IGNORED

Zak Vyner. Confirmed by AFC today

Norn Iron

So is he injured or not? No one seems to know. 

If he's injured for a long time like I thought then I guess he's back just because what's the point in him being up there injured.

If he's fit or soon to be fit then that suggests he may be part of our squad at times. 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

So is he injured or not? No one seems to know. 

If he's injured for a long time like I thought then I guess he's back just because what's the point in him being up there injured.

If he's fit or soon to be fit then that suggests he may be part of our squad at times. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-been-said-zak-vyners-3794380

Early Feb

1 minute ago, !james said:

Cheers.

Well with Benkovic likely to come, and trying to get Ampadu. It suggests with Vyner here too we have loads of centre back options.

One leaving maybe?

Is my Ash Williams theory that he wasn't at the training ground event because he's off true I wonder?

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Cheers.

Well with Benkovic likely to come, and trying to get Ampadu. It suggests with Vyner here too we have loads of centre back options.

One leaving maybe?

Is my Ash Williams theory that he wasn't at the training ground event because he's off true I wonder?

Moore will go out on loan, Williams is contracted to the end of season so won't leave until then if he does 

1 minute ago, !james said:

Moore will go out on loan, Williams is contracted to the end of season so won't leave until then if he does 

But if these teams want him now LJ might be happy to let go

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I read yesterday that various foreign clubs are interested in signing Williams.............one of them was in Turkey.

Yes they can all talk to him now and agree a pre-contract agreement for the summer - zero chance he will leave before that - he has the option of an additional year with us. 

14 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Absolutely - a Wilbs situation. If we consider we have enough cover, I doubt we`d stand in his way.

I'm just thinking if this Berkovic is coming, with Kalas coming back in a few weeks who is our record signing. And Baker suddenly at his absolute best in these last 3 league games. Williams might not get in. And I'm not sure we'd want to drop him for the rest of the season at his age. I know it's a ruthless, harsh game where we need to look after ourselves. But it doesn't seem our way to drop a 35 year old completely when he could get a move now.

Maybe he does keep his place as he has been very good. But we will have some serious competition in that position. Ampadu may be joining and he seems to be as much a centre back as midfielder. Played there for Chelsea.

There's also the chance someone comes in for Baker too. I think one may go out of those 2 if we do bring in Berkovic and Ampadu.

Archived