IGNORED

Taylor Moore to Blackpool on Loan CONFIRMED

t_b

I understand why he's gone out: LJ doesn't trust him enough at the moment, and he's at the bottom of the pecking order for gametime (and the top for being subbed off for no 'good' reason). If this means he comes back a better player ready to challenge every week for a start then I'm all for it.

27 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Absolutely shit for the kid. Maybe he isn't Champ standard according to the experts but his latest stint he looked it to me.

He owes the club nothing, so if he does well on loan he should see his contract out and get the **** away from City unfortunately.

Thought it a strange one if I’m honest.  Think he’s proved he can play at this level, which if you asked hi at the start of the season what his objective was...I doubt it was much more than “get an opportunity and prove he’s good enough”.  He’s done that.

Is he better than Kalas, Baker and Williams?  No?  Benković?  I doubt it (but only seen video).  So 5th choice, surely ahead of Vyner (got to be more to it)....which leaves him further down the pecking order.

I bet both Taylor and City would’ve loved a Champ loan for him, but he’s got a great attitude and he’ll give Blackpool the right application and position himself again in the summer.

I do think some posters got a bit carried away by his performances because he’s decent on the ball.  Some of it looked good, but it also saw us lose possession and him being out of position at times too.  As a CB, he’s still learning, and has flaws.  But he is improving.

If he keeps progressing he will be a City CB for years to come, or even the next one to move on more £m’s.  6 months in Blackpool is part of that curve.

On 01/02/2020 at 09:44, Port Said Red said:

He will be fine. He needs to be playing regularly. Although he is being replaced by a 22 year old, it is a player who is further along in his development. When Williams goes Taylor will be in the mix for sure.

Should still be here & ahead of an ageing, slow loanee........

Hoping the bloke doesn't move on (wouldn't blame him) and "make it" elsewhere...

7 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Hoping the bloke doesn't move on (wouldn't blame him) and "make it" elsewhere...

Who is our ageing slow loanee? 

I don’t think he is ready to push a championship club to promotion in a 2 which is what we seem to be playing. Then you have to ask is he better than the rest? I think undoubtedly he is not close to the defender Williams, Kalas and Baker are. Benkovic? Idk but I am going to assume being a 13m player from a champions league club, a croatian international and Celtic fans saying he was better than Van Dijk in his time there that he is better. That leaves TM as 5th option. So even if he is championship ready, he isn’t as championship ready as four others. 

Think ideally he would get a championship loan but nothing wrong with a good L1 loan. Hopefully in a pairing and he can get his sense of timing right. It isn’t the end of the world for him. He will turn 23 just after the season. He is just getting to peak strength and conditioning and another 20 games at a high level instead of 4-5 at most appearances for us in the championship. He will be in a good place to come back and compete for a starting spot. 

12 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Are you joking? 

I think people see Moore with rose tinted glasses bit like Massengo. 

Look I think he's done okay when he's played but he's no way played better than Williams or Baker currently. With Kalas and this new colossus he wouldn't be getting a sniff. Playing games is more important for him personally and the club down the line. 

Don't understand all the melodramatics because we are letting a young player get game time elsewhere. 

Taylor is a Championship defender. However he is a mid table to lower end Championship defender at the present time whereas the other 4 are mid table to top end hence he is 5th choice and thus this loan will be more beneficial than sat on the bench or in the stands 

9 minutes ago, Big C said:

Taylor is a Championship defender. However he is a mid table to lower end Championship defender at the present time whereas the other 4 are mid table to top end hence he is 5th choice and thus this loan will be more beneficial than sat on the bench or in the stands 

I think we all agree playing time is always better than bench time but I would have thought at least one of those lower end championship teams would have been crying out for him - not sure Blackpool is really adding any value to his own development to be honest.

38 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Is that the ageing slow loanee that has been an integral part of our 4 game winning streak without conceding a goal?

21 minutes ago, Redstart said:

I think we all agree playing time is always better than bench time but I would have thought at least one of those lower end championship teams would have been crying out for him - not sure Blackpool is really adding any value to his own development to be honest.

He can only go to a team who put an offer in for him 

8 minutes ago, marmite said:

Thing about all our loans out is that they  are deemed not quite ready for Championship standard. If we do get promoted then they surely will be not good enough for the Premiership. What happens to our development plan then?

I don't think their development is standing still whilst on loan. They are getting older stronger and more experienced

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

I don't think their development is standing still whilst on loan. They are getting older stronger and more experienced

I'm not disputing that. What I am saying is that we may be progressing while they are away so will they ever catch up?

3 minutes ago, marmite said:

I'm not disputing that. What I am saying is that we may be progressing while they are away so will they ever catch up?

Josh Brownhill Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan all caught up to play Premier League after being loaned 

3 hours ago, Big C said:

He can only go to a team who put an offer in for him 

Yep fair point but since we are supposed to be developing the guy I'd love to know what we did, if anything, about offering him around to Championship teams rather than waiting for any old team to offer to take him from us.

If Blackpool was the best we could get then totally on board with the playing somewhere rather than not playing anywhere.

11 hours ago, Redstart said:

Yep fair point but since we are supposed to be developing the guy I'd love to know what we did, if anything, about offering him around to Championship teams rather than waiting for any old team to offer to take him from us.

If Blackpool was the best we could get then totally on board with the playing somewhere rather than not playing anywhere.

Perhaps the only Championship  clubs interested were considered to be competition for promotion and City didn’t want to help them ? 

31 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Perhaps the only Championship  clubs interested were considered to be competition for promotion and City didn’t want to help them ? 

Very possibly, if true though and if a top end Championship club felt he was good enough for Championship I'd be gutted at being put to Blackpool for my 'development' and I'd be looking to leave City in the summer if I was him.

3 hours ago, Redstart said:

Very possibly, if true though and if a top end Championship club felt he was good enough for Championship I'd be gutted at being put to Blackpool for my 'development' and I'd be looking to leave City in the summer if I was him.

Yes.

Went to Bury for half a season in a struggling side to help him "man up" . His "progession" then was to help out Johnson senior in a struggling League 2 side, and please don't tell me they were the only one of the 92 clubs who would have taken him.

Did pretty well apparently at Southend in another side where he had to defend a lot, and returned to the club, where after some reservations, I thought he settled in well to the extent that he should be in the matchday squad to the seasons end because he can provide cover in more than one position and looked a championship player.

His progression now is a trip to mid table Blackpool for his third stint of league 1 defending.

This is his 4th and I think final season, and I don't personally believe the club has handled him very well at all.

Quite what they thought they were buying, and what their plans were for what was a very young man are unclear, but I think his spell with us has hindered his career.

I was thinking a little while ago a loan to Ligue 2 or Bundesliga 2 might have been beneficial for his development.

He's already worked in and around the English system...League 1, League 2 and of course the Championship. He has had a European footballing background as well, with Lens- and is quite a ball-playing centre back with potential to grow further in that respect.

Think one of those could've done him some good- especially Bundesliga 2 as I suspect it's the closest European equivalent to this level.

2 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Yes.

Went to Bury for half a season in a struggling side to help him "man up" . His "progession" then was to help out Johnson senior in a struggling League 2 side, and please don't tell me they were the only one of the 92 clubs who would have taken him.

Did pretty well apparently at Southend in another side where he had to defend a lot, and returned to the club, where after some reservations, I thought he settled in well to the extent that he should be in the matchday squad to the seasons end because he can provide cover in more than one position and looked a championship player.

His progression now is a trip to mid table Blackpool for his third stint of league 1 defending.

This is his 4th and I think final season, and I don't personally believe the club has handled him very well at all.

Quite what they thought they were buying, and what their plans were for what was a very young man are unclear, but I think his spell with us has hindered his career.

Taylor signed a new 2 year contract earlier this season so he can't be too upset. Also do you think he would develop better by sitting on the bench or playing regular games? 

Archived