IGNORED

Just Because You’re Losing

Port Said Red

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

He more than doubled their commercial revenue from 2007 to 2012.

To be fair this isn’t just about them “losing” fans have been protesting about the direction of the club since the Glazers took over even when they were winning league titles and Ferguson was still involved. It’s about a lot more than just losing AF and not winning the league anymore

Edit: for clarity - these actions are completely out of order, Im not condoning them

Yeah, that's very true - although wasn't he in a different role at that point?

16 hours ago, David Brent said:

But it’s true isn’t it? That’s why Man United are one of the biggest supported clubs in the world, as opposed to say..Bristol Rovers

Yeh, but I’m just open to the possibility that lots of Man Utd and Liverpool fans were born in Manchester and Liverpool - their fans  are always portrayed as being from anywhere but those two cities - it simply isn’t true ...

21 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Did you hear the chants?

No, but the house who has been attacked is the chief exec. Who they blame for the signings of late 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh, but I’m just open to the possibility that lots of Man Utd and Liverpool fans were born in Manchester and Liverpool - their fans  are always portrayed as being from anywhere but those two cities - it simply isn’t true ...

99% are plastic fans who aren’t from Manchester/Liverpool 

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

It’s obviously not 99%

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s obviously not true 

If you took the number of global Manchester United and Liverpool fans, both of which will be in the multiple hundreds of millions (a survey in 2012 had Manchester United at 659 million) then 99% of them being plastics with no affiliation is likely to be an understatement. 

In 2019 Greater Manchester had a population of 2.8 million.

If (and we know this isn't the case) every single one of those people living in Greater Manchester supported Manchester United they would equal less than half a percent of their total fanbase.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If you took the number of global Manchester United and Liverpool fans, both of which will be in the multiple hundreds of millions (a survey in 2012 had Manchester United at 659 million) then 99% of them being plastics with no affiliation is likely to be an understatement. 

In 2019 Greater Manchester had a population of 2.8 million.

If (and we know this isn't the case) every single one of those people living in Greater Manchester supported Manchester United they would equal less than half a percent of their total fanbase.

I’m talking about fans of both clubs who go to their matches - a large percentage of Man U and Liverpool fans who attend games are from Manchester and Liverpool - especially their away games ...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m talking about fans of both clubs who go to their matches - a large percentage of Man U and Liverpool fans who attend games are from Manchester and Liverpool - especially their away games ...

They are a tiny percentage. 

Tenths of a percent of their total fans.

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

They are a tiny percentage. 

Tenths of a percent of their total fans.

You really believe that? “Tenths of a percent” ?! So you think 0.1% of Man Utd’s and Liverpool’s fans who attend games are from Manchester and Liverpool?! So you think at a Man Utd home game, only 72 fans are from Manchester?! You really think that?! 

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You really believe that? “Tenths of a percent” ?! So you think 0.1% of Man Utd’s and Liverpool’s fans who attend games are from Manchester and Liverpool?! So you think at a Man Utd home game, only 72 fans are from Manchester?! You really think that?! 

No. I was saying a tenth of a percentage of their fans are the ones who are at games.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ok, and I’m still saying that many fans who attend home and away games involving Man Utd and Liverpool come from Manchester and Liverpool ...and they support their local clubs ...

No one has said otherwise to that.

Someone else made a point that 99% of Man Utd fans are plastic and you said that wasnt the case.

I illustrated how 99% would be a rounded down, but otherwise accurate amount.

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No one has said otherwise to that.

Someone else made a point that 99% of Man Utd fans are plastic and you said that wasnt the case.

I illustrated how 99% would be a rounded down, but otherwise accurate amount.

Yep, I don’t believe that 99% of fans who attend Liverpool and Man Utd games are ‘plastic’ 

On 29/01/2020 at 18:17, Riaz said:

No, but the house who has been attacked is the chief exec. Who they blame for the signings of late 

99% are plastic fans who aren’t from Manchester/Liverpool 

Interesting to know what percentage are plastic fans.

500-600 thousand in each city.

I guess you can add surrounding areas too which makes that more.

But then there's other clubs in those areas and also not everyone likes football.

Liverpool have over 100 million supporters. So yes, a tiny percentage are from Liverpool or surrounding areas.

Archived