IGNORED

Markus Henriksen - Signed on Loan CONFIRMED

Kibs

17 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm wondering if we may use him as a more attacking midfielder. 

Like a number 10 like he was in Holland where he scored so many.

Then Ampadu if he joins can play midfield alongside Smith.

Wells lone role which he likes. Looks solid on paper with class on the flanks in Pato and Eliasson.

No we have enough attacking midfielders. I think if he comes it’ll be for a box-to-box Brownhill replacement.

16 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No we have enough attacking midfielders. I think if he comes it’ll be for a box-to-box Brownhill replacement.

Not sure what attacking midfielders we have? Paterson, but usually when we play 442 or 4411 he plays wide left.

Palmer has been poor and wouldn't surprise me if he's gone by 11pm tonight.

No others I can think of.

Just an idea that Henriksen scored so many as a number 10 in Holland. Could be his best position maybe.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure what attacking midfielders we have? Paterson, but usually when we play 442 or 4411 he plays wide left.

Just an idea that Henriksen scored so many as a number 10 in Holland. Could be his best position maybe.

Wienman can play that role as can o’dowda

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Wienman can play that role as can o’dowda

Yes but would you want either threading balls through to Wells? They're more runners rather than classy passers of the ball.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yes but would you want either threading balls through to Wells? They're more runners rather than classy passers of the ball.

Wienman can thread a classy ball as well as run, he’s prob the most suited player to play behind wells

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Paterson and Palmer mainly, O’Dowda can fill in. That’s potentially 3 central attacking midfield players and we don’t even play a system requiring one that often.

If he’s bought In I think it’ll be for a role which is similar to Brownhill’s. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Paterson and Palmer mainly, O’Dowda can fill in. That’s potentially 3 central attacking midfield players and we don’t even play a system requiring one that often.

If he’s bought In I think it’ll be for a role which is similar to Brownhill’s. 

I see smith taking over brownhill a role and this lad protecting the back 4

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Wienman can thread a classy ball as well as run, he’s prob the most suited player to play behind wells

Hmm not sure about that. He seems to lack composure in his final ball at times. But also more importantly he doesn't seem to like the ball at feet in those sorts of areas. He runs out wide all the time.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Hmm not sure about that. He seems to lack composure in his final ball at times. But also more importantly he doesn't seem to like the ball at feet in those sorts of areas. He runs out wide all the time.

His final ball is fine, he’s got 3 assists and that’s when he’s not playing striker, 

So he has been frozen out due to high (Premiership) wages and won’t sign a new deal.

So why do we think he is coming to us? (I hope so as he sounds good) but surely he will be looking for a club on the up ( maybe we tick that box) and/or a club that will pay Premiership style wages. Maybe we tick that box for some, Kalas for example and now Wells will be highly paid, but we can’t stretch that far for all can we? 

Maybe he just wants a fresh start and playing football is better than sitting on the sidelines?

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

So he has been frozen out due to high (Premiership) wages and won’t sign a new deal.

So why do we think he is coming to us? (I hope so as he sounds good) but surely he will be looking for a club on the up ( maybe we tick that box) and/or a club that will pay Premiership style wages. Maybe we tick that box for some, Kalas for example and now Wells will be highly paid, but we can’t stretch that far for all can we? 

Maybe he just wants a fresh start and playing football is better than sitting on the sidelines?

Sounding like a done deal Em, Gregor just tweeted it’s now our fault if we don’t get it done before 11

5 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Sounding like a done deal Em, Gregor just tweeted it’s now our fault if we don’t get it done before 11

He’s retweeted the hull journo, the chances of Gregor know are slim going by his previous transfer tweets 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes I have haven't I dave

yes you have dave

I can wake up one morning and go 'Ooh, I don't feel like working today, can I just stay in bed?' 'Ooh, don't know, better ask the boss.' 'David can I stay in bed all day?' 'Yes you can David.'

Both me...

That’s not me in bed with another bloke called David...

9 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I can wake up one morning and go 'Ooh, I don't feel like working today, can I just stay in bed?' 'Ooh, don't know, better ask the boss.' 'David can I stay in bed all day?' 'Yes you can David.'

Both me...

I have been known to do that on occasion. Very bad habit to get into. And i have been known not to get out and get a cuppa tea as both of me can't be arsed. The Mrs is not the best at making tea meanwhile but I best not tell her that so Mum's the word.

10 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Both me...

*quick glance to camera*
*Handbags and Gladrags kicks in*

Don’t think it’s really us to do late deals, a bit  too close to the wire for the organised MA I would think. I remember years ago Adam Baker tweeting on deadline day to go to bed our business is done. If this is a goer it’s sorted, and as I put on another thread maybe our standard ‘try before we buy’ loan ? 

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Don’t think it’s really us to do late deals, a bit  too close to the wire for the organised MA I would think. I remember years ago Adam Baker tweeting on deadline day to go to bed our business is done. If this is a goer it’s sorted, and as I put on another thread maybe our standard ‘try before we buy’ loan ? 

Afobe in August was a late one M..... Hold tight for feedback! 

Archived