IGNORED

New Captain

internetjef

2 hours ago, Charlie0016 said:

Bentley 

1 hour ago, Kempson said:

I reckon Bentley for now. If Smith can keep fit and get back to his best then him in the summer.

GKs make the worse goalkeepers simply because they are not involved in play. You need a player that's going to be in and around the ball and the ref at all times.

Seems to me who the on pitch captain is now fairly irrelevant, with the manager yelling instructions from the touchline there isn't that big a role for a captain as ideally we should have many leaders on the pitch armband or not.

Its probably more important for the off field role in being the spokesman for the players and general go to experienced head for the younger players, fairly sure Carey was still 'Club captain' in his final season when he barely played as his impact as captain off field was where it was most useful. 

19 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

GKs make the worse goalkeepers simply because they are not involved in play. You need a player that's going to be in and around the ball and the ref at all times.

I'm guessing you mean goalkeepers make the worse captains? If so, 100% agree, captain ideally an outfield player and in the mix of things. Korey for me personally 

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Weimann, can I ask why you’d consider him? He’d be one of the last players on my list candidates.

Vocal, hard worker, professional, committed. 

Personally, I'd have him on the bench so wouldn't be my pick, but I can see where bengalcub is coming from.

Archived