IGNORED

Bob Paisley statue...

spudski

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

...different times.

Imagine LJ carrying off an injured Baker.

No wonder fans of a certain age feel less closer to a Club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-merseyside-51312368

Is there a more iconic moment than LJ celebrating with the ball boy?

That 100% could be a statue. And because of the size of the characters involved, cheap to make too!

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

11 minutes ago, Prinny said:

That 100% could be a statue. And because of the size of the characters involved, cheap to make too!

By far the best moment in LJs tenure imo. Pure natural emotion. Loved it. Totally natural.

For all the slagging LJ gets...he is has culminated a team and Club that fight as one. It's only a certain amount of the fan base that give up and look for change when things start going wrong instead of fighting and trying to support and turn things round... remember the 82 supporters?

Would rather have him in charge than someone less attached.

Regardless of performances you can't knock our work ethic and togetherness under LJ.

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Oh, I love Emlyn Hughes! 

I remember when we played Liverpool in the 70’s after they’d won the league (I think?) and Emlyn waving to all parts of the Ashton Gate crowd acknowledging the reception they received, something I can’t recall ever seeing before, or since, from an away team!

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

He was obviously a great player, and died tragically early, but one of the things that sticks in my mind was his high-pitched voice which seemed to be exaggerated whenever he was interviewed on MotD.

I remember him more from Question of Sport

2 hours ago, spudski said:

For all the slagging LJ gets...he is has culminated a team and Club that fight as one. It's only a certain amount of the fan base that give up and look for change when things start going wrong instead of fighting and trying to support and turn things round... remember the 82 supporters?

Nice try, but I was there In 82 and wouldn't bat an eyelid If he was no longer here. And for what It's worth I didn't have a problem with him as a player. 

4 hours ago, Prinny said:

A zillion more iconic moments in our history than that one - you must be so young - fair play ...

On 30/01/2020 at 21:38, East End Old Boy said:

I remember when we played Liverpool in the 70’s after they’d won the league (I think?) and Emlyn waving to all parts of the Ashton Gate crowd acknowledging the reception they received, something I can’t recall ever seeing before, or since, from an away team!

Probably apocryphal but isn`t it rumoured that when he was clean through in the first half in THAT game at AG he deliberately put it wide and said as much in later years?

Archived