IGNORED

Dave at the back?

Red Billy

11 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

I wonder if it is just us who call him Colin?  I've referred to him (Neil) several times to fans of Cardiff and Fulham and probably others as Colin and they don't know who I am talking about 

He's universally called it. I first heard about the nickname from a Stoke fan.  As anagrams go, it's clever.

31 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

I wonder if it is just us who call him Colin?  I've referred to him (Neil) several times to fans of Cardiff and Fulham and probably others as Colin and they don't know who I am talking about 

18 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

He's universally called it. I first heard about the nickname from a Stoke fan.  As anagrams go, it's clever.

I don't think it's just us as there is a clip of NW refusing to speak to Gary Lineker on MotD:

'You can tell Lineker to **** Off. He called me Colin'.

7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I don't think it's just us as there is a clip of NW refusing to speak to Gary Lineker on MotD:

'You can tell Lineker to **** Off. He called me Colin'.

The fact it annoys him, and annoys Warnock worshippers on here, is a good enough reason to keep using it.

[Talking of anagrams, I always like the Diego Maradona one: "Oh dear, I'm a gonad"]

10 minutes ago, wuntmeididntdoit said:

I don't think it's racist. Dave is held in high regard by most fans. It's a term of endearment as far as I'm concerned and actually something of a bond between the player and fans.

It's also slot easier to pronounce.

The future is great, the future is DAVE

Fam-a-ra

Not hard really is it?

If you prefer it in Bristolian: Fam-a-rawl

6 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

I thought something similar so watching him closely here's my pennyworth:

You get greater height, power and authority when moving to meet the ball. So in defense he's forced to move in having to track and pick up his man, which he seems to be able to discharge with aplomb.

Upfront you invariably find him static in the shadow of his marker, always holding shirts, often in a hug and he rarely attempts to move, get in front or drag his opponent around.  Rather, he relies upon blatantly pushing his opponent away last minute, which is why he's penalised so often, gets zilch height and wins little. He's rarely picked up by more than one man given the one tasked normally has him in his pocket.  

And that's what I can't understand why the coaches aren't impressing upon him. If it works one end of the park why doesn't he do likewise the other? He moves, just not in or around the opponent's box for if he did so he has the potential to be one hell of a player.

But Lee told us they specifically worked on Fam getting across his man in the build-up to Brum (a) game last season and Reading (h) game this season.  Lo and behold, he only went and scored in both of those games by getting across his man and heading home.

Great coaching! ?

Or a bit of BS? ?

Lee’s obviously forgot to do it in between!!

21 hours ago, Henry said:

The reason he clears so many balls is because his job is to the mark the space infront of the keeper. He doesn’t actually have to mark a man. If his job was to man mark, it wouldn’t work, he’s not a great winner of duels.

ball comes into ‘zone’ he heads it clear, looks impressive.

Statistically Famara is an above average winner of Duals.

However...what these Stats don't show is where the ball ends up next.

That's the problem with certain stats. They often don't show what happens next.

I could be 6'8" with a head like a 50p piece and win every aerial dual, and be statistically worth £15 million... Brentford would be all over my ass :laugh:...but every header could end up being won and then into the crowd ???

Archived