IGNORED

Taylor Moore to Blackpool on Loan CONFIRMED

t_b

53 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Maybe. But if LJ sees Wells as being our new main man, and if Afobe is not that far away, and also we might be close with another target. It might mean Fam is suddenly  not a key part of the side anymore.

I like Fam, just saying it wouldn't completely shock me if that happened. Would not necessarily have to be to China either. I know there were rumours, but I am sure Fam would get quite a bit of interest from around Europe.

The problem is if AW or Fammy or even Wells gets injured or suspended and Afobe has a set back in his recovery then we are then back down to the bare bones if we are sending Senenyo out. Need another one in which is making me think maybe there is something in the Moore to P'boro and Toney to us suggestions.  

12 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The problem is if AW or Fammy or even Wells gets injured or suspended and Afobe has a set back in his recovery then we are then back down to the bare bones if we are sending Senenyo out. Need another one in which is making me think maybe there is something in the Moore to P'boro and Toney to us suggestions.  

Yeah my point on Fam maybe being sold is based on us getting Wells and maybe Toney.

Just completely guessing on that. Don't expect it to happen, but would not be surprised either.

It sounds like we have Wells, so IF we were to sign Toney, and IF Afobe isn't that far away, then Diedhiou might not be in LJ's plans.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Maybe. Another thing I am thinking is it wouldn't shock me if we sold Diedhiou in the next 24 hours. 

Shouldn't be shocked by anything after the Pack sale last minute in the summer.

I think the same. If it happened would not be surprised. I feel like he's a player that could get "traded" now or in the summer if someone comes with a decent price.

For me Taylor Moore is 2nd most improved player in squad this season, behind eliasson.

Loaning him out is stupid. Hes proved hes more than capable of being a CB at this level. William's has more than done his job since he came here but isn't getting any younger, Baker has runs of real quality but honestly over all the time hes been here can anyone see him as a first choice CB or one we could sell on for a profit?

If we were to loan out Moore and bring in ampadu then we are just developing another teams player for a few months at the expense of Moore, who is arguably one of our assets with the highest potential right now. 

My opinion is if we were to do this, push on and get promoted sure it's a success. However (more likely scenario) we don't get promoted anyway and we've cut off our nose to spite our own face. 

Then again my opinions have about a 50% success rate. I could be wildly wrong.

Letting Moore go out on loan suggests Johnson simply doesn’t trust him. For what reason I can’t fathom as he’s done very well when he’s played, especially in a three. 

Does this suggest we’re likely to stick with 442 as Plan A for the most part and any reinforcements in defence will be of the more ball winning, dominant types as cover for Baker, Williams & Kalas? Guessing that Vyner will provide cover there too as well as right back and will take up the homegrown player spot? 

I don't understand this, and certainly not to L1 unless it's someone in the top 4. Baker and Williams are warriors and deserve their place right now, but Moore is more comfortable on the ball than either and represents the future. Is he going to learn more out on loan in L1 than he could from being around Ashley Williams in training? 

2 hours ago, Kempson said:

For me Taylor Moore is 2nd most improved player in squad this season, behind eliasson.

Loaning him out is stupid. Hes proved hes more than capable of being a CB at this level. William's has more than done his job since he came here but isn't getting any younger, Baker has runs of real quality but honestly over all the time hes been here can anyone see him as a first choice CB or one we could sell on for a profit?

If we were to loan out Moore and bring in ampadu then we are just developing another teams player for a few months at the expense of Moore, who is arguably one of our assets with the highest potential right now. 

My opinion is if we were to do this, push on and get promoted sure it's a success. However (more likely scenario) we don't get promoted anyway and we've cut off our nose to spite our own face. 

Nice to hear your thoughts Taylor ?

I think you are all wrong about this. Taylor himself has proved to be the type of character that wants to to continually improve. He also wants to play. I think he would rather have 17+ games with a top to middling League 1 side than sit on the bench here, with the chance of the occasionally 20/30 minutes. I think we are looking at Ampadu because he has already played the DM role, something that a lot of us think TM could do, but we haven't really had the chance to test. 
The ideal would be he went to a club that would use him as a DM to continue his development. I am pretty sure that Moore himself does not see this as a slap in the face, just another opportunity. 

• Admin
9 hours ago, Kempson said:

One key thing though he is not getting minutes to assist in his development - why not give him game time to improve his game more and he comes back an even better player in the summer?

Taylor is obviously 4th choice centre back when everyone is fit. At his age he needs to be playing games not sat on the bench. He can go off and play regularly for the rest season and come back in the summer and hopefully be higher in the pecking order especially if/when Williams leaves.

40 minutes ago, phantom said:

One key thing though he is not getting minutes to assist in his development - why not give him game time to improve his game more and he comes back an even better player in the summer?

My only issue is loaning him to L1. A low in the table Champ’ team would be much better, but I guess it depends on somebody wanting him now

21 minutes ago, MartockRed said:

According to my Aberdeen season ticket holder mate, he reckons TM is going there. 

Not ITK, but I doubt it very much.  Can’t believe TM would want to go there either.

Peterborough?  Deal softener with Szmodics for the summer?

I can see what they are doing

Semenyo is our home grown player we have to have in the squad. But he's not ready yet and is being loaned out

So they are bringing back Zak Vyner because he is homegrown and sending Taylor Moore out.

So Taylor Moore hasnt done anything wrong, he just isnt classed as home grown

1 minute ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Can't see us recalling Vyner just to send TM there tbh

Vyner to cover the homegrown option from the bench maybe if Jojo is going out on loan? Niki back on the bench as 2nd choice keeper?

Pure guesswork, and is the only obvious answer to swapping TM for ZV (if that happens of course).

4 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I can see what they are doing

Semenyo is our home grown player we have to have in the squad. But he's not ready yet and is being loaned out

So they are bringing back Zak Vyner because he is homegrown and sending Taylor Moore out.

So Taylor Moore hasnt done anything wrong, he just isnt classed as home grown

Same wave length!!

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not ITK, but I doubt it very much.  Can’t believe TM would want to go there either.

Peterborough?  Deal softener with Szmodics for the summer?

5 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Can't see us recalling Vyner just to send TM there tbh

He doesn’t claim to be ITK either, just strongly rumoured. I told him it wouldn’t happen unless we get someone else in. 

It kinda makes sense as Aberdeen are now desperate for cover, and the big factor is Vyner is injured and no one is sure for how long. 

Regarding the home grown player in the match day squad, can you sit him (ZV) on the bench knowing he isn’t fit to play? 

If TM does go to AFC, he better be there by tomorrow as they play Rangers on Sunday. 

He will also have one game against Celtic, Hearts and Hibs before their relegation play offs etc (last league game is in first week of April).

I know plenty of people think that the SPL isn't brilliant compared to the English leagues. However, having watched Celtic and Rangers matches in the Europa League this season, they have been great to watch. For TM to play against them would really test his skill level etc.. Do I think he's better than Tavernier and Kent? Let's see!

Btw,

Archived