IGNORED

Taylor Moore to Blackpool on Loan CONFIRMED

t_b

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

‘Wildly speculating’ here but perhaps Ampadu has been made available at very short notice - Chelsea gave us first option.

Ampadu too much of a good opportunity to turn down, only feasible player we can loan out to bring him in is Moore and we’ve found a club that’ll start him every game.

Reading that article it’s sounds as if the German club have to cut his loan short not Chelsea, so this could be a no goer from the start :( 

53 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I like Taylor Moore and think he is champ quality. That said he still needs experience defending. Has mistakes in him imo and will be 4th choice at best. Makes sense to get him minutes if a CDM/CB is coming in. He is still young for a CB maybe we can get him at a championship club. Be good for him I think. Think he proved himself enough for a new deal and to be a serious contender for a first team place next summer 

Would you not be pissed off if you were him? In the games he’s played I think he’s done well. I fear we may lose him this summer 

1 hour ago, tommy_b said:

Gregor says he may go out on loan

Odd with Kalas and Baker both struggling to put consistent runs together in the team

This would give me the Eartha Kitts as he has been a bright spark so far this season

4 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

If Taylor Moore does go it'll mean the last three players to have captained us - Moore, Bailey Wright and Josh Brownhill - will all have left in the space of a week.

Can't imagine that's happened before.

I'm nicking that fact x

2 hours ago, deadredfred said:

I thought he was a defender from memory. Happy to stand corrected but I’m sure I’ve seen him play CB for Chelsea. 

If true, wonder if this flexibility is part of the attraction. A CB/DMF cover in one player with Kalas and Nagy a bit unreliable could be a good call. 

....said the man in the orthopaedic shoes.

(thanks Alan)

8 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I assume TM will have to go out on loan to 'free up wages' to allow us to bring Ampadu in.

Certainly LJ will be required to stay within the wage budget he was given, just as any fees we pay will have to be at least covered by fees we receive.

For example, LJ said last season that he didn't want Djuric to go but Kalas' wages had to be covered.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Bit of a strange one really, Moore has been steady this season and has done his job when called upon. Dropping down a level would seem odd? But we’d be silly to loan him to a fellow championship club. 

Silly to loan him out period for me. Baker frequently gets injured, Kallas is out injured, Williams is 35.

2 hours ago, Sturny said:

I'm confused by this. If he goes to a L1 team he'll prove what he already has here, that he's capable of better than L1.

But if he goes to another champ team we're just strengthening a rival for no reason? He's a capable champ defender

I was going to write much the same. I thought he had done his loan groundwork with Bury and Southend so unless it’s top end League one it does seem a bit of a kick in the teeth for him. He was starting to get a bit of game time here, yes he might get more on loan but not necessarily as the league one clubs doing well are well, doing well. I don’t see any point of loaning him in the Championship to help a rival so maybe bottom end Championship, but a relegation scrap won’t be good for him either.

That said, he was the player recently asking for the Captaincy, so maybe he is tougher than he looks ( and I mean no disrespect to him ). We sent Vyner to Rotherham when they were fighting relegation didn’t we. Think last time I looked they were again pushing for promotion, so if we have good relations with them maybe they would suit? 

2 hours ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Has Johnson got something against Moore? Bollocks him often, drops him often and now (perhaps) shipped out?

He's shown he's very capable at this level.

Tell him he's our future captain, tell him to knuckle down and learn from Williams and trust in him ffs

Sorry, but that’s nonsense.  He’s already given him more game-time than Moore could have expected this season, made him captain for one game and had in the squad for almost every match.   Going on loan isn’t a punishment (well, certainly not always). If Moore goes out on loan it will be because he wants to, and the club think it will help his development.  Johnson sees him as a future captain at City.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry, but that’s nonsense.  He’s already given him more game-time than Moore could have expected this season, made him captain for one game and had in the squad for almost every match.   Going on loan isn’t a punishment (well, certainly not always). If Moore goes out on loan it will be because he wants to, and the club think it will help his development.  Johnson sees him as a future captain at City.

Exactly.......with a new central defender coming in and also Vyner returning (Should be fit end of Feb), we will have 4/5 centre backs.........this will limit TM;s playing time.   So he gets sent out to a club where is certain to play every week. he gets game time, and then returns for next season fit and healthy {hopefully}.  There is no way that LJ will let him go, because as you have said, most pragmatically, he will probably be club captain in the future?

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Exactly.......with a new central defender coming in and also Vyner returning (Should be fit end of Feb), we will have 4/5 centre backs.........this will limit TM;s playing time.   So he gets sent out to a club where is certain to play every week. he gets game time, and then returns for next season fit and healthy {hopefully}.  There is no way that LJ will let him go, because as you have said, most pragmatically, he will probably be club captain in the future?

Yea I am not getting the rush for Taylor Moore to play. He is clearly behind Kalas, Baker and Williams. Kalas has shown he can be a rock for a season been unlucky so far this one. Williams has been an ever present since he signed and Baker has missed a few through injury but not that much. 

Looking at another I think is to put pressure on all 3 of them to up their games. It is telling Kalas he needs to be more careful when he has a small knock. Telling Baker he needs to stay fit for the season or he loses his job. It tells Williams to keep his head. 

TM has played a good amount for a 22-23 year old CB. He still has loads of time to make his mark here. I don’t see how he can be frustrated he has worked his way to a lot of unexpected minutes and I am sure has been told he has a future here. A loan keeps him match fit and a bit more experience for next summer. Remember he has played a lot of RB on loan and in a 3. A loan in a CB pairing would do a lot for him imo. 

43 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I assume TM will have to go out on loan to 'free up wages' to allow us to bring Ampadu in.

Although we can’t waste money I don’t think our FFP position is under threat that we can’t continue to pay his wages. He’s on half the previous wages he was on. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea I am not getting the rush for Taylor Moore to play. He is clearly behind Kalas, Baker and Williams. Kalas has shown he can be a rock for a season been unlucky so far this one. Williams has been an ever present since he signed and Baker has missed a few through injury but not that much.

Some on here are of the opinion he’s our second best behind Kalas. Not me though

Looking at another I think is to put pressure on all 3 of them to up their games. It is telling Kalas he needs to be more careful when he has a small knock. Telling Baker he needs to stay fit for the season or he loses his job. It tells Williams to keep his head. 

TM has played a good amount for a 22-23 year old CB. He still has loads of time to make his mark here. I don’t see how he can be frustrated he has worked his way to a lot of unexpected minutes and I am sure has been told he has a future here. A loan keeps him match fit and a bit more experience for next summer. Remember he has played a lot of RB on loan and in a 3. A loan in a CB pairing would do a lot for him imo. 

Archived