Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

The problem with football fans in general, is everything is black or white. I know that's a generalisation :yes: and it doesn't apply to all fans , but it does to a lot. It's an emotional game, and it can be just an expression calling someone shit, I do try and be level headed with opinions, but I have called players shit, specially at a game and 5 pints in 😊.

What I would say is Fam looks fitter and stronger now, you could see flashes in games where he'd hold the ball up, or spin/dribble and wonder why he didn't do it more often. He also looks a confidence player, so add more consistency to fitness and confidence and we are seeing the benefit IMO.

That first half run and shot wouldn't have happened 6 months ago, or the shots from distance like at Wigan or the volley over yesterday. As for the flick and overhead kick 😍. If Wells can form a partnership (something AW & FD never seem to have) then we could really make a strong push for the playoffs. I just hope this run of Fam form lasts until the end of the season he's 🔥

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

For anyone who didn't see it.

As highlight reels go, that is a performance up there if not better than Fulham.

Some interesting bits of Massengo getting close to him, as an option.  Good to see. 

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

As highlight reels go, that is a performance up there if not better than Fulham.

Some interesting bits of Massengo getting close to him, as an option.  Good to see. 

As an aside, just come across this somebody out there put together on his defensive efforts this season. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/jbcfc_/status/1223993682090700800

On 01/02/2020 at 23:11, Robbored said:

Good point mozo. 

The international hat trick has improved his confidence tremendously.

I think that this is nearer the truth than the penalty against Brazil.

Yes, ok, it was Swaziland or whoever, but that will have given him a bigger boost than a penalty, no matter the opposition.

Thinking back I think the start of his improved form was Charlton (h). On subs bench, a kick up the arse. Came on got a goal, perhaps too wound up, got himself red carded. But he was like a coiled spring that night. 

• Like 1

Plenty of plaudits from QPR fans for Fam's goal here

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/254030/yesterdays-goal/#37

Some weird views as well like the cocker-knee who seems to think we've never seen our team pass as well as they did; I thought they were one of the worst QPR teams I have ever seen and didn't look like scoring, despite a bit of pressure at the end.

On 03/02/2020 at 12:07, Davefevs said:

Thinking back I think the start of his improved form was Charlton (h). On subs bench, a kick up the arse. Came on got a goal, perhaps too wound up, got himself red carded. But he was like a coiled spring that night. 

On the bench, a kick up the arse.

Sent off, for kicking someone else up the arse.

• Haha 1