IGNORED

Well Done Bristol City!

handsofclay

Several months ago I reported on here about how the Frame Footballers of Bristol had had their funding stopped by the FA primarily because they weren't involved in competitions, particularly international competitions, from which the FA could derive kudos. The organiser, Nick Dewfall of 2nd Chance FC, stated that it was a triumph in itself to get these children with walking difficulties to turn up, let alone play in competitions.

I am chuffed to inform you, that Bristol City have stepped in and have attended some of the sessions and provided kit etc. The media team from City will be at the Frame Football tomorrow to help with giving this noble cause some publicity. So well done to Sam, the City disability development officer, and thanks to all those at Bristol City for stepping in when the FA stopped their funding.

Whilst I have your attention, Frame Football is for children with cerebral palsy who use frames to aid their mobility. If anyone knows a child who has CP and uses a frame and wants to play football they can contact Nick Dewfall via the Bristol Frame Football Facebook or Twitter pages.

Archived