IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Match Day 30

Septic Peg

Just happy to be here. ?

Shithousing kings Bristol City have done it again. Rustling the QPR fans by swiping their on loan goalscorer, Nahki Wells, just days after the powers at QPR responded to the rumours of his departure with THAT ill-timed tweet.

The cherry on the top is that he returns to the Kiyan Prince Stadium almost immediately. This time though, he'll be in red.

If he scores the winner for us in the last minute, our place as the C words of the Championship is complete. We loves a rustle and today is going to be fun!

Also potentially showing their faces (albeit in the crowd as I'm unsure if they've been registered to play in time) will be the new Norwegian god Markus Henriksen from Hull (coincidentally, their fans are unhappy with how he's been just left at the sidelines after a good season for them last year) and Filip Benkovic from Leicester who will aim to shore up our defensive line.

To get three players in as many days also meant the departure of others. Browny gave his return train ticket to Nahki as he signed for a rumoured £10m. We've also said goodbye to Bailey Wright and Antoine Semenyo as they spend time in Sunderland. Howay the lads.

Other rumours that Matty Taylor was being sold didn't come to fruition and he remains on loan. With him OOC in the summer, it's highly unlikely we'll see him in a City shirt again. Sad. ?

So that's it til May. Afobe may or may not make a re-appearance towards the tail end of the season but the squad we have is the final team. 

Where will we end up? Will Johnson still be here? Where have the Johnson Out Brigade disappeared to?

Lots of questions and only time will tell.

On to today...

Nahki will undoubtedly be involved at some stage. Whether as a starter or as a sub. He will be there and the QPR fans and team will react.

Kalas is probably worthy of a run on towards the end but needs match fitness. Same for Nagy. I'd expect to see a similar squad selected today that we've seen most recently with adjustments on the bench to include returnees.

Gotta be a 2-1 win for us. Nahki with a tap in on the 89th. Watching him with Palmer and Eliasson is going to be poetry. I can't wait!

COYRS!

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Except that he barely knows our players and our way of playing!  I expect him to be on the bench.

I would be surprised if he did start , but you would think he’d know the weakness of the QPR defence from playing / training with then.

Regardless real pressure on Fam & Weinmann now 

44 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Except that he barely knows our players and our way of playing!  I expect him to be on the bench.

There's a few of our existing players about which we've thought the same!

2 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Massengo for Brownhill the only change. Shame that Wells isn't starting because that may have given us a psychological advantage.

Hmm I think not too surprising. Not questioning commitment, but don’t fancy 90 minutes of QPR taking retribution.

2 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Wells on bench... that’s a poor call in my view 

I would have also started him

However he will have had probably only one training session with the team. The positive here is the other week you could look at the bench and said LJ had very little to change the game if needed. This time out the prospect of bringing on wells/palmer maybe looks better.

Archived