IGNORED

Leeds tickets

citymum

Should be a good game. After last night I literally don't know what to predict any more.

Hope you bring a decent number though the price is obviously ridiculous.

We only have 30 tickets left so if you bring less than 750 they might give us the seats below you in the West.

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Yes double checked that , It will allow me to buy qpr away but no red bar showing option for leeds ..

Could try emailing Jerry. slo@bcfc.co.uk & seeing if he can get it looked into. I’ve already got mine but I still have the red bar & can check tickets.

10 hours ago, Super said:

40 QUID? no thanks

£39 on the ticket actually, but the point is taken.

However it's not far off a walk up ticket at your place, and if you;re travelling 450 miles round trip then a fiver surely is neither here or there. 

The 'it's the principle' argument doesn't cut any ice, by the way. If you're in for £32 you're in for £39.

There's no consistency in the Championship. We've paid £20 at Reading, £35 at Fulham,  £36 at Barnsley, and £39 at Sheffield Wednesday. 

The first game cost me £250 all in. Well worth it as one of the best away days there is. But we got charged £32 all the same.

Blackburn will be £40. Home fans have to pay it too. Crazy. It was £25 for you I think.

33 minutes ago, SR1 said:

However it's not far off a walk up ticket at your place, and if you;re travelling 450 miles round trip then a fiver surely is neither here or there. 

The 'it's the principle' argument doesn't cut any ice, by the way. If you're in for £32 you're in for £39.

There's no consistency in the Championship. We've paid £20 at Reading, £35 at Fulham,  £36 at Barnsley, and £39 at Sheffield Wednesday. 

The first game cost me £250 all in. Well worth it as one of the best away days there is. But we got charged £32 all the same.

Blackburn will be £40. Home fans have to pay it too. Crazy. It was £25 for you I think.

We don’t do walk up tickets at Ashton Gate  for away fans.

In reality £10 more than an average ticket in the context of the day isn’t going to put me off the day when I’ll be spending £60 on the train, well over £100 on drinks, food and other things but I really do understand that people won’t pay it out principle.

£39 to watch a game of Championship football is a piss take.

32 minutes ago, SR1 said:

Agree with your point entirely and it’s difficult for us to give criticism to Leeds when we’re just as guilty of charging excessive prices to visiting supporters. As you say the cost of following your team away is an expensive ‘hobby’

It does need to be looked at and 20 is plenty should be brought into the championship. However, with the increase in players wages , transfer fees etc this has to be recouped somehow and it’s the paying punter who is the one.

12 minutes ago, HayBCFC said:

We don’t do walk up tickets at Ashton Gate  for away fans.

In reality £10 more than an average ticket in the context of the day isn’t going to put me off the day when I’ll be spending £60 on the train, well over £100 on drinks, food and other things but I really do understand that people won’t pay it out principle.

£39 to watch a game of Championship football is a piss take.

Agree entirely. 

I was talking about walk up home tickets. If it's a piss take 215 miles away then it's a piss take on your own doorstep.

But people always ignore the words and ignore the sentiment. It's stupidly expensive, but as you say if you can afford a trip to Leeds, or from Leeds to Bristol, a fiver to a tenner isn't going to make the difference. I paid £32 at Ashton Gate. And we don't even get a dedicated away bar and refurbished refreshment facilities. Mind you we don't get the wooden seats and restricted views either so it's a moot point.

22 minutes ago, daored said:

Agree with your point entirely and it’s difficult for us to give criticism to Leeds when we’re just as guilty of charging excessive prices to visiting supporters. As you say the cost of following your team away is an expensive ‘hobby’

It does need to be looked at and 20 is plenty should be brought into the championship. However, with the increase in players wages , transfer fees etc this has to be recouped somehow and it’s the paying punter who is the one.

I would wholeheartedly agree with that in principle, though it's a actually a minority of fans that go to away games so it doesn't benefit the majority of match going fans who pay full whack (though I accept STs give you a discount).

But for Championship clubs ticket revenue is often a major source of income. When clubs in the PL get way over £100m just for turning up they can afford to sacrifice £30,000 a game on away fans' revenue (less than that after VAT). Blackburn know they'll get 7,000+ of us at Ewood even at £40. They might lose 500 casual home fans, but overall why would they give up £100,000+ revenue from the away end when they know we will turn up regardless?

Stark contrasts:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1123139/Championship-prize-money-Aston-Villa-Leeds-promotion-prize-money-play-offs

The EFL vastly undervalue our league.

33 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Anyone know Why are we still charging £1 fee on each ticket purchase even though they are being collected ? 

I'd hazard it's a 'service charge' to cover overheads now they can't legally charge extra for credit card purchases.

Clubs get 5% commission for selling tickets for the host club, by the way.

Noticed how much you get charged to print your own tickets for a concert? Scandalous. But Ticketmaster's staff need paying etc etc.

2 hours ago, SR1 said:

Agree entirely. 

I was talking about walk up home tickets. If it's a piss take 215 miles away then it's a piss take on your own doorstep.

But people always ignore the words and ignore the sentiment. It's stupidly expensive, but as you say if you can afford a trip to Leeds, or from Leeds to Bristol, a fiver to a tenner isn't going to make the difference. I paid £32 at Ashton Gate. And we don't even get a dedicated away bar and refurbished refreshment facilities. Mind you we don't get the wooden seats and restricted views either so it's a moot point.

You can always join the home supporters in the "fans village" or go into the sports bar - a lot of away supporters do that, no problems as long as you behave yourselves. And there is a dedicated away beer outlet outside the away stand.

The away facilities at Elland Road are from the 70's with lousy grub (my "pie" went in the bin as it was inedible and could have set the place on fire it was so bloody hot) and shit beer. I'll be having that pleasure again in a couple of weeks.

5 hours ago, SR1 said:

£39 on the ticket & then the £1 booking fee for every ticket you purchase, not per transaction & then an extra £ to get them delivered!

In this day & age where it’s all done online & does not require anyone to answer a phone for every ticket sold!

Archived