IGNORED

Team for QPR

old_eastender

2 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Will be tough competition for that number 8 shirt, hopefully a player will emerge and naturally fill the position.

Massengo, Walsh, Nagy, Morrell should all see it as their oppertunity :chant6ez:

1 minute ago, CiderHider said:

mad scenes if Wells scores ?

Morrell I assume you mean in the summer or do you have info?

However to paraphrase Kevin Keegan. I’d love it if Wells scores tomorrow 

27 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Will be tough competition for that number 8 shirt, hopefully a player will emerge and naturally fill the position.

Massengo, Walsh, Nagy, Morrell should all see it as their oppertunity :chant6ez:

Massengo is 42 - 4 x 2 = 8. Coincidence? I think not.

But seriously I'd play Massengo further forward as a no.8. He plays (roughly) there for the U19 national side and by all reports does a good job. I'd have him helping Fam and Weimann with the start of the press, winning the ball upfield as he's so good at using his body to win and then shield the ball, allowing runners to move.

Tomorrow though? Start Wells surely?

18 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I'd think it will be same starting 11 as against Reading, but with Massengo in place of Brownhill (please not COD again in CM). Reckon LJ will have Wells on the bench for this one.

I think it'd be foolish to have him on the bench, he may not know his team-mates all that well yet but he knows the opposition better than any of our lot. There is no doubt in my mind he'll be looking to win over our fans and a goal against his old club would do that instantly. I fully expect LJ to talk to him about their tactics, players and then look to make the most of that inside information.

23 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

But seriously I'd play Massengo further forward. He plays there for the U19 national side and by all reports does a good job. I'd have him helping Fam and Weimann with the start of the press, winning the ball upfield as he's so good at using his body to win and then shield the ball, allowing runners to move.

I don't think he will and don't call me Shirley.

32 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

But seriously I'd play Massengo further forward as a no.8. He plays (roughly) there for the U19 national side and by all reports does a good job. I'd have him helping Fam and Weimann with the start of the press, winning the ball upfield as he's so good at using his body to win and then shield the ball, allowing runners to move.

And he is 18. 1 x 8 = 8.

Dun dun dun!

I think Massengo in for Josh tomorrow, and keep the rest the same, as per OP. Not sure where Wells head will be at regarding playing at Loftus Rd as an away player this soon. And I like Massengo, think he could use his energy and tenacity to work well for us defensively and offensively similarly to Josh.  

Unchanged if we don't sell anyone in the next few hours.

We played very well. It's interesting if we win and play well again and keep a clean sheet.

It would be 4 league wins in a row abd would be difficult to change for LJ. Though I'm sure he will.

5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Erm, i make that 76..........?

38 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Unchanged if we don't sell anyone in the next few hours.

We played very well. It's interesting if we win and play well again and keep a clean sheet.

It would be 4 league wins in a row abd would be difficult to change for LJ. Though I'm sure he will.

Unchanged........?!?! Erm, Brownhill.....!!

5 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Erm, i make that 76..........?

Unchanged........?!?! Erm, Brownhill.....!!

Yeah I meant that team minus Brownhill!

Massengo sensible choice I think.

11 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Ha i know. You just know it will be COD though!?

Na. It'll be Massengo. Or maybe LJ will pull a rabbit out of the hat and play Tommy centrally.

As for Wells, he's a better finisher than Diedhiou and will encourage us to pass and move rather than play long. 

We need to score earlier in games and bury some of those sweet passes from Eliasson. Why wait until the 70th minute?

This City side is about putting fear into the opposition. A proper step up and I'm excited for the remainder of the season.

May not be the team for tomorrow as some of the new lads won't be available or up to speed but for me best 11 now would be

Wells

Paterson          Palmer         Eliasson

Henrikksen   Nagy

Dasilva     Benkovic    Kalas     Hunt

Bentley

Wollacott

Baker

Smith

Massengo

O'Dowda

Diedhiou

Weimann

10 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

May not be the team for tomorrow as some of the new lads won't be available or up to speed but for me best 11 now would be

Wells

Paterson          Palmer         Eliasson

Henrikksen   Nagy

Dasilva     Benkovic    Kalas     Hunt

Bentley

Wollacott

Baker

Smith

Massengo

O'Dowda

Diedhiou

Weimann

LJ will always play Weimann it seems. And I can't see him dropping Williams. 

Good problems to have for a manager. I like your team though.

Would probably rather have Korey in there than Nagy with how Nagy has mainly looked so far. Though I know on a good day he is quality.

41 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

I’d be tempted with Palmer and Wells in for Brownhill (obvs) and Weimann 

I think he may start same team with Wells and Palmer coming on after an hour as plan B if needed.

Ultimately I think we may end up 3-5-2 again.

Archived