IGNORED

Johnson In or Out?

And Its Smith

Johnson In or Out  

447 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

Absolute joke of a tread we have just won our last 5 out of 6 games had a good January window and got a new training  ground coming out the ground and still we get a tread about Johnson in it out? What more do people want ? Beyond belief 

tread carefully

36 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

This is a pointless survey, just like the last one. It just goes to show that, with a massive swing from 70% out to 85% in that there is a reason fans don’t make these decisions, because we’re too emotional.

Why can’t, once and for all, on either side of the in/out argument we just acknowledge that we will have peaks and troughs, ups and downs. It’s rarely all up or all down. 

It’s pointless every 10 games or so having this same conversation. 

LJ is here till the summer, why don’t we just get behind the team and chat again in June. 

It's not pointless. It shows what you say is true. That some fans want him out and then want him in, changing their minds that quickly, that easily. And even abusing those that say to keep him when on a mini bad run of results. 

26 minutes ago, City18 said:

Yes we are on our best run of the season and in the play offs. 

We also have a very high quality team this season and I have no doubt a high number of managers that we could have brought in with this squad could also be in the same position if not higher. 

But they would not have those players as they would not have brought them in

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

This is the bottom line with LJ. He is so streaky it’s inevitable that you will get such swings in support for him. It would be the same were he doing this at any other club.

He really isn’t, certainly no more so than most other managers/teams at this level

I am still pretty firmly LJ out but delighted he is turning results around. Performances still not great but can’t discount defence in that and that has been much better lately. 

Going to take more than a few 1-0 wins against bottom half sides to sway me. Seen this too many times we get hot we get cold we get hot we fall short. We will see how it goes because even if we get a playoff spot I’d like to see us compete in it. If we can do that I think it would show progression in a way but still would like to see a bit more cohesion in our attacking play

5 hours ago, winsaw said:

Think that this vote just shows everyone here is a normal football fan, the manager wins 4 in a row people are behind him if he goes and lose 4 in a row the vote will be totally different to hiw it is now, 

Quite right, and before this current run we did lose 4 league games in a row and we were also subsequently dumped out of the FA Cup by league one Shrewsbury ... opinions seem to change very quickly ...

6 hours ago, Xiled said:

The three January incoming players mean there's now no excuse to finish outside the top 6. Delighted to see the team strengthened but this should be LJ's last chance. Season on season progress is all well and good but we have a squad that should now be top 2 let alone top 6. Brentford aside this is a mediocre season. I'll certainly give him until May but let's not accept anything less than play-offs.

I don't like LJ's habit of throwing young players under the bus and I'm mystified why Taylor Moore has been sent to frigging Blackpool.

It's been great to win 5 out 6 recent games but I still haven't seen a convincing victory in that sequence.

I don't personally care about promotion but if that is Lansdown's stated aim then this is easily the best chance since Gary Johnson took us to Wembley.

Something that's happened once? Twice? Is a habit?

And Moore being sent somewhere where he will start games regularly for the rest of the season, at the same time allowing us to replace his current spot in the squad with someone of far superior quality mystified you? 

Blimey.

5 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

It's hard to say when we're on one of these 'good runs' but I can't help feeling what would a established manager like Chris Hughton or another do with our squad and the eradication of these silly losing streaks we go in and out of.

Agree as if we didn’t have that stupid loosing streak in December we would be second spot above Leeds. We have another four months left so lets back LJ and hopefully we will all be surprised by the end of the season as I have a feeling not to spend my Qantas points and save them for a prem match at the Gate next season.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Quite right, and before this current run we did lose 4 league games in a row and we were also subsequently dumped out of the FA Cup by league one Shrewsbury ... opinions seem to change very quickly ...

And before those four league games in a row, we'd only lost three league games out of 20.

So essentially, our "bad form" this season basically comes down to one single four game stretch and the fact that we've been rubbish in the cups.

2 hours ago, MattWSM said:

we should vote after each game and see how the opinions change game by game across the season ....statto

I've never changed my political views, an agnostic all my life, and a Bristol City supporter til I die.

So why should I change my opinion about our beloved (by some) Head Coach? There are times to just sit back and not be controversial and this is one of them.

17 hours ago, Alessandro said:

This is a pointless survey, just like the last one. It just goes to show that, with a massive swing from 70% out to 85% in that there is a reason fans don’t make these decisions, because we’re too emotional.

Why can’t, once and for all, on either side of the in/out argument we just acknowledge that we will have peaks and troughs, ups and downs. It’s rarely all up or all down. 

It’s pointless every 10 games or so having this same conversation. 

LJ is here till the summer, why don’t we just get behind the team and chat again in June. 

Because people want to point score about emotional judgements on an anonymous football forum.

There’s so much hyperbole because football is an emotional sport and the anonymity on here gives people a bit of extra bravado.

I think people care too much about what other people on here think - football opinions are fluid, always have been always will be.

5 hours ago, Out of his pie crust said:

I hope as fans of City, we can all unite for the rest of the season as one large red sweaty amorphous  and loud blob. 

I think there's one or two that can probably manage that singlehanded! :) 

Archived