IGNORED

New training ground starts today...

Tinmans Love Child

40 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I certainly don't recognise any of them, but I am sure people like @cidered abroad (just tagging you in case you haven't seen the thread) will be able to assist.

In red shirts, from left to right, Jantzen Derrick, Gordon Hopkinson, Roger Collinson. The fourth could be Archie Taylor but not sure.

The lads in white? Don't recognise anyone at this stage but will think about it. Unfortunately all my books are boxed up ready for a house move.

Season? I'm guessing 1960-61, possibly preseason.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

In red shirts, from left to right, Jantzen Derrick, Gordon Hopkinson, Roger Collinson. The fourth could be Archie Taylor but not sure.

The lads in white? Don't recognise anyone at this stage but will think about it. Unfortunately all my books are boxed up ready for a house move.

Season? I'm guessing 1960-61, possibly preseason.

Far right is Robbie Fowler.

5 hours ago, Prinny said:

We have a new stadium, a new training ground is being built and we're challenging for the playoffs and looking to sign players to help us win now.

Sack everyone involved in this shambles.

We certainly should be doubting the ambition of the club and whether they really want premier league football. :)

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I dont understand why we are not building an indoor 4g pitch like the Bears are, isnt that a requirement for a cat 1 academy?

The development is a training ground for the full time players, consisting of first team, U23s and U18s.

The younger academy groups of school age will not be training at the new development.

Cat 1 involves a lot more than having a dome, it’s a major step up in staffing levels and I doubt we will go for that in the near future.

Archived