IGNORED

Big "Dave"

Dolman Block B

I was at the game. One of his best performances today. QPR couldn’t handle him, and almost scored an even better goal than his first in the second half.

MoM today by far. I hope he keeps up this level he is currently at. Not many opposition teams will be able to touch him if he does.

Great to see him upping his game...not so much in goals, but defensive work. It makes a massive difference. He may not add to the fluidity of our football, but we are certainly grinding out results because everyone...not just 10 are putting in huge amounts of effort. Combine that with some bits of skill and it goes a long way.

5 wins...5 clean sheets...an excellent contribution. Glad he's seen the light.

6 minutes ago, Flagon said:

I think his fitness levels have hit another level lately and he definitely looks leaner compared to when we first got him. 

It's so great to see the team battling from all over the pitch. 

First season he really did not look he could last 90. Built his strength up and is one of the ones still covering the ground in the last ten.

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

I,ll put my hand up and say i was one of his many many critics.

I really couldnt see where his value was coming from, made mistake after mistake and missed some sitters in front of goal

The last 6 or so matches the man has been an inspiration and looks strong, skilful and an excellent striker. And apart from his attacking skills how good was he in defence today and against Reading on Tuesday? 

Excellent performance, probably just sneaking M.O.M over Nathan Baker who has been superb recently as well.

Really hope we can find some good home form now to try for the play off spot of whows, perhaps automatic if we keep up this form.

Famara woo woo woo woo

Famara woo woo woo woo

He comes from Senagal

And now he lives in Knowle.

I was exactly the same with him and still think he can make better runs. 
He was superb today though and has been much better for a while. Battling for every ball, never knowing when he’s beaten. Brilliant finish for the goal. If Harry Kane did that they’d never stop showing it. What a defensive header at the end as well. 
Baker was excellent but Fam was MOM easily 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Listening on RB it sounded as if he was having a terrific match at Loftus Rd this afternoon and the commentators were gushing in praising him.

It has certainly taken him a while to show us what he’s capable of. 

So, you are letting radio commentators dictate to you how good a player is ?

What is really positive is with the addition of Wells and Fam’s form, we can actually field two out-and-out strikers with different attributes who cause defences different problems.

One of the things that has at times been a bit of a pain is when we have one recognised front man, and several ‘false nines’/attacking midfielders who are similar, so have no different dynamic to put in and shake things up.

Sometimes the ‘clubs in the bag’ have all looked a little similar up top, while now we have genuinely varied options, depending what a defence shows.  

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Why .?

Sigh, ok I'll have a go, realising that you quite probably already know (apols if genuinely don't) and it will undoubtedly start a range of offended posts......

There was an advert. It was a bunch of blokes who had a mate who was very big and also black. He was called Big Dave. Subsequently (not just on here) if there's a big black guy in a team he sometimes gets called Dave because he's big and ....you get the rest. First example was I believe West Brom fans calling Darren Moore Big Dave, because.......

Look, I get it's used in an affectionate way (there's a lot of love for Fammy on here) and not trying to cause offence (except to other posters by some who are clearly on the wind up). But essentially it's from the 'all black guys look the same' stereotype. See also all black guys have big........Therefore it is at best a bit naff (to my mind) and at worst a stereotype based on race, regardless of whether it's intended as high praise or an insult. 

Hope that explains it. COYR.

6 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Sigh, ok I'll have a go, realising that you quite probably already know (apols if genuinely don't) and it will undoubtedly start a range of offended posts......

There was an advert. It was a bunch of blokes who had a mate who was very big and also black. He was called Big Dave. Subsequently (not just on here) if there's a big black guy in a team he sometimes gets called Dave because he's big and ....you get the rest. First example was I believe West Brom fans calling Darren Moore Big Dave, because.......

Look, I get it's used in an affectionate way (there's a lot of love for Fammy on here) and not trying to cause offence (except to other posters by some who are clearly on the wind up). But essentially it's from the 'all black guys look the same' stereotype. See also all black guys have big........Therefore it is at best a bit naff (to my mind) and at worst a stereotype based on race, regardless of whether it's intended as high praise or an insult. 

Hope that explains it. COYR.

News flash.... You're wrong .

The nickname comes from the non- league player Dave Diedhiou .

But never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Hope that explains it.

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

News flash.... You're wrong .

The nickname comes from the non- league player Dave Diedhiou .

Hope that explains it.

Ah so you did know ?. Ok fair enough. Pretty sure it was used for Darren Moore well before Fammy but accept it's used for your reason here.

Wasn't trying to be sarcastic with the 'Hope that explains it' either, just in case it wasn't clear. 

1 minute ago, steveybadger said:

Ah so you did know ?. Ok fair enough. Pretty sure it was used for Darren Moore well before Fammy but accept it's used for your reason here.

Wasn't trying to be sarcastic with the 'Hope that explains it' either, just in case it wasn't clear. 

Just annoys me when people immediately take offence to it without actually knowing the reason.  Sign of the times I'm afraid.  Didn't take it as a dig by the way.

I didnt see this thread before i posted the comment below in the QPR thread. Seems I'm not alone.

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The pace was on the ball and Dave directed it towards goal - that was the impressive bit of skill.

I'm feeling a bit out of touch here, but why do people keep calling him Dave? i must admit its beginning to annoy me now. He has a fantastic name in Famara, quite unique (well I don't know another), so why cheapen it with a childish joke?

This isn't a dig at you but after seeing it written so many times i thought I would ask the next person who posted it. So @Robbored can you please enlighten me?

1 hour ago, Highguy said:

Looks a different player since his sending off unplayable today maybe he knows he has to turn up now as wells is proven at this level and afobe returning from injury (nice see him in the crowd today)

I said that earlier, his real upturn in form has been since he returned from suspension. Wonder what went on during that time?

Archived