Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
JonDolman

Morrell and Walsh staying out on loan

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think we knew Walsh was. But confirmed that Morrell is too.

Probably makes sense to be fair.

Surely that must mean we are confident of getting a midfielder in? Or are we going with three centre midfielders plus Rowe and COD who can play there?

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Surely that must mean we are confident of getting a midfielder in? Or are we going with three centre midfielders plus Rowe and COD who can play there?

I reckon it will be Ampadu that plays midfield. Nagy and Massengo rotating. Rowe and O'Dowda are options too.

Get that Benkovic too.

Then just not sure on up top, whether we bring in one more. And whether we sell one or two.

18 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I reckon it will be Ampadu that plays midfield. Nagy and Massengo rotating. Rowe and O'Dowda are options too.

Get that Benkovic too.

Then just not sure on up top, whether we bring in one more. And whether we sell one or two.

Depends is we can convince the Germans to let him go,

we’d already know the answer and ether moved on or tieing it up,

personally I think we’ve moved on

11 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I can't see us starting two 19 year olds in centre midfield as a 2. Nagy is barely fit. It will be down to Rowe to hold down a place I think

If they're good enough they're old enough 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Who knows. Doesn’t sound like Maddison will be signing 

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Well we may get Mpanzu of Luton if so. And he isn't a centre back at all so I guess that changes things

As well as Codroe, Massengo is fit and young James Morton is back fron his loan at FGR. I have no objection to a loanee for the rest of the season but I don't know what a perm would say to our young players for next year. In addition to Morrell and Walsh we have another 6 midfielders at 24 or below out on loan (7 if you don't count Jonny Smith as more of a striker). 

If we sign Ampadu on loan for 6 months then I can understand them both staying out.

If we end up buying someone I'll be a bit miffed ngl.

• Like 2

Not calling back Morrell is a historical mistake and something Lansdown/Johnson/Ashton will have to live with. How stupid can you possibly be? In a push for promotion you exclude your most gifted central midfielder. Piss poor decision that still can be changed. How stupid are you? Really?

• Rovers 1

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Not calling back Morrell is a historical mistake and something Lansdown/Johnson/Ashton will have to live with. How stupid can you possibly be? In a push for promotion you exclude your most gifted central midfielder. Piss poor decision that still can be changed. How stupid are you? Really?

Historical mistake <- as in we have made this mistake with him before? When was this?

"Our most gifted central midfielder" <- Could you advise where he has done this at Championship level?

100% one for the future but not sure he is for the here and now

• Like 3

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Historical mistake <- as in we have made this mistake with him before? When was this?

"Our most gifted central midfielder" <- Could you advise where he has done this at Championship level?

100% one for the future but not sure he is for the here and now

He has showed his quality at international level and leaving him at Lincoln not giving the club a fair chance to promotion will be seen as a historical mistake. Hi is and has all season been our superior central midfielder and we leave him at L1 level in a promotion push. Pure madness. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

He has showed his quality at international level and leaving him at Lincoln not giving the club a fair chance to promotion will be seen as a historical mistake. Hi is and has all season been our superior central midfielder and we leave him at L1 level in a promotion push. Pure madness. 

I guess time will tell

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

I guess time will tell

It will not as he is not recalled. I could accept him at Lincoln protecting Brownhills market value but this is no longer an issue. LJ absolutely loves him and the cost for bringing him back is abysmal. Why don't we give ourselves a chance? What is LJ scared of?    

Edited by bristolcitysweden

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Korey Smith taking us to PL?

Dream on.

Are Lansdown/Johnson/Ashton really that stupid??

Bit harsh on all you have mentioned. 

If LJ thinks JM and LW are better served on loan playing week in week, then you have to go with that. If they were recalled I don't honestly think LJ will trust them.  Thats big for LJ.   I don't think either will be pushing for a first team start.   LJ thinks he has enough cover for their respective positions and they are still, whether you like it or not superfluous to first team requirements for this season.

Next season, I would imagine after a solid preseason, both would be part of first team plans, but perhaps not. 

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Obviously the club want players who can come in who are experienced at this level - Henriksen looks the part, Norwegian international, played in top league in Holland, Prem & Championship in this country

If we are going for it then bringing these type of players - Wells, Henriksen and Benkovic suggests we are

It will not as he is not recalled. I could accept him at Lincoln protecting Brownhills market value but this is no longer an issue. LJ absolutely loves him and the cost for bringing him back is abysmal. Why don't we give ourselves a chance? What is LJ scared of?    

What are you on about? The lad is hardly Gareth bale, if we recalled him he still wouldn’t be in the squad as there are 4 players in front of him without brownhill

leaving him settled playing first team football is the absolute best thing we can do not only for the player but also his development and international career

• Like 1

I now have visions of the editor of the Express charging round the office...”quick, scrap that front page on Brexit, for God’s sake quickly change it with something about Morrell staying on loan! It’s only just breaking and we have to be first to hit the streets with it...”

Odd one. Would have brought them both back to fight for one place. 

Must be going for it and getting a high quality midfielder in.