going to bother then why should bother to stand out there anymore & off went the whistle for halftime.

It felt like we were going for the game plan of not conceding & still being 0-0 at 79 minutes & then we might have a chance again until we scored early.

The team have to be held responsible as well by giving the fans a reason to get excited, despite fans being allowed to stand throughout the game, many around me were sitting down intermittently because they were bored with the football & no amount of singing is going to kick the players into action.

We are fans (fanatics) not customers. Support (again there's a big effing clue) shouldn't be negotiable or only given with caveats... 

5 minutes ago, J-mat said:

We are fans (fanatics) not customers. Support (again there's a big effing clue) shouldn't be negotiable or only given with caveats... 

But they have a duty to at least encourage the supporters to get excited, no?

Even a shot on goal every 45 minutes or so would be a help, would it not?

After all, we keep being told that football is supposed to be an entertainment business!

Edited by Tipps69

19 hours ago, HayBCFC said:

I’ll stick my neck out on the line and say it, and I’m aware it won’t be the easiest post to read on a train back several pints down but here goes.

I’ve never been a fan of Lee Johnson, anybody that knows me will tell you that, but one thing that I have always done is get behind the team during the 90 minutes. I will vent my anger after.

Tonight, despite an all standing away end which looked great was completely mute until we scored.

Johnson in or out, whether you like it or not (I don’t) the players are clearly in it for him, if you don’t believe that you only have to look at those 3/4 goal line clearances in that one attack at the end.

I’m not really sure how to articulate it in the best way but **** me we have become so small time in our support, tonight until we scored the loudest chants were along the lines of “is this a library” (whilst contributing nowt to the atmosphere) “your support is effin shit” (ours was well and truly shite).

I’ve read on here before about people that say they don’t turn up to vocally back the team etc, that’s up to you, but you only have to watch Johnson’s interviews or players interviews to realise how much the support helps the players so if you’re going to turn up why not do you part and do all you can to help the team you love?

I’m aware this post will get many “aubergine” reactions, we won, I know it will, but these thoughts were going through my head at half time so I thought I shall post it regardless.

It’s not all doom and gloom, we won, and it was a cracking night. Safe journey back everyone that travelled, but food for thought perhaps.

Just watching the highlight, thought we sounded pretty good.

also how good is that defending at the end!

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

But they have a duty to at least encourage the supporters to get excited, no?

Even a shot on goal every 45 minutes or so would be a help, would it not?

It's just a shite excuse in my opinion,

This notion that sport is about entertainment is alien to me. It's about belonging to something. We don't refer to our team as "us" rather than "them" for no reason. I love my tribe and I know that my actions can have a positive impact for the team. 

What else matters? 

That's not to say you have to sing or make noise, either. It's about atmosphere. Which is just as much affected by groans of nervousness after every little mistake, screams of "get it forward" or "make a sub you midget *****" every two minutes as it is by a poorly paced rendition of drink up thy cider. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Let's be honest 90% of our songs are absolute dirge. All the songs for individual players are genuinely embarrassing tbh and I include Massengo's and Palmer's in that. 

Says everything when the best songs which are sang with the most gusto are 30+ years old.

We used to have decent banter not that long ago but all imagination has been lost it seems. 

Two days to come up with a good chant for Wells that my group will get going on Saturday as otherwise no doubt our fans will be trying to sing his name along to the effin seven nation army tune.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-mat said:

It's just a shite excuse in my opinion,

This notion that sport is about entertainment is alien to me. It's about belonging to something. We don't refer to our team as "us" rather than "them" for no reason. I love my tribe and I know that my actions can have a positive impact for the team. 

What else matters? 

That's not to say you have to sing or make noise, either. It's about atmosphere. Which is just as much affected by groans of nervousness after every little mistake, screams of "get it forward" or "make a sub you midget *****" every two minutes as it is by a poorly paced rendition of drink up thy cider. 

I get that, I’ve been doing this for decades but at the cost it now costs, it does feel like it would be nice to get a little more excitement out of things, recent performances haven’t been the best & I don’t expect to be winning every game but a bit of intent would be appreciated every now & then.

The most excited most got was during Readings concerted effort to get an equaliser where they hit the post & Williams headed off the line (apart from our goal).

I think it’s just the way it is now, maybe it has something to do with overzealous stewarding & groups of like minded fans not being in a similar sort of area. I still find it really weird that a Reading fan was removed for what boiled down to lifting his shirt to reveal his gut to us & it’s not like Reading are in a position to remove people from their stadium, they’re hardly filling the stadium hey😂