It's only one site and it's not gospel - but a 9.4 rating on whoscored.com is pretty incredible.

He was unplayable in that first 30 minutes and still fighting right at the end as well. Love him.

This run of form began when he got back into his national side and imo the confidence that will come with that (as well as maybe learning a trick or two off of Mane) has done him a world of good.

• Like 5

Listening on RB it sounded as if he was having a terrific match at Loftus Rd this afternoon and the commentators were gushing in praising him.

It has certainly taken him a while to show us what he’s capable of. 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Listening on RB it sounded as if he was having a terrific match at Loftus Rd this afternoon and the commentators were gushing in praising him.

It has certainly taken him a while to show us what he’s capable of. 

I’d say it’s taken most of us a while to realise what he’s capable of, despite proving it on many occasions 

• Like 12

Was superb again. Just becoming a regular thing isn't it!

One big thing I have noticed is how much fitter he is now.

He used to be knackered after 70 minutes. He can now go 90 no problem, still chasing everything in the final minutes.

What a header that was. And really liked that bit of skill and shot with his left foot first half.

And the bicycle kick with his left foot second half. I've always rated him but he is going onto new levels now it seems.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Was superb again. Just becoming a regular thing isn't it!

One big thing I have noticed is how much fitter he is now.

He used to be knackered after 70 minutes. He can now go 90 no problem, still chasing everything in the final minutes.

What a header that was. And really liked that bit of skill and shot with his left foot first half.

And the bicycle kick with his left foot second half. I've always rated him but he is going onto new levels now it seems.

He turned 27 in December. Prime age. I think in past year's we, or certainly I, hadn't appreciated that he was probably still learning. 

Edited by ExiledAjax
2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

He turned 27 in December. Prime age. I think in past year's we, or certainly I, hadn't appreciated that he was probably still learning. 

True. But for me he can still get better. There's many big strikers who come into their prime in their 30s.

I don't know how we fit in Wells but nice problem to have. 

FD was used as a long range target. At the moment not so much as we have Elliasson whipping in crosses and when Hunt is playing well he does too...As today. 

FD is playing better as the service is better and he's not just thought of as the lump up front.

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Great in their box and ours today. Wells or not he looked undroppable today.

If we had just signed him in this window, and that was the first time we had seen him, I think we would be very excited.

It’s unbelievable some people don’t see what he brings,many times this season and last he has been our best defender in our box,people will judge him on goals purely because he’s classed as a forward but they have never played the game in my eyes 

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

FD was used as a long range target. At the moment not so much as we have Elliasson whipping in crosses and when Hunt is playing well he does too...As today. 

FD is playing better as the service is better and he's not just thought of as the lump up front.

I think this is probably right. Go back to the YouTube highlights when we signed him... all the goals were off the shoulder/ poacher style finishes. It's only since he's been here that he's been played as a hold up/ target man. Maybe you're right and we're just playing to his strengths more.

• Like 1