Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Ticket booking fees.

Question

Hi Jerry,

I just wondered if you could shine any light on this, is there likely to be an end to this practice of charging extra for every ticket purchased?

I can maybe understand the £1 fee per transaction but for every single ticket seems crazy to me, there are the quoted prices for buying tickets & then there’s the added extras, clubs know they are going to do it so if they have to fleece fans at every opportunity why not put it on to the advertised price of tickets from the start?

This may only seem like a trivial thing but I usually go to home & away games with the same group of 5 people (3 adults & 2 kids) & we’re all season ticket holders, it’s my job to book tickets as I’m unable to work & I tell my mates the ticket prices & then when tickets are purchased I either end up taking the hit on each ticket because I’ve already told them the price because it’s ‘only £1’ or I end up feeling out of order for having hit them for an extra pound!

What is this £1 booking fee for? We never used to have to pay any booking fee back in the day & now it’s seemingly acceptable to charge extra fees on everything & this being despite everything supposedly being easier now with everyone able to do everything online rather than someone having to physically answer every phone call for a ticket purchase!

It just feels like another very shoddy way that ‘customers’ are treated.

Should I expect my season ticket to go up £23 next season as I’m buying 23 games, regardless of any other possible price increase? (and no, please don’t suggest this to the powers that be).

• Like 8

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet