IGNORED

Markus Henriksen - Signed on Loan CONFIRMED

Kibs

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-bristol-city-in-advanced-talks-to-sign-hull-city-27-yr-old/

Just seen this on NewsNow………..

Bristol source has told Football Insider that the Robins are on the brink of securing a deal for the Norwegian.

The 27-year-old is out of contract at Hull this summer and the club are desperate to offload him rather than allowing him to run down his time on Humberside and leave on a free transfer.

Henriksen has not featured for the Tigers this season and manager Grant McCann is happy to allow him to move on before the transfer deadline passes on Friday night.

The Robins are in the market for midfield reinforcements before the transfer window slam shuts after selling Josh Brownhill to Burnley earlier this week.

Robins boss Lee Johnson sees Henriksen as someone who can fill the void left by the midfielder’s departure at Ashton Gate.

City are expected to be busy in the final hours of the transfer window as Johnson looks to bolster his squad to boost their promotion bid in the second half of the campaign.

The midfielder initially joined Hull from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar on loan in 2016, before making his move to England permanent in a deal worth just under £5 million a year later. Since then he has registered 70 Championship appearances, scoring four times and assisting a further seven goals.

I was gonna mention him in another thread when some mentioned Irvine. Didn’t realise about his contract. Was known as more of a 10 when he signed for Hull but think he has transformed a bit to more of a holding midfielder in the champ. Experienced, not very old, 6’2 or more I believe, has an eye for goal too. Can’t pretend I know how good his defensive attributes are but am certain he played deeper for Hull in seasons past. 

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Being reported by Sky Sports too. Surely he's too tall and too old for our midfield. Or are we ripping up the rule book?

Only 27, probably small fee and normal wages for us I’d think. Don’t see a downside to it. If anything about time we supplemented a bit more experience into the squad. Bodes well for next season too as we will probably lose 3-4 of our more experienced players. Shaping up to be a good window if one of these CMs sign with Benkovic imo

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I was gonna mention him in another thread when some mentioned Irvine. Didn’t realise about his contract. Was known as more of a 10 when he signed for Hull but think he has transformed a bit to more of a holding midfielder in the champ. Experienced, not very old, 6’2 or more I believe, has an eye for goal too. Can’t pretend I know how good his defensive attributes are but am certain he played deeper for Hull in seasons past. 

Joe, funnily enough, my Transfermarkt browser tab was already on Irvine.  Not someone I know tonnes about, but in the few games he’s played against us (both in midfield and DC), he looks to be exactly the big, strong, decent technically CM who can cover DC we need.

Positive one this.

Permie I assume if OOC in summer?

• The title was changed to Advanced talks to sign Markus Henriksen (Merged)
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Joe, funnily enough, my Transfermarkt browser tab was already on Irvine.  Not someone I know tonnes about, but in the few games he’s played against us (both in midfield and DC), he looks to be exactly the big, strong, decent technically CM who can cover DC we need.

Positive one this.

Permie I assume if OOC in summer?

Be my guess but if both parties wanted to keep options open I wouldn’t be against loaning him for rest of the season either

3 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

The source with 20 odd replies further down page ?

3 minutes ago, HayBCFC said:

There’s a bloke called Brunel who’s drawn up some sketches of a bridge he wants building in Clifton my sources have told me as well mucker.

Well I didn’t see the other thread but I did just get it from twitter!  The source thing was a joke. Chill guys 

Archived