IGNORED

Johnson In or Out?

And Its Smith

Johnson In or Out  

447 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've always been strongly on the fence about Johnson but his latest run of poor form was enough for me, he's too inconstant and i know he's getting results now but for how long? I want to see better performances for a start, because at the moment we are playing some dreadful football. I wouldn't say im out but i don't think he's good enough, i hope he proves me wrong.

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I voted in, as I have done on every poll on the subject.

But is there any need for this? Can't we just enjoy the victory?

Nothing wrong with it. Supporting our manager. He got abuse for saying stick with him after Shrewsbury. He was right. 

10 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

If he losses 4 on the trot again he will be a 70 percenter again, a very odd manager Lee Johnson.

This is the bottom line with LJ. He is so streaky it’s inevitable that you will get such swings in support for him. It would be the same were he doing this at any other club.

The three January incoming players mean there's now no excuse to finish outside the top 6. Delighted to see the team strengthened but this should be LJ's last chance. Season on season progress is all well and good but we have a squad that should now be top 2 let alone top 6. Brentford aside this is a mediocre season. I'll certainly give him until May but let's not accept anything less than play-offs.

I don't like LJ's habit of throwing young players under the bus and I'm mystified why Taylor Moore has been sent to frigging Blackpool.

It's been great to win 5 out 6 recent games but I still haven't seen a convincing victory in that sequence.

I don't personally care about promotion but if that is Lansdown's stated aim then this is easily the best chance since Gary Johnson took us to Wembley.

I said out. I’m still not sure on the overall design and plan for the team.

We seem to be building a squad built for a formation that can’t accommodate our (arguably) best player, Eliasson. I’m not sold on the overall project and think that, if we did go up, we may end up embarrassing ourselves.

I’m less out than I was, but the pressure is really on LJ to deliver now the squad’s been strengthened.

2 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

City fans need to get their head examined. Being in the top half is not a devine right and Johnson has turned us into exactly that, a top half Championship club. Aside from half a decade under Alan Dicks and two seasons with GJ we haven't been able to say that since pre WW1. Get some perspective.

I don’t think it’s an issue of divine right or perspective, at least not for all of us. It’s simply a question of right here, right now, are we maximising our potential - irrespective of our history.

Like all our fans I want Johnson to lead City into the Premier League and be up there with Thickitt and Dicks. However, that doesn't stop me from calling games as I see them.

The great thing about this transfer window is that we appear to have recruited a stronger spine,  in Benkovich and Henriksen, plus a top goalscorer.

We now have all the tools to get those 8 wins required for the play-offs.

City in. Johnson, keep up the good work and you'll be a great.

4 tough games coming up Brum, Derby, Leeds then WBA lets see how they go, the month finishes away at Huddersfield and Millwall def not easy games either. A run of wins followed a run of losses what next? who knows. We have some of the best players in this div.......the manager...we`ll see wont we.

8 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Think that this vote just shows everyone here is a normal football fan, the manager wins 4 in a row people are behind him if he goes and lose 4 in a row the vote will be totally different to hiw it is now, 

But then every manager would get no time and we'd have had numerous managers in this Johnson era. Ridiculous that fans change their mind that quickly.

Thank god for an intelligent owner who can see LJs qualities and believes he can sort things out when it starts to go wrong.

31 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

At least yer honest :yes:

I love him really and when i think of the alernatvies well there aint no one to get me excited i like the continuity we have with lj and iam sure with the year on year progression we are seeing and the fantastic squad of quality players we have assembled lee will deliver the success we all crave lets all be a bit more patient me included fill the gate friday and roar the city to another 3 points iam a 62 year old veteran watching city since 1967 and ive never been more excited than iam now at the prospect of premier league football COME ON YOU SUPER REDS

I will admit to changing my mind a few times this season. Even at one point hoping warnock would get the job (looking back it seems silly as he is just another manager who plays awful foodtball but gets results) but it is the experience and managing to see games out, which it looks like Lee may have finally got the hang of! 

I guess a big reason many people wanted him out early tho is to do with the fact we have often had to sit and wait until it was too late for a manager to be sacked to make any difference on the season. 

Let's be honest no one wants this club to fail so seems silly point scoring against people who had a different view. 

Got me thinking today tho I wander if there is any other club in the country who's chairman and manager have so much personal love for the club they are working at. If we do get to the prem and manage to consolidate there. There will be a lot of fans and clubs looking to emulate what we have. 

This is a pointless survey, just like the last one. It just goes to show that, with a massive swing from 70% out to 85% in that there is a reason fans don’t make these decisions, because we’re too emotional.

Why can’t, once and for all, on either side of the in/out argument we just acknowledge that we will have peaks and troughs, ups and downs. It’s rarely all up or all down. 

It’s pointless every 10 games or so having this same conversation. 

LJ is here till the summer, why don’t we just get behind the team and chat again in June. 

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

As he's now been extensively backed in the January window with his choice of players it would be madness to sack him now and it obviously won't happen anyway.

I wanted Neil Warnock in but that moment has gone.

Alea iacta est.

I imagine the recruitment is the same as it’s always been - not just down to LJ

Archived