IGNORED

Team for QPR

old_eastender

12 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

May not be the team for tomorrow as some of the new lads won't be available or up to speed but for me best 11 now would be

Wells

Paterson          Palmer         Eliasson

Henrikksen   Nagy

Dasilva     Benkovic    Kalas     Hunt

Bentley

Wollacott

Baker

Smith

Massengo

O'Dowda

Diedhiou

Weimann

Swap Smith for Nagy and I’m with you. Then up to Palmer to start performing. We can’t give him 5 games to improve. Needs to do it nearly straight away 

The key for me is stopping Eze who played excellently against us at Ashton Gate.He gave Taylor Moore and Hunty a few problems on that lovely sunny afternoon.

I imagine we will play a similar side apart from Brownhill with Wells coming off the bench on 72 mins to score the winner!Really pleased with recent additions and hope LJ gets the best out of them.Enjoy your afternoon in London to all who are going.

Coyr

ps Are the 2 lads we signed yesterday eligible for today?

2 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

The key for me is stopping Eze who played excellently against us at Ashton Gate.He gave Taylor Moore and Hunty a few problems on that lovely sunny afternoon.

I imagine we will play a similar side apart from Brownhill with Wells coming off the bench on 72 mins to score the winner!Really pleased with recent additions and hope LJ gets the best out of them.Enjoy your afternoon in London to all who are going.

Coyr

ps Are the 2 lads we signed yesterday eligible for today?

They shouldn't be available if signed after noon yesterday. Doubt LJ would play them a day after signing anyway when we've just won 3 in a row.

I'm worried about the other winger they have too. But then they should be worried about us. Eliasson on Jed Wallace. Surely he should have too much for him.

You say about Eze, I'd trust Pereira more on him. He's better defensively. Should be playing more imo.

14 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

May not be the team for tomorrow as some of the new lads won't be available or up to speed but for me best 11 now would be

Wells

Paterson          Palmer         Eliasson

Henrikksen   Nagy

Dasilva     Benkovic    Kalas     Hunt

Bentley

Wollacott

Baker

Smith

Massengo

O'Dowda

Diedhiou

Weimann

A mate who supports Huddersfield says Wells can't play on his own up front.  That was obviously a few years ago, but if that's still the case then I'd expect Weinmann to partner him and then it will hopefully be Afobe when he returns.

45 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Lee has so many options now in terms of formations and personnel, his head must be spinning.  Really not sure how many debuts there will be though I'm praying that Wells starts.

Too many?

Because historically, our best form has been when his hand is forced to stick to 1 particular way of playing.

6 minutes ago, Abingdon Red said:

A mate who supports Huddersfield says Wells can't play on his own up front.  That was obviously a few years ago, but if that's still the case then I'd expect Weinmann to partner him and then it will hopefully be Afobe when he returns.

Didn't they go up with him up top on his own? And been in great form up top on his own at QPR hasn't he?

I do believe LJ will be looking to play Weimann with him though. And that will be 442. But may go 352 and drop Eliasson for Palmer at some point if 442 doesn't work.

Be interesting when Afobe returns what happens then. Having 2 pacey strikers who score goals could really be a handful for any defence.

8 minutes ago, Abingdon Red said:

They’ve played a lot of games in a 4231 this season, with Wells up top, with the likes of Eze, Chair and Bright-Samuel in a 3 behind him.  In fairness he’s played off of Hugill a fair bit too.

I’d say he can do both....but with all these things it’s about service.

Difficult to call what 11 we’ll see at Loftus Rd. 

Only Wells will be available as the others signed after midday and I imagine he’ll start alongside Famara. Here’s my guess - 

Bently,

Isaac, Williams, Baker, Dasilva

Elliasson, Smith, Rowe Wiemann

Wells Famara

Reckon CoD will replace Brownhill.

Would like to see instead...

_______________Bents______________

Hunt_____Williams__Baker____DaSilva

_______________Smith______________

Weimann_______Pato________Eliasson

_________Famara____Wells__________

Tbh...my gut says well always have Weimann playing the forward role with Famara and Wells interchanging.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Tbh...my gut says well always have Weimann playing the forward role with Famara and Wells interchanging.

Blimey that's attacking

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Prepare for “will get ripped apart”, “415 ?” comments.

I think some forget that Wells can work hard off the ball too.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Happy with a midfield two of Smith and Paterson then? Genuine question 

Depends how they are supported in / out of possession, distances etc.

It has its merits though.  It is certainly attacking looking.  But that’s the problem with looking at a text written formation versus the fluidity of what happens in a match.  Against a Millwall 343, I could see it working well.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Blimey that's attacking

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Depends how they are supported in / out of possession, distances etc.

It has its merits though.  It is certainly attacking looking.  But that’s the problem with looking at a text written formation versus the fluidity of what happens in a match.  Against a Millwall 343, I could see it working well.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Prepare for “will get ripped apart”, “415 ?” comments.

I think some forget that Wells can work hard off the ball too.

Lots of movement and energy in that team I reckon. As Dave says...Wells is renowned for his defensive work and like for a tackle...not just his offensive work.

We with Weimann, Pato and Wells have lots of offensive energy with the power to press more. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Difficult to call what 11 we’ll see at Loftus Rd. 

Only Wells will be available as the others signed after midday and I imagine he’ll start alongside Famara. Here’s my guess - 

Bently,

Isaac, Williams, Baker, Dasilva

Elliasson, Smith, Rowe Wiemann

Wells Famara

I agree that if we are going to play 4 attackers like in your team, we will need Smith and Rowe as sitters.

40 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Problem is I can see some of Nahki's ex teammates targeting him with the intent on getting him injured. Maybe best to keep him on the bench for this one.

I would hope not. Players live and breathe others coming and going - it is not the big deal for them as it is for fans.

More likely they consider him a friend and would apologise for “catching” him in a challenge rather than go in with that intent.

1 minute ago, Meh said:

I would hope not. Players live and breathe others coming and going - it is not the big deal for them as it is for fans.

More likely they consider him a friend and would apologise for “catching” him in a challenge rather than go in with that intent.

Yeah right

Archived