IGNORED

Markus Henriksen - Signed on Loan CONFIRMED

Kibs

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Don’t think it’s really us to do late deals, a bit  too close to the wire for the organised MA I would think. I remember years ago Adam Baker tweeting on deadline day to go to bed our business is done. If this is a goer it’s sorted, and as I put on another thread maybe our standard ‘try before we buy’ loan ? 

Maybe this is try before you buy. The Croatian is not, Brendan rates him too highly.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Don’t think it’s really us to do late deals, a bit  too close to the wire for the organised MA I would think. I remember years ago Adam Baker tweeting on deadline day to go to bed our business is done. If this is a goer it’s sorted, and as I put on another thread maybe our standard ‘try before we buy’ loan ? 

Maybe RM but I think it's more likely a case of a player getting match time before the Euros then putting himself in the shop window during the tournament. Bear in mind, he signed for Hull when they were in the Prem so will be on big wages.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

So he has been frozen out due to high (Premiership) wages and won’t sign a new deal.

So why do we think he is coming to us? (I hope so as he sounds good) but surely he will be looking for a club on the up ( maybe we tick that box) and/or a club that will pay Premiership style wages. Maybe we tick that box for some, Kalas for example and now Wells will be highly paid, but we can’t stretch that far for all can we? 

Maybe he just wants a fresh start and playing football is better than sitting on the sidelines?

I assumed he was coming on loan? If so, he gets to play football and put himself in the shop window and us paying his wages saves Hull from doing so for a player they will not use...

“City Head Coach Lee Johnson said: “Markus is a great addition to our midfield, someone who gives us further attributes in the middle of the park and I believe he will have an important part to play in these final 18 matches.”

Last 18 matches! 
Cant play tomorrow, so only leaves 16 league games. 
LJ presumably thinks we’ll be knocked out in the playoff semifinal. 

Archived