IGNORED

Taylor Moore to Blackpool on Loan CONFIRMED

t_b

8 minutes ago, MartockRed said:

He doesn’t claim to be ITK either, just strongly rumoured. I told him it wouldn’t happen unless we get someone else in. 

It kinda makes sense as Aberdeen are now desperate for cover, and the big factor is Vyner is injured and no one is sure for how long. 

Regarding the home grown player in the match day squad, can you sit him (ZV) on the bench knowing he isn’t fit to play? 

In which case, why not just name 6 subs.

Assuming Zak coming back means it is happening. Initially I thought loaning Taylor out was a daft idea but am starting to see the sense of it IF we get someone like Benkovic in. We'd have a first choice defender who could maybe help get promotion over the line and Taylor would get regular game time for the rest of the season.

A straight Taylor-Vyner swap would be underwhelming. 

12 minutes ago, MartockRed said:

He doesn’t claim to be ITK either, just strongly rumoured. I told him it wouldn’t happen unless we get someone else in. 

It kinda makes sense as Aberdeen are now desperate for cover, and the big factor is Vyner is injured and no one is sure for how long. 

Regarding the home grown player in the match day squad, can you sit him (ZV) on the bench knowing he isn’t fit to play? 

Isn't Vyner expected to be fit mid-February or did I misunderstand that?

2 hours ago, phantom said:

One key thing though he is not getting minutes to assist in his development - why not give him game time to improve his game more and he comes back an even better player in the summer?

True, but can we afford to be letting him go? Kalas is in and out of fitness, William's is 35 and Baker lives his life with an injury/suspension imminent at any time. 

11 hours ago, Kempson said:

Then again my opinions have about a 50% success rate. I could be wildly wrong.

Don’t underestimate yourself. If you can manage 50% accuracy then you are, by far, the most successful poster on the forum. Keep it up! 

13 minutes ago, Kempson said:

True, but can we afford to be letting him go? Kalas is in and out of fitness, William's is 35 and Baker lives his life with an injury/suspension imminent at any time. 

Yes if we get someone else in today

He's been here in the squad for 9 months. The coaches have assessed him, played him in a number of first team matches, and have decided that he actually needs a little bit more time playing somewhere where he plays 90 minutes every week. Good luck and let's have him back in the summer an even better player than he already is.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

He's been here in the squad for 9 months. The coaches have assessed him, played him in a number of first team matches, and have decided that he actually needs a little bit more time playing somewhere wear he plays 90 minutes every week. Good luck and let's have him back in the summer an even better player than he already is.

Agree. I was a bit shocked at first but now makes complete sense. He needs games.

9 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

He got his chance when webster left and forced lj to play him. He took his chance and some been excellant so far , By allowing him out on loan is a disgrace and proves that lj has no trust in our young uns at all.

We still have 3 players better than him in his position and he needs to be playing games and not sat on the bench

18 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Baker amd kalas alternate fitness levels granted ash williams is first choice... moore can cover rb as well so defo shouldnt be going anywhere hes done his loans and took his chance ....

With Semenyo going out on loan we need a homegrown player on the bench which could be Vyner who can cover both cb and rb. Moore going on loan to play week in and week out is a good thing. 

9 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

With Semenyo going out on loan we need a homegrown player on the bench which could be Vyner who can cover both cb and rb. Moore going on loan to play week in and week out is a good thing. 

Jojo wallicot

• The title was changed to Taylor Moore to Blackpool on Loan CONFIRMED
30 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

But doesn’t having a homegrown player only mean we can name 7 subs and not 6. If that 7th sub is the homegrown player who is so far down the pecking order that he isn’t going to play, then what’s the point? For that reason I’m not keen to have Jojo taking a place on the bench, especially he would be taking the sub Keepers slot.

Yeah letting the soon to be 5th choice centre back who's needs games to develop, go out on loan is a real DISGRACE

Wonder which Championship teams came in to loan him? Wonder why he chose league one instead. ... ... ... Guess every championship manager is also as stupid as LJ... Ah no, we must have blocked him from signing for a lower championship team because he's so good we're afraid they'd leap frog us with him in the team ... But with Vyner last year.. it was different because.. because.. um...

Instead of going to a top league 1 team, he's going somewhere where he'll probably have to defend more, so that's probably better for him. You over rate where he is in his development and ignore the errors he makes.

Half of the people complaining want to use this to bash LJ because you can't use the league form/table anymore, and half are creepy Taylor Moore stans.

As someone who likes Taylor and wants him to do well, but prefers city doing well I think this is good for everyone.

If I was tTaylor Moore I'd be sick of 'taking one for the team'

Loaned out - did the hard yards, took a pay cut to stay and fight for his place - and done very bloody well.

Now we sign a loanee from Leicester who is high quality, we keep a 35 yr old (who has been great btw)  and send the most improved player this year down a league to sodding Blackpool.

If I were Taylor, I'd be having a quiet word about a new contract with us, or getting on the phone to his agent, as I have no doubt he would get a nice deal at a decent Championship club with ease.

I honestly think we are taking the piss a bit here, and TM would have every right to be annoyed. I can't see him putting up with another slight from us again - Blackpool? Really?

The guy is a huge talent who would have been much better served at Luton, Reading or even back to Europe.

He must be a very patient man.

11 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Don’t underestimate yourself. If you can manage 50% accuracy then you are, by far, the most successful poster on the forum. Keep it up! 

Nah, I’ve got a 100% record - I’ve said only once on here we were defo gonna sign a player...and he signed...despite the usual initial ridiculing - but little did they know I was having a beer with his Dad when the news came through from his son - so I reckoned that was a pretty solid source! ?✌️??

3 minutes ago, red from the blue side said:

Someone must be coming in. I can understand all the other loans but not this one. I can only assume Vyner will be fit soon. With Baker and Kalas injury prone this seems strange.

Hmmm......running out of time.....maybe the Leicester guy is coming in.......:dunno:

I'm slightly dissapointed by this move. Moore has broken through this season and has been improving with every minute on the pitch. 

I understand the need for game time to progress but I think that keeping him at the Gate, playing him in the team and getting him to learn alongside our more experienced defenders would be more valuable. Next season I want to see him regularly starting for us. 

Archived