IGNORED

Markus Henriksen - Signed on Loan CONFIRMED

Kibs

2 hours ago, Kibs said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-bristol-city-in-advanced-talks-to-sign-hull-city-27-yr-old/

Just seen this on NewsNow………..

Bristol source has told Football Insider that the Robins are on the brink of securing a deal for the Norwegian.

The 27-year-old is out of contract at Hull this summer and the club are desperate to offload him rather than allowing him to run down his time on Humberside and leave on a free transfer.

Henriksen has not featured for the Tigers this season and manager Grant McCann is happy to allow him to move on before the transfer deadline passes on Friday night.

The Robins are in the market for midfield reinforcements before the transfer window slam shuts after selling Josh Brownhill to Burnley earlier this week.

Robins boss Lee Johnson sees Henriksen as someone who can fill the void left by the midfielder’s departure at Ashton Gate.

City are expected to be busy in the final hours of the transfer window as Johnson looks to bolster his squad to boost their promotion bid in the second half of the campaign.

The midfielder initially joined Hull from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar on loan in 2016, before making his move to England permanent in a deal worth just under £5 million a year later. Since then he has registered 70 Championship appearances, scoring four times and assisting a further seven goals.

We’ve got most other nationalities, be good to add a Norwegian to the global city squad! 

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I would imagine he is on good wages, having signed for Hull in their Prem relegation season (straight back down), having spent first half of 16/17 on loan, eventually made perm in Jan.  I suspect Hull are cutting cloth accordingly with PPs ending (2 years only because they only lasted one season in Prem), hence several players going.

Sounds like a combination of Pack and Brownhill. Interesting stylistically if so.

Had this from a Hull supporting friend:

"He's a very good midfielder.  Under Adkins he was our captain and after Bowen, our best player.  McCann came in, wanted to sell him and get his high wages off the wage bill (he's on a prem wage still) and they fell out so he's been out the team all season.  So he will be rusty but you'll be getting a very good and international standard midfielder. He starts for Norway alongside Berge normally.  

He won't score you many goals, but he's a tough tackling ball playing midfielder who likes to get the ball from back to front quickly.  He should be playing weekly for us so be good to see him at your boys as I always want them to do well because of you! (apart from when you play us)"

Sounds very promising if this comes off.

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I would imagine he is on good wages, having signed for Hull in their Prem relegation season (straight back down), having spent first half of 16/17 on loan, eventually made perm in Jan.  I suspect Hull are cutting cloth accordingly with PPs ending (2 years only because they only lasted one season in Prem), hence several players going.

So is he actually Marlon Pack or is he an upgrade?

I'm wondering if we may use him as a more attacking midfielder. 

Like a number 10 like he was in Holland where he scored so many.

Then Ampadu if he joins can play midfield alongside Smith.

Wells lone role which he likes. Looks solid on paper with class on the flanks in Pato and Eliasson.

Archived