IGNORED

Taylor Moore to Blackpool on Loan CONFIRMED

t_b

15 minutes ago, Big C said:

Taylor signed a new 2 year contract earlier this season so he can't be too upset. Also do you think he would develop better by sitting on the bench or playing regular games? 

I missed the extension bit so thanks. That means it ends last game of next season then.

I would say someone signed for a not inconsiderable sum by our standards shouldn't be back playing middling league One football three  years down the line.

Either the club got it wrong in terms of potential, or he has been put places where his development has been stifled.

Financially, the young man is probably doing very nicely, but career wise I personally don't think so.

7 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I missed the extension bit so thanks. That means it ends last game of next season then.

I would say someone signed for a not inconsiderable sum by our standards shouldn't be back playing middling league One football three  years down the line.

Either the club got it wrong in terms of potential, or he has been put places where his development has been stifled.

Financially, the young man is probably doing very nicely, but career wise I personally don't think so.

He's 22 there is no disgrace as his age to below the likes of Williams., Kalas and Baker in the pecking order. Bobby Reid was still going out on loan at his age

10 minutes ago, Big C said:

He's 22 there is no disgrace as his age to below the likes of Williams., Kalas and Baker in the pecking order. Bobby Reid was still going out on loan at his age

Understood, but with respect to Bobby, he wasn't one of the best English players of his age group or signed for an alleged £1.5m. The point i'm making is that Taylor Moore will have had options and was persuaded to sign by his England colleague Tammy Abraham apparently. He must be very very disappointed how his career has progressed whilst at City. He no longer lacks experience of English football, he's a grown man, and yet it appears he isn't good enough to be involved matchday for City.

Some youth stars don't progress (most actually) so I shouldn't perhaps be surprised if he isn't good enough. I just thought that this lad was a cut above our home grown products, Lloyd Kelly aside, so should have had a more structured development plan to build upon his undoubted quality as a young player.

2 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Understood, but with respect to Bobby, he wasn't one of the best English players of his age group or signed for an alleged £1.5m. The point i'm making is that Taylor Moore will have had options and was persuaded to sign by his England colleague Tammy Abraham apparently. He must be very very disappointed how his career has progressed whilst at City. He no longer lacks experience of English football, he's a grown man, and yet it appears he isn't good enough to be involved matchday for City.

Some youth stars don't progress (most actually) so I shouldn't perhaps be surprised if he isn't good enough. I just thought that this lad was a cut above our home grown products, Lloyd Kelly aside, so should have had a more structured development plan to build upon his undoubted quality as a young player.

He's 22 chill out. 

Webster was 24 before he kicked on with us and showed his promise. I personally think people massively overrated him when we got him. Under 19 England international and Lens academy but if he was that good he would of got picked up by bigger clubs than us. 

Let's just see what happens and not write him or his career with us off whilst he's contracted. 

14 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

He's 22 chill out. 

Webster was 24 before he kicked on with us and showed his promise. I personally think people massively overrated him when we got him. Under 19 England international and Lens academy but if he was that good he would of got picked up by bigger clubs than us. 

Let's just see what happens and not write him or his career with us off whilst he's contracted. 

Yep. I reckon Moore will be a lot better in a couple of years.

surely the situation is that he came straight in at the start of the season (because of Webster sell, injuries to others) rather unexpectedly for him and the coaches, but has actually done pretty well. But the fact is he was always down to be 3rd/4th choice centre back whilst he is young and developing and now that we have cover he can go out and work on any weaknesses that the backroom staff clearly have identified before he is main stay in the team. Just a side note I also think if we were mid table going nowhere fast, he would carry on here but as we are pushing at the right end of the table we can afford to be choosy in the pursuit of glory! 

He’s a 22 year old centre back, he’s about 7-8 years away from peaking. I don’t know why people are so desperate to rush the kid, there’s no shame in playing in league 1 at his age. All experience of playing is good for him and beats sitting on the bench. (IMO)

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Better than Webster was at 24, I.e. last season?  Or be better than Webster in two years time (not forgetting Webster still developing too?

I mean Moore a lot better than he is now.

I am not sure he will ever be as good as Webster. Who knows though.

56 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I mean Moore a lot better than he is now.

I am not sure he will ever be as good as Webster. Who knows though.

Ok, so by say, start of 2021/22 season you think Moore will be better than Webster is now (at Brighton in the Prem)?

That’s fine.  Bold statement.  Let’s hope he is.  I’m not as confident as you ?

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ok, so by say, start of 2021/22 season you think Moore will be better than Webster is now (at Brighton in the Prem)?

That’s fine.  Bold statement.  Let’s hope he is.  I’m not as confident as you ?

No. I meant Taylor Moore will be a lot better than Taylor Moore is now.

I doubt he will ever be as good as Webster.

Archived