IGNORED

Cardiff fans recieve banning orders

phantom

• Admin

Below is an article that appeared on 'Wales online' earlier this evening. 

Don't get me wrong I have no love loss for anything connected with Cardiff, but at the end of the day we are all football fans. 

I honestly can't see what they did to deserve FBOs. Can you really get one now for shouting? 

Am I missing something? 

Put aside any feelings about Cardiff, I am genuinely interested what other people think 

I have removed personal details from the article copied below.......

Cardiff City fans given banning orders after Bristol City game trouble

Some of the defendants were heard shouting 'soul crew' - referring to the football hooligan firm associated with Cardiff City

Three Cardiff City fans have been banned from attending future games after a mob of supporters shouted abuse and made offensive hand gestures at away supporters during a match.

A sentencing hearing at Cardiff Magistrates' Court heard tensions flared between a small number of Cardiff City supporters and Bristol City fans on November 10 of last year.

Seven men, who had been at the home game, pleaded guilty to using threatening or abusive words or behaviour likely to cause alarm or distress.

The court heard the defendants were among of group of fans that approached Bristol City supports in the Duke of Wellington pub in the Hayes chanting "soul crew, soul crew" - referring to the football hooligan firm associated with Cardiff City.

The group were dispersed by police and made their way to the Cardiff City Stadium to watch the match.

During the game, the defendants were caught on CCTV chanting "fight, fight, wherever you may be, we f****** hate the West Country" and "England is full of s***, we hate Bristol".

They were also seen swearing and making hand gestures towards Bristol City fans and breaching a segregation line.

After the game, the group, were caught on police bodycam footage shouting at police officers and making hand gestures. The defendants could be heard shouting "what are you going to do?".

TAKEN FROM: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-bristol-city-magistrates-court-17670334.amp?__twitter_impression=true

you forgot to include this bit...

In a victim impact statement, head of operations Wayne Nash asked for the defendants to be made subject to football banning orders.

He said: "This is unacceptable behaviour. They have acted as a pack at several games and their behaviour has been abhorrent and unacceptable.

"It has been directed at stewards to whom they have shown no respect. We as a club have a duty to provide a safe working environment."

Personally I find being subjected to abuse with violent intent to be not acceptable, and should not be considered normal practice at a game of football.   I also don't like swearing in front of children,  pissing in peoples gardens,  and shouting racist abuse.    Anyone defending these Cardiff fans is basically asking for approval for their own behaviour.   

Football is going soft but from those reports, it seems like the same group of ********* have been caught doing the same stuff on many occasions & if Cardiff City have tried dealing with it before & these same idiots carry on ‘acting up’, I can maybe see why the club has taken this action.

If it was a first offence then I’d definitely say it’s ‘over the top’ from the club & authorities but it doesn’t look like it is a first offence.

From being at the game & being stood next to the segregation, I can honestly say at no time did I think anything was said or done to put myself in fear of my safety & apart from the group of about 7 kids that ran along the other side of the fence at the park & got ran off by the police on horses on the walk back to the train station, I seen no attempt to act up from Cardiff at all. It was a far cry from The Ninian Park days, that’s for sure.

The World has indeed gone mad.

Football is getting so diluted that there will come a time when fans will get told they have to be mixed and shake hands before and after the game, home and away ends will soon be classed as discriminatory due to one person being somehow offended, a single swear word will be an automatic 2 year banning order, and the old '****er' sign will be a lifetime ban. A list of allowed and acceptable songs/language will be placed on each seat, and anything sung (or attempted to be sung) outside of this list will again be an automatic banning order. 

10 hours ago, sav200 said:

Personally I find being subjected to abuse with violent intent to be not acceptable, and should not be considered normal practice at a game of football.   I also don't like swearing in front of children,  pissing in peoples gardens,  and shouting racist abuse.    Anyone defending these Cardiff fans is basically asking for approval for their own behaviour.   

Swearing in front of children at football is acceptable to me.

In order to sort this I guess it’s a case of who can be offended on Twitter first. 

Then it’s a case of making sure all context is removed from the situation.

Then finally, one of us can lose our jobs and personally apologise.

Let the games commence!

13 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Swearing in front of children at football is acceptable to me.

In order to sort this I guess it’s a case of who can be offended on Twitter first. 

Then it’s a case of making sure all context is removed from the situation.

Then finally, one of us can lose our jobs and personally apologise.

Let the games commence!

Think it's pretty clear the context with these particular Cardiff fans is their behaviour crossed the line .   

11 hours ago, sav200 said:

you forgot to include this bit...

In a victim impact statement, head of operations Wayne Nash asked for the defendants to be made subject to football banning orders.

He said: "This is unacceptable behaviour. They have acted as a pack at several games and their behaviour has been abhorrent and unacceptable.

"It has been directed at stewards to whom they have shown no respect. We as a club have a duty to provide a safe working environment."

Also missed that it could be deemed threatening to supporters on the receiving end of their chants 

May seem a bit harsh on the face of it but if you look at the detail It says they breached a segregation line which is a bit more than 'shouting'.

One interesting thing is banning orders were applied for in all 7 cases but 4 were rejected.

When 30+ City fans were arrested at Cardiff a few years ago every single fan was not only charged and found guilty, but subjected to a banning order without exception.

It looks like Cardiff City might be finally taking bad behaviour from their own fans a bit more seriously than the days I followed City there when misdemeanours by Cardiff fans seemed to be completely ignored.

11 hours ago, sav200 said:

You surely don't think a few Cardiff fans (or any fans for that matter) shouting abuse at the other fans, doing the ****er sign, singing a nasty song is actually "abuse with violent intent"? 

Swearing and certain types of songs (or banter as it was once known before the offended brigade turned up), is part and parcel of football in general. Supporters get to love their team (I sometimes wonder why) and are tribal, and things get said/shouted in the heat of the moment. You will not take that away from most fans. If you want to go with kids and do not like the swearing surely you would seek to sit in the best place where your kids, or any other kids won't be subject to hearing that? 

2 minutes ago, wood_red said:

You surely don't think a few Cardiff fans (or any fans for that matter) shouting abuse at the other fans, doing the ****er sign, singing a nasty song is actually "abuse with violent intent"? 

Swearing and certain types of songs (or banter as it was once known before the offended brigade turned up), is part and parcel of football in general. Supporters get to love their team (I sometimes wonder why) and are tribal, and things get said/shouted in the heat of the moment. You will not take that away from most fans. If you want to go with kids and do not like the swearing surely you would seek to sit in the best place where your kids, or any other kids won't be subject to hearing that? 

Completely agree, but reading the article surely it was a lot more than that.

These Cardiff fans were actively looking for trouble before, during, and after the match - confronting City fans at the pub beforehand, breaching a segregation line in the ground, and being antagonistic and swearing at police after the game.

The songs and hand gestures fill out the story nicely but were not the reason they were arrested - I expect a lot of other Cardiff fans who only did that were not arrested at all.

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

These Cardiff fans were actively looking for trouble before, during, and after the match - confronting City fans at the pub beforehand, breaching a segregation line in the ground, and being antagonistic and swearing at police after the game.

The songs and hand gestures fill out the story nicely but were not the reason they were arrested - I expect a lot of other Cardiff fans who only did that were not arrested at all.

You are probably correct.

I will never understand why fans want to try and have a row/shout abuse at other fans who are obviously nothing to do with that type of behaviour. If the old bill know about them anyway, then just nick them outside at the first sniff of trouble, and knock the rest of the potential trouble on the head?

38 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Won't be long before people get banned just for staring at the opposing team's fans...

...and singing "Drink up Thy Cider" will be deemed as beong provocative/offensive to abstainers.

Will they introduce a dress-code to get into the stadium too?

The dress code could see  huge numbers banned judging by some of the gear on show at the Gate some Saturdays!

• Admin
1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Very true, maybe just the way I read it they were singing, swearing and giving 'gestures'. No punches thrown no objects thrown...

Like mentioned above there would have been nobody left in the Ninian Park days 

Archived