IGNORED

Oldham

RoystonFoote'snephew

• Admin
31 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Being reported that Oldham could be kicked out of Boundary Park in a row over £170k back rent owed to a company owned by former director Simon Blitz. Could be the slippery slope to administration if not resolved by the current owner. 

BOUNDARY PARK gets so cold that Joe Royle nicknamed it Ice Station Zebra.

Now the club that Big Joe took into the Premier League face being frozen out of the ground it has called home for 116 years.

And unless owner Abdallah Lemsagam comes to a resolution in a dispute over alleged overdue rent of £170,000 as well as a separate wrangle over approximately £330,000 in unpaid loans, Oldham could face administration.

That £500,000 total is allegedly owed to former Latics director Simon Blitz, who is freeholder of the ground as part of his financial company Brass Bank — along with his partner and former director Danny Gazal.

Blitz claims Lemsagam is running up interest of £5,000 per month on over half of that sum and he is now consulting administrators.

The businessman is also weighing up the nuclear option of attempting to repossess the stadium and thus barring Oldham from playing there.

Administration would mean a 12-point deduction that, if imposed today, would  leave them bottom of League Two and facing relegation from the Football League.

Near-neighbours Bury were dumped from the EFL last year.

Oldham’s future had looked so different under ex-boss Royle, who came within 60 seconds and a Mark Hughes equaliser of taking the club to the 1994 FA Cup final.

Manchester United won the replay 4–1 before Royle’s men were relegated from the Premier League.

But at least they had their moment in the sun alongside the glamour boys as one of the 22 founding clubs of the relaunched league in 1992.

They became the ‘second club’ of many fans, the small-town sloggers punching above their weight.

Now they are on the ropes — understood to be losing £1million a year after falling from League One to 17th in the fourth tier since Lemsagam took over the club in January 2018.

Attendances are down an average 1,000 a game, with gate receipts expected to plunge by £300,000 this season.

Simon Corney, who sold the club to Lemsagam for £1, claims the annual wage bill soared from £1.5m to £3.3m after he left.

Lemsagam has been accused of getting too involved in the affairs of his previous managers — among them United legend and Latics fan Paul Scholes, who quit after 31 days. He rejects the criticism.

The Moroccan former agent, whose brother Mohamed is the club’s sporting director, has repeatedly come under fire for paying underwhelming signings inflated salaries.

One of those was unknown Dutch forward Queensy Menig, who Lemsagam signed on loan from Nantes in late August 2017, having already taken over Oldham’s financial affairs.

In front of Corney, he was given a king’s salary of £11,000 a week by Lemsagam.

Menig left for PEC Zolle in his homeland five months and 15 appearances later.

Listed in Tuesday night’s match programme for the 3–1 win over Mansfield were an astonishing 56 players and that is without defender Cameron Borthwick–Jackson, who has just joined on loan from Manchester United.

Oldham fans have repeatedly protested over the club’s plight.

Players have not been paid on time, while many club staff have been sacked — some on their return to work after last Christmas.

Striker Craig Davies left after last season’s relegation accusing Lemsagam of being a “circus owner”.

This is rejected by Lemsagam, who believes he has fought for the Latics.

Yet the club loved by so many is facing the biggest crisis in its 125-year history. The worst fears of supporters’ groups are now in real danger of being realised.

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

BOUNDARY PARK gets so cold that Joe Royle nicknamed it Ice Station Zebra.

Now the club that Big Joe took into the Premier League face being frozen out of the ground it has called home for 116 years.

And unless owner Abdallah Lemsagam comes to a resolution in a dispute over alleged overdue rent of £170,000 as well as a separate wrangle over approximately £330,000 in unpaid loans, Oldham could face administration.

That £500,000 total is allegedly owed to former Latics director Simon Blitz, who is freeholder of the ground as part of his financial company Brass Bank — along with his partner and former director Danny Gazal.

Blitz claims Lemsagam is running up interest of £5,000 per month on over half of that sum and he is now consulting administrators.

The businessman is also weighing up the nuclear option of attempting to repossess the stadium and thus barring Oldham from playing there.

Administration would mean a 12-point deduction that, if imposed today, would  leave them bottom of League Two and facing relegation from the Football League.

Near-neighbours Bury were dumped from the EFL last year.

Oldham’s future had looked so different under ex-boss Royle, who came within 60 seconds and a Mark Hughes equaliser of taking the club to the 1994 FA Cup final.

Manchester United won the replay 4–1 before Royle’s men were relegated from the Premier League.

But at least they had their moment in the sun alongside the glamour boys as one of the 22 founding clubs of the relaunched league in 1992.

They became the ‘second club’ of many fans, the small-town sloggers punching above their weight.

Now they are on the ropes — understood to be losing £1million a year after falling from League One to 17th in the fourth tier since Lemsagam took over the club in January 2018.

Attendances are down an average 1,000 a game, with gate receipts expected to plunge by £300,000 this season.

Simon Corney, who sold the club to Lemsagam for £1, claims the annual wage bill soared from £1.5m to £3.3m after he left.

Lemsagam has been accused of getting too involved in the affairs of his previous managers — among them United legend and Latics fan Paul Scholes, who quit after 31 days. He rejects the criticism.

The Moroccan former agent, whose brother Mohamed is the club’s sporting director, has repeatedly come under fire for paying underwhelming signings inflated salaries.

One of those was unknown Dutch forward Queensy Menig, who Lemsagam signed on loan from Nantes in late August 2017, having already taken over Oldham’s financial affairs.

In front of Corney, he was given a king’s salary of £11,000 a week by Lemsagam.

Menig left for PEC Zolle in his homeland five months and 15 appearances later.

Listed in Tuesday night’s match programme for the 3–1 win over Mansfield were an astonishing 56 players and that is without defender Cameron Borthwick–Jackson, who has just joined on loan from Manchester United.

Oldham fans have repeatedly protested over the club’s plight.

Players have not been paid on time, while many club staff have been sacked — some on their return to work after last Christmas.

Striker Craig Davies left after last season’s relegation accusing Lemsagam of being a “circus owner”.

This is rejected by Lemsagam, who believes he has fought for the Latics.

Yet the club loved by so many is facing the biggest crisis in its 125-year history. The worst fears of supporters’ groups are now in real danger of being realised.

Sounds like people playing football manager risking the clubs exsistance for their own ego’s

sad 

41 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Being reported that Oldham could be kicked out of Boundary Park in a row over £170k back rent owed to a company owned by former director Simon Blitz. Could be the slippery slope to administration if not resolved by the current owner. 

Unfortunately they have had bad owner after bad owner. Many examples of mis management, poor signings, awful manager appointments. 

As an aside having been to Boundary Park and Oldham many times I concur with Joe Royle's comment regarding ice station zebra. Being at the foothills of the Pennines it can be bloody cold and worse still if raining. The other strange thing is that in Oldham, no matter which direction you walk in its all uphill. There is no such thing as downhill there. 

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

As an aside having been to Boundary Park and Oldham many times I concur with Joe Royle's comment regarding ice station zebra. Being at the foothills of the Pennines it can be bloody cold and worse still if raining. The other strange thing is that in Oldham, no matter which direction you walk in its all uphill. There is no such thing as downhill there. 

Just turn around and you are going downhill! 

6 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

last time I went there they had a spastic bitch and I think wayne Allison scored ,got to  be nearly 30 years ago flipping heck time flies.

19 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

last time I went there they had a spastic bitch and I think wayne Allison scored ,got to  be nearly 30 years ago flipping heck time flies.

10 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Harsh...the ladies seemed ok when I went!

Very unfortunate predictive text, but the response made me laugh.

6 hours ago, RedDave said:

I work in Oldham so concur it’s a weird place. Spend my evenings in Uppermill though. Superb village and it’s flat!

I always thought I was the only City fan who worked in Oldham! (Although a few years ago now). Bizarrely my boss was a gashead. 

I have a soft spot for Uppermill - the evening bash for my wedding was in the Civic Hall!  

11 minutes ago, hollydog said:

I always thought I was the only City fan who worked in Oldham! (Although a few years ago now). Bizarrely my boss was a gashead. 

I have a soft spot for Uppermill - the evening bash for my wedding was in the Civic Hall!  

When were you last in Uppermill? The place is transformed now. One long road of bars and restaurants, the envy of all surrounding villages. House prices through the roof. 

I remember we had an away game there probably around 2000.  It was during the petrol crisis blockage.  Petrol was only given to essential personnel, Doctors, Nurses and the like.  Somehow we managed to get enough petrol to get us too and from Oldham.  I know my pal wasnt a doctor :laugh:..... "Just dont ask too many questions".  The motorway was practically empty easiest away day drive ever.

32 minutes ago, RedDave said:

When were you last in Uppermill? The place is transformed now. One long road of bars and restaurants, the envy of all surrounding villages. House prices through the roof. 

Pretty recently as in-laws still there. Last time was for a visit to the Church Inn. Always been a nice village (although residents of Dobcross, Delph and Denshaw will argue theirs is better! 

The other benefit I found of being in Oldham is that there are a lot of football grounds within an hours drive so got  to see City a lot!

2 minutes ago, hollydog said:

Pretty recently as in-laws still there. Last time was for a visit to the Church Inn. Always been a nice village (although residents of Dobcross, Delph and Denshaw will argue theirs is better! 

The other benefit I found of being in Oldham is that there are a lot of football grounds within an hours drive so got  to see City a lot!

Yep. I plan my away games carefully. Live in Bristol but work in Oldham every other week. Huddersfield away soon. Luckily I get to stay at the white hart hotel in lydgate. Superb place

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Yep. I plan my away games carefully. Live in Bristol but work in Oldham every other week. Huddersfield away soon. Luckily I get to stay at the white hart hotel in lydgate. Superb place

Ha - that’s where we had our wedding reception! Lucky you!

Archived